Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 72 hour truce broken already

+3
chrissie
dazedandconfused
Panda
7 posters

Go down

New 72 hour truce broken already Empty New 72 hour truce broken already

Post  Panda Fri 1 Aug - 9:04

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
New 72 hour truce broken already Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New 72 hour truce broken already Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

New 72 hour truce broken already Empty Re: New 72 hour truce broken already

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 11:21

Except the article does not say that at all, does it Panda? In fact it says the exact opposite. And that is coming from SKY who are notoriously anti-Israel. Why do you keep posting outright lies? Do you think we are all too stupid to click and read for ourselves?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 13:33

In fact nobody even has to click and read as it has just been on the BBC News at One. I'm assuming that their account is reasonably accurate. It backs up what Sky said in the article quoted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 13:35

In fact I would suggest that the title of this thread be changed because it is just not true!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 1 Aug - 13:40

It has just been on Sky news too!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
New 72 hour truce broken already Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New 72 hour truce broken already Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 1 Aug - 13:42

I find the title quite shocking when it is blatantly untrue. Even the beeb were reporting on the early morning news that Hamas had broken the truce. Please can we have a brief summary of what the link contains rather than just posting it without comment other than to give a totally misleading title.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 13:46

dazedandconfused wrote:I find the title quite shocking when it is blatantly untrue.  Even the beeb were reporting on the early morning news that Hamas had broken the truce.  Please can we have a brief summary of what the link contains rather than just posting it without comment other than to give a totally misleading title.

Can guests see this part of the Forum? If so, leaving these lies in place is making it look as though this Forum has a political agenda. IMO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 1 Aug - 13:52

Iris wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:I find the title quite shocking when it is blatantly untrue.  Even the beeb were reporting on the early morning news that Hamas had broken the truce.  Please can we have a brief summary of what the link contains rather than just posting it without comment other than to give a totally misleading title.

Can guests see this part of the Forum? If so, leaving these lies in place is making it look as though this Forum has a political agenda.  IMO.

Yes, guests can see this! I've just logged out to check!. Panda, its been made quite clear on every news station that Hamas broke the ceasefire. Why have you put this as the title when it clearly isn't true?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 1 Aug - 13:52

Iris wrote:

Can guests see this part of the Forum? If so, leaving these lies in place is making it look as though this Forum has a political agenda.  IMO.

Certainly makes us look like internet nutters, especially if these misleading titles and comments go unchallenged. I feel like I'm turning into the MM police now as I really don't want guests to think that we're all total nutcases.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 1 Aug - 14:01

i agree with both of you. The title needs to be changed.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 1 Aug - 14:05

change it and change it now Panda. if you are unable to report accurately then please don't post at all.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 1 Aug - 14:59

Sky news reporting that the captured Israeli soldier may be a dual national British-Israeli soldier

"The Foreign Office is looking into reports that a soldier feared kidnapped by Hamas in the Gaza Strip is from a family of British-Israeli migrants.

The Palestinian militant group had apparently dragged 23-year-old Hadar Goldin into a tunnel as fighting broke out around two hours into a three-day ceasefire.

Two Israeli soldiers were killed in the incident as the military searched for the missing second lieutenant from Kfar Saba."

New 72 hour truce broken already Cegrab-20140801-145717-159-1-522x293
Hadar Goldin is feared kidnapped in Gaza

http://news.sky.com/story/1311150/gaza-kidnapped-soldier-may-be-british-israeli
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 1 Aug - 16:06

Title changed.
Information should be checked before posted.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 17:24

wjk wrote:Sky news reporting that the captured Israeli soldier may be a dual national British-Israeli soldier

"The Foreign Office is looking into reports that a soldier feared kidnapped by Hamas in the Gaza Strip is from a family of British-Israeli migrants.

The Palestinian militant group had apparently dragged 23-year-old Hadar Goldin into a tunnel as fighting broke out around two hours into a three-day ceasefire.

Two Israeli soldiers were killed in the incident as the military searched for the missing second lieutenant from Kfar Saba."

New 72 hour truce broken already Cegrab-20140801-145717-159-1-522x293
Hadar Goldin is feared kidnapped in Gaza

http://news.sky.com/story/1311150/gaza-kidnapped-soldier-may-be-british-israeli

Well, that's really going to put a big cat in amongst the pigeons if a British subject is involved. What will "Call Me Dave" make of it now? He'll have to do something, he can't ignore this one!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 1 Aug - 17:57

Cameron is a muppet. he should say something appropriate now. ill bet we,re still waiting tomorrow
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 1 Aug - 19:09

Foreign Office still investigating but Sky News claim he is NOT of dual nationality.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 20:15

I've just heard Classic FM in the car and the news on there say that he definitely is!!!  New 72 hour truce broken already 847843 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 1 Aug - 20:34

OMG! What will happen now I wonder?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 20:41

It was weird. They had Ed Milliband speaking about it, he is supposed to be a left wing politician and therefore side with the Palestinians. But he can't because that would mean he was agreeing with David Cameron's anti-Israel stance, and I'm not sure how observant the rest of his Jewish family are either. He was tripping himself up all over the place. I'm just waiting to see what David Cameron has to say now. If this poor lad is a British subject after all, Cameron can't just leave him there to rot; that's the next election lost if he does. It took 5 years, a LOT of negotiation and the release of 1000 Palestinian prisoners (some of them murderers and rapists) to get Gilead Shalit back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Fri 1 Aug - 21:02

Iris wrote:I've just heard Classic FM in the car and the news on there say that he definitely is!!!  New 72 hour truce broken already 847843 

Earlier today, reports emerged that Lieutenant Hadar Goldin, 23, believed to be the third cousin of Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon, had been kidnapped by Hamas in an attack that left two others dead less than two hours after the ceasefire began.
The soldier, who had reportedly got engaged just weeks before being sent to Gaza with the military, was previously rumoured to be a British Israeli, but the Foreign Office has since said it has no information to suggest that he is a British citizen.
However, he is believed to have lived for several years in Cambridge with his twin brother on two occasions, at the age of six and 15.
His father spent time on sabbatical as an academic at Cambridge University and the family played an active role in the Jewish community, a friend told the Jerusalem Post.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2712656/Israel-Gaza-ceasefire-ends-sides-blame-breaching-truce.html#ixzz39AkmJ9Me
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 21:07

Thanks ann_chovey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down