Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low price Aldi is new consumer champion

2 posters

Go down

Low price Aldi is new consumer champion Empty Low price Aldi is new consumer champion

Post  Panda Mon 29 Sep - 8:49

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Low price Aldi is new consumer champion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Low price Aldi is new consumer champion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Low price Aldi is new consumer champion Empty Re: Low price Aldi is new consumer champion

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 29 Sep - 9:36

This doesn't surprise me. I think that Aldi offers good quality products at very competitive prices. Recently, I bought a few 250g jars of Manuka UMF 10+ honey at my local Aldi store at £4.29 each. In Boots, 250g of the same honey is an absolutely unbelievable £17.99.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Low price Aldi is new consumer champion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Low price Aldi is new consumer champion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Low price Aldi is new consumer champion Empty Re: Low price Aldi is new consumer champion

Post  Panda Mon 29 Sep - 9:48

AnnaEsse wrote:This doesn't surprise me. I think that Aldi offers good quality products at very competitive prices. Recently, I bought a few 250g jars of Manuka UMF 10+ honey at my local Aldi store at £4.29 each. In Boots, 250g  of the same honey is an absolutely unbelievable £17.99.

Crikey AnnaEsse, what a price difference.!!! Boots is not cheap , their cosmetics even with discount vouchers is not cheap. What a showup...two German Companies have shown British Supermarkets how to satisfy Customers AND make profits.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 29 Sep - 9:54

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:This doesn't surprise me. I think that Aldi offers good quality products at very competitive prices. Recently, I bought a few 250g jars of Manuka UMF 10+ honey at my local Aldi store at £4.29 each. In Boots, 250g  of the same honey is an absolutely unbelievable £17.99.

Crikey AnnaEsse, what a price difference.!!!  Boots is not cheap , their cosmetics even with discount vouchers is not cheap. What a showup...two German Companies have shown  British Supermarkets how to satisfy Customers AND make profits.

Panda, I just laughed when I saw the price of that honey in Boots. Aldi has it in the grocery section, but Boots has it displayed in alternative medicine section, trying to fool people, I reckon, who might think that something "medical," is going to be very expensive.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 29 Sep - 10:27

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

Crikey AnnaEsse, what a price difference.!!!  Boots is not cheap , their cosmetics even with discount vouchers is not cheap. What a showup...two German Companies have shown  British Supermarkets how to satisfy Customers AND make profits.

Panda, I just laughed when I saw the price of that honey in Boots. Aldi has it in the grocery section, but Boots has it displayed in alternative medicine section, trying to fool people, I reckon, who might think that something "medical," is going to be very expensive.

Many moons ago when i lived in Jersey I worked at Boots for a while. One day a young Woman came in and said she was taking her driving test that day and was very nervous and could the Pharmacist recommend anything to calm her down. Ther Pharmacist gave her two tablets , one to be taken immediately, he gave her some water, and the other an hour before the lesson. When i asked what he had given to her he said "orange coated aspirin, but the woman will think she has been given a sedative.."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum