Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014

+3
comperedna
LJC
frencheuropean
7 posters

Go down

Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014 Empty Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014

Post  frencheuropean Sun 5 Oct - 21:28

http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.de/2014/10/rip-brenda-leyland-trolled-hounded-to.html

Sunday, 5 October 2014

RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine

I am not going to use the tragic death of a woman and Mother to propagate further my opinions and views on the Madeleine McCann case.

Those views are well established and in the public domain for anyone who so cares to read them.

Presumably, given that Carole Malone hasn’t yet done a piece about me in her servile, toadying column or Martin Brunt, (a man whom I actually like, respect and admire), hasn’t yet knocked on my door to confront me about those views suggests to me that I haven’t committed the same offence that Brenda Leyland apparently did.

She is the lady who was “outed” by Sky News and other media outlets and newspapers as one of the McCanns “Vile Trolls”.

A lady whom, despite being reported as seemingly having made “death threats” on Twitter, has in fact, apparently never made any such threat. Nor has anyone else that I have ever seen.

The Internet is awash with people who, increasingly, don’t believe the McCann’s version of events surrounding what happened to their daughter, Madeleine. They’re not TROLLS. They’re just people who have noticed the glaring contradictions in what is reported in the UK Press and what both the Portuguese and British opined and formulated.

Many of these people express their opinions with a distinct lack of articulation; devoid of any literary prowess. Some, are unquestionably abusive, hurtful, insensitive and indeed, offensive. That doesn’t make them illegal.

For whatever reason, Brenda Leyland was singled out to exemplify that faction of Social networking which continues to discuss and deliberate the McCann case differently from how it is so portrayed in the Press. Differently from how the McCann’s and their supporters want the case reported.

I did not know Brenda. I have never knowingly communicated with her in any manner. When Sky NEWS doorstepped her and she became news headlines elsewhere I did do some superficial research, including reviewing her tweets.

Amongst the WORST tweets I have seen was where she hoped the McCanns “suffered for the rest of their miserable lives”. It was a foolish, foolhardy and deeply insensitive tweet to make, even if she did genuinely mean it.

She didn’t deserve to be exposed and identified, her name, address and personal details made publicly available.

She didn’t deserve to be labelled “evil”.

She didn’t deserve to be subjected to such threats and abuse by the myriad of McCann supporters whose cruel taunts and vilification by far exceeded anything she was reported to have allegedly made.

She didn’t deserve to be stigmatised and crucified by a baying, servile PRO McCann media and its supporters, hell bent on indoctrinating a British public as to their ideaology where the McCann case is concerned.

Most of all, she didn’t deserve to die, alone in some soulless and anonymous little hotel room where she had fled; castigated by the baying Pro McCann machine.

Such gut-wrenching, bitter, bitter irony that she has lost her life after being hounded and trolled by a Media and PRESS hell bent on making her out as someone who had hounded and trolled others.

My fervent HOPE and wish is that this tragedy will inspire others to do their OWN research, reviews and investigations into the available facts and evidence surrounding the McCann case, where they can then formulate their OWN opinions, rather than have them shaped and made for them by the mainstream Media.

I know Martin Brunt and I know he is a good man. We have never met but we follow each other on Twitter and I have worked on several investigative projects that he has orchestrated. I also know he will be devastated and hurt by this development.

It would be wrong to blame him for Brenda’s demise. Not least because Martin, as a STAFF reporter, is duty bound to follow the Editorial policy and procedure of his company, as are all TV news correspondents.

I do not reserve such charity, alas, for Daily Mirror columnist, Carole Malone.

She described Brenda as a “cowardly bully”, “piece of work” and suggested “her own life is so lonely, so miserable, so poisoned that she wants others to suffer the same”, suggesting “she’s just a twisted, fecked up bitch who gets her kicks from hurting people”.

Well, maybe you’re partly right Carole. I’m going to suggest, at the end, she was very lonely and miserable indeed.

"I love you mum and I will miss you forever". That's the last Facebook post from Brenda's son, Ben.

I’m not, however, going to tell you what I think of you, Carole. That would merely be replicating the grievous and despicable offence I’m accusing you of.

Instead, I’ll leave it to one of Brenda’s alleged Tweets, suggesting that you “suffer for the rest of your miserable life".

RIP Brenda Leyland, wherever you may be."
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
 Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014 Empty Re: Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014

Post  LJC Tue 7 Oct - 15:31

I hope Spudgun is right when he says that Martin Brunt will be devasted. I now hope that Martin Brunt will do everything in his power to ensure whatever stories he is asked to follow that he never doorsteps anyone again. I can accept he had a job to do but, as an intelligent being, he should have known this was a very heavy handed approach.

It may well have come as a shock to Brenda Leyland to find a couple of Police Officers at her door but at least they would have taken her inside, sat her down and told her of the consequences of doing what she has been doing rather than shouting it out in the street for everyone to hear, rather than shoving a camera into her face so those that could not hear in the street could watch it on TV or read about it in the newspapers.

This incident was an absolute life changer for Brenda Leyland whereas the McCanns had their lives changed 7 long years ago. Brenda Leyland may have hurt their feelings and offended them but the McCanns lives could not be changed any more than has already taken place since May 2007.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
 Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014 Empty Re: Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014

Post  tanszi Tue 7 Oct - 15:52

I am quite sure Brunt is totally devasted.  I only hope that he tells the truth the whole truth of all those who were involved, those it was discussed with and those who agreed with it. i also hope his paymasters are also devastated.  on another forum they are showing some of the tweets a McC supporter sent to Brenda,  they are vile and threatening in the most heinous way.  i hope SKY new and all the msm see these and call for this person to be tracked down and investigated by the police.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Tue 7 Oct - 17:46

I never really disliked Brunt, but I know many did. He has made a terrible, terrible misjudgement by not turnimng down the commission Sky gave him, and I do believe he wil be devastated. What a terrible, terrible outcome.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 7 Oct - 17:54

Everyone and their brother were blasting the two Aussies who made the phone call YET know one is taking responsibility for this death.

At least the Australian women apologised and came to the Inquest and apologised AGAIN to the family in person.

Will Brunt do that?

I don't hate Brunt for what he did, if he has any scruples he will be hurting at the moment, unlike the Mccanns.

They don't care about their own daughter so I'm damn sure they couldn't care less about a stranger.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 7 Oct - 22:37

Nightmares at bedtime.
Flashbacks in the daytime.

When someone makes such an underhand Faustian bargain, it's always wise to remember that every day is payback time.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 7 Oct - 22:50

Brunt is/was an experienced, seasoned journalist who has been in many delicate situations before. He had a choice. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. All of my sympathy is reserved for Sweepy's two boys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 7 Oct - 23:19

An honourable man would have said: "No!" and to hell with the consequences. He's well known enough in the business to land another job, surely?
I think the whole damned and doomed lot of them got carried away, wetting their drawers with excitement at the prospect of plotting this poor woman's downfall.

Now they're learning that karma's a bitch ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 7 Oct - 23:24

I understand that Iris  this was not his usual m.o. was it. as you say he had a choice and he chose to do it, why oh why  surely someone said, hang on weve never done this before, why now.  why in the McCs case.  as I understand it twitter is full of odd comments directed at one or another.  why was the decision made to go after someone who was tweeting about the McCs.  yes,  her boys.  I cannot imagine the grief and suffering they are experiencing at the moment.  I pray that they will find solace.

yes almostgothic karma certainly can be that.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Wed 8 Oct - 2:10

Did Brenda give permission for the video to be shown of her interview? In the US, people have rights not be shown on video without their permission. Did she have those same rights? Public figures (such as the McCanns) are a different story, however, because of their celebrity status.

I too have no sympathy for Brunt. He needs to apologize immediately, which he can do without admitting any fault whatsoever. Why so silent Brunt? Are you as unremorseful as the McCanns themselves?

I agree with Kitti, the McCanns don't give a toss about Brenda Leyland, nor their own missing daughter. In fact, I believe Gerry is quite pleased with the outcome, as someone has been "made and example of" as he so wished.

The only reason the McCanns want to silence those who question them is because they don't want the twins to learn the truth someday.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 8 Oct - 11:40

I think Brunt will have been told (by the corporate lawyers) to keep his head down.

I don't mind him being on gardening leave ..............

............... as long as he stays in his own garden.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Oct - 11:47

almostgothic wrote:I think Brunt will have been told (by the corporate lawyers) to keep his head down.

I don't mind him being on gardening leave ..............

............... as long as he stays in his own garden.

why would corporate lawyers tell him to keep his head down?  Spudgun :"RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine" 5/2014 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down