Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Bike Ride begins..

+2
malena stool
mara thon
6 posters

Go down

The Great Bike Ride begins.. Empty The Great Bike Ride begins..

Post  fred Sat 13 Jun - 15:43

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-33121560

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3122390/Kate-McCann-cycling-fundraiser.html

Anyone going to the finishing line to cheer her on?
On Monday she will be on the 'sofa' with her great (I really luv ya) pal Lorriane, begging, sorry imploring the public to look out for Madeleine as she is still findable!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
The Great Bike Ride begins.. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Great Bike Ride begins.. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

The Great Bike Ride begins.. Empty Re: The Great Bike Ride begins..

Post  interested Sat 13 Jun - 18:19

Since she and twenty others are participating in this five day event I expect the expenses will be high (accommodation, meals, etc.). Do they pay their own expenses or do these expenses come out of the funds donated by their individual sponsors? I notice that she has not as yet reached her target of 10,000 pound.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
The Great Bike Ride begins.. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Great Bike Ride begins.. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 13 Jun - 21:07

Kate McCann sets out on 500-mile cycle ride for Missing People charity
By DavidWOwen | Posted: June 13, 2015

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Kate-McCann-cycle-ride/story-26690733-detail/story.html

Kate McCann and her team preparing to embark on the 500-mile cycle challenge. Photo courtesy of PA
VIEW GALLERY
Comments (0)
The mother of Madeleine McCann has set out on a 500-mile bike ride to help other families dealing with the agony of a missing loved one.

Kate McCann is leading a five-day challenge involving 20 cyclists, eight years after her beloved daughter was abducted in Portugal.

The 47-year-old, of Rothley, headed out on the open road from Edinburgh, this morning, to help raise £10,000 for the UK Charity Missing People.

It comes a year after she and husband Gerry launched the charity's child rescue alert scheme with the mother of murdered schoolgirl April Jones.

Kate, who is an ambassador for Missing People, said: "The Missing People Cycle Challenge is particularly significant for me, a year on from the launch of Child Rescue Alert in the UK.

"The night that our little girl was taken from her bed, we mistakenly presumed that an alert would have gone out immediately to the public to get as many eyes and ears involved in the search as possible.

"But no such system existed to get a message out into the public domain quickly and recruit help."

Madeleine was just three-years-old when she was abducted from the family's holiday apartment on the Algarve on May 3, 2007 – in what remains one of the most famous missing persons cases in the world.

Within the last year, more than 250,000 people have signed up to the Child Rescue Alert to receive alerts when a child is feared to have been abducted.

Kate said: "Although a simple idea, it is a potentially life-saving system, the success of which is reliant on us, as members of the public, to sign up to receive free alerts when a child goes missing."

The cyclists will visit Newcastle, York, Nottingham and Northampton before crossing the finish line in London on Wednesday.

Kate added: "I hope that with every push of a pedal we make from one end of the country to the other we will encourage more and more people to join us in support of the charity – and in solidarity with all of those families waiting at home, in limbo, without news of their loved one."

The scheme uses social media, text messages, email and digital billboards across the UK, and the media, to issue alerts.

Missing People chief executive Jo Youle said: "I am deeply moved by the way the cycle challenge brings together families desperately missing loved ones with supporters of the charity, all pulling together in solidarity so we can offer a lifeline when someone disappears.

"As the team members stretch themselves and support each other with every aspect of the challenge, they always keep in mind the many missing adults, children and families that the charity supports."

To donate to Kate's Cycle Challenge visit www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann

To sign up to receive free Child Rescue Alerts, visit www.childrescuealert.org.uk/register

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Kate-McCann-cycle-ride/story-26690733-detail/story.html#ixzz3cyUHCBhM
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sun 14 Jun - 8:34

interested wrote:Since she and twenty others are participating in this five day event I expect the expenses will be high (accommodation, meals, etc.).  Do they pay their own expenses or do these expenses come out of the funds donated by their individual sponsors?  I notice that she has not as yet reached her target of 10,000 pound.

I´m sure this "famous celebrity" thinks she is so adored by her public that she will expect 7 star accommodation and dining for free.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 14 Jun - 10:30

mara thon wrote:
interested wrote:Since she and twenty others are participating in this five day event I expect the expenses will be high (accommodation, meals, etc.).  Do they pay their own expenses or do these expenses come out of the funds donated by their individual sponsors?  I notice that she has not as yet reached her target of 10,000 pound.

I´m sure this "famous celebrity" thinks she is so adored by her public that she will expect 7 star accommodation and dining for free.

This sounds a far better form of accomodation mara....
The Great Bike Ride begins.. 302722
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 16 Jun - 16:17

Is it true, that part of the cycling team with Kate are Police protection officers?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 16 Jun - 18:39

fred wrote:Is it true, that part of the cycling team with Kate are Police protection officers?

I haven't heard that before. When you consider that over 10 million of taxpayers' money has already been spent, I would hope if the Police are providing "protectoion" it will not be at public expense. Unless of course they decide the public is the group that needs protection.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 16 Jun - 22:58

Did you see that women run out into the road and give KM a kiss and cuddle?

Why didn't Anyone jump off their bike and grab the women?

Couldn't off been preplanned that , could it?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 17 Jun - 13:20

Just a bit of a set up, kitti!
How fake did it look?! The Great Bike Ride begins.. 294124
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down