Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do they really think

4 posters

Go down

What do they really think Empty What do they really think

Post  katertaif Fri 9 Oct - 14:13

A few days ago, Theresa May made a speech to thunderous applause, stating quite categorically that immigration was in fact bad for Britain.

If this is so, then why has this government been trumpeting for the last 5 years, and Labour for 13 years before that to the effect that Immigration was wonderful for Britain. If it is now so bad, why have they agreed to take in at least another 20,000, and will I believe take yet more. That doesn't make sense.

I believe that we have arrived at the stage where a British politician cannot be trusted to tell the truth on anything. There is another possible reason, which I find very cynical. Cameron has announced that he will not fight another election as a candidate for Prime Minister. It was mentioned after her speech that there may be some jockeying for position for the job.

The country is facing massive problems on all fronts. All they seem to be able to do effectively is cut the budget for everything. For politicians to be starting to put forward their - in effect applications for the job when there are so many urgent problems to be overcome; terrorism for one, unemployment for another, is worse than cynical. To use something as contentious as this to help advance their own career to me shows that person to be unfit to hold the office they are after.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
What do they really think Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What do they really think Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

What do they really think Empty Re: What do they really think

Post  Angelina Sat 10 Oct - 9:14

katertaif wrote:A few days ago, Theresa May made a speech to thunderous applause, stating quite categorically that immigration was in fact bad for Britain.

If this is so, then why has this government been trumpeting for the last 5 years, and Labour for 13 years before that to the effect that Immigration was wonderful for Britain. If it is now so bad, why have they agreed to take in at least another 20,000, and will I believe take  yet more. That doesn't make sense.

I believe that we have arrived at  the stage where a British politician cannot be trusted to tell the truth on anything. There is another possible reason, which I find very cynical. Cameron has announced that he will not fight another election as a candidate for Prime Minister. It was mentioned after her speech  that there may be some jockeying for position for the job.

The country is facing  massive problems on all fronts. All they seem to  be able to do effectively is cut the budget for everything. For politicians to be starting to put forward their - in effect applications for the job when there are so many urgent problems to be overcome; terrorism for one, unemployment for another, is worse than cynical. To use something as contentious as this to help advance their own career to me shows that person to be unfit to hold the office they are after.

It was a bid to be the next PM...not a good start really to show you're a 2 faced liar even before a nomination.

ETA...all just my humble opinion of course What do they really think 25346
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :
What do they really think Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What do they really think Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 10 Oct - 16:01

.[/quote]

It was a bid to be the next PM...not a good start really to show you're a 2 faced liar even before a nomination.

ETA...all just my humble opinion of course What do they really think 25346 [/quote]

I agree Angelina, all the way. She is quite obviously far more self serving than country serving. Absolutely unfit to be in the cabinet, or even an MP at all, let alone the de facto ruler of a country
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 26 Oct - 17:24

Looking at the selection of members we have elected to the Commons, we are struggling to find an upright, honest or even a barely trustworthy leader whose primary aim would be to protect and serve the electorate and not pursue his/her own agenda.

The nearest politician to a real non self-gratifying representative possessing knowledge of life's problems is Dennis Skinner who has never presented as a glib, smooth talking expenses cheat and a liar. Sadly, he is now in his 80s anyway.

Whatever happened to integrity and National pride in political life....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 26 Oct - 18:31

THEY ALL SEEM TO BE IN IT FOR THE MONEY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 26 Oct - 22:33

Badboy wrote:THEY ALL SEEM TO BE IN  IT FOR THE MONEY.
Spot on Badboy, these 'Honourable Members' are anything but.... .
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 28 Mar - 22:19

[quote="Angelina"]
katertaif wrote:A few days ago, Theresa May made a speech to thunderous applause, stating quite categorically that immigration was in fact bad for Britain.

If this is so, then why has this government been trumpeting for the last 5 years, and Labour for 13 years before that to the effect that Immigration was wonderful for Britain. If it is now so bad, why have they agreed to take in at least another 20,000, and will I believe take  yet more. That doesn't make sense.

I believe that we have arrived at  the stage where a British politician cannot be trusted to tell the truth on anything. There is another possible reason, which I find very cynical. Cameron has announced that he will not fight another election as a candidate for Prime Minister. It was mentioned after her speech  that there may be some jockeying for position for the job.

The country is facing  massive problems on all fronts. All they seem to  be able to do effectively is cut the budget for everything. For politicians to be starting to put forward their - in effect applications for the job when there are so many urgent problems to be overcome; terrorism for one, unemployment for another, is worse than cynical. To use something as contentious as this to help advance their own career to me shows that person to be unfit to hold the office they are after.

I agree with you Angelina in that showing themselves to be two faced (42aced as my late Mother was fond of saying) would not normally be an asset to the organisation you want to lead. The trouble is, with our present bunch of hopefuls, has beens, and never wazzers. they are all as bad as each other. I think the only honest one is Dennis Skinner. Unfortunately, while he may be honest, I can't agree with his politics. In any event the present party system is an excellent one (for them)It gives a veneer of democracy, something we badly need, and gives he impression that the power is in our hands, which is rubbish. Whatever colour rosette they wear, scratch them, and they are the same under the surface
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum