Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph

3 posters

Go down

Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph Empty Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph

Post  interested Wed 24 Aug - 16:08

I have to wonder if that 'outstanding' work means 'exceptionally good', or 'remaining to be dealt with'. Personally I think they are stalling until the damages verdict is announced in Lisbon. www.telegraph.co.uk/news.com
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph Empty Re: Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph

Post  fred Thu 25 Aug - 8:20

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph Empty Re: Madeleine McCann detectives may apply for more Home Office funding for 'outstanding work' - The Telegraph

Post  malena stool Thu 25 Aug - 10:15

interested wrote:I have to wonder if that 'outstanding' work means 'exceptionally good', or 'remaining to be dealt with'.  Personally I think they are stalling until the damages verdict is announced in Lisbon.   www.telegraph.co.uk/news.com
You may well be right, interested but the Met have done some outstanding work. They have found nothing that substantiates the McCann's and their friends theories of events and more importantly nothing which disproves the evidence and work of the Portuguese Officers and Canine team who initially worked the case.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 25 Aug - 15:40

I recently watched Downton Abbey (dvd) and am reminded of something Hugh Bonneville as the Earl of Grantham said. He offered a toast to British justice as "the envy of the world". (This would be circa 1925.) Maybe there was less corruption back in those days.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 25 Aug - 19:42

interested wrote:I recently watched Downton Abbey (dvd) and am reminded of something Hugh Bonneville as the Earl of Grantham said.  He offered a toast to British justice as "the envy of the world".  (This would be circa 1925.)  Maybe there was less corruption back in those days.  

I'm sure you're right interested, but evidence of corruption among the elite and ruling classes was difficult to obtain and share prior to the internet. And in fairness those who entered into public service in the lead up to the 20th century and the aftermath of the Great War were perhaps more motivated by the effects of blatant unfairness in the Judicial System on the lower classes than are the present day lawmakers. The 'old boy' system is still there, but there are more of them... Just my own opinion..
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 27 Aug - 0:51

Madeleine McCann is the benchmark of all missing children. Anorak looks at the competition for more cash. "Madeleine McCann and Damien Nettles compete for Theresa May's cash" www.anorak.co.uk (under News and Madeleine McCann)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum