Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

+50
Dimsie
fred
Roasted Arizona
lynn
AnnaEsse
Alpine Aster
Justiceforallkids
MaryB
quickfingers
tanszi
FSoares
Eve
Patchouli
kitti
littlepixie
Fudge
jassi
fishie
wjk
devonmum
dazedandconfused
tabs
MissGivings
Christine
Lillyofthevalley
Bridgieboo
magicslipper
Susan
the one and only big_l
T4two
maebee
wantthetruth
Colonel Fabien
welshy
Sprite
Carolina
bootsy
Gobsmacked
ann_chovey
Jean-Luc
flubber
Angelina
Claudia79
ali1966
ProfMoriarty
stellarose
zodiac
halfamo
frankie stein
steve1295
54 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 Empty A dog did find Aisling! A DOG!!!

Post  Lilemor Sat 24 Oct - 17:07

I am touched.
An irish dog has been the key in the case of missing Aisling.
The trusty dog alerted!
He solved the case.

ANY REACTION FROM THE MCCANNS? No. Perhaps the dog is the reason.
They do NOT want the world trust in the skills of the dogs.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10605284

Trusty dog a key player in Aisling search
4:00AM Sunday Oct 25, 2009
By Anna Rushworth and Portia Mao

A trusty border collie cross has been revealed as a key player in the tragic search and discovery of toddler Aisling Symes' body.
Waitakere Mayor Bob Harvey has personally written to 63-year-old Rex Wahrlich, owner of 5-year-old Rusty, thanking him for the canine's part in the search last week.
When the toddler went missing, Wahrlich wanted to help. He first joined the search in Riverpark Cres with Rusty on October 7, two days after the 2-year-old went missing.
He spent five hours walking around the area looking for her. Five days later he returned with Rusty to Longburn Rd, where Aisling was last seen, and was intrigued by the dog's behaviour.
Rusty was suspicious about the drain on the property. "The dog started going off and tried to pull me down to that area."
Seeing the area around the drain manhole was flooded, Wahrlich instead walked Rusty around the back of nearby Pomaria Rd.
He said the drain water was "bubbling up", indicating the drain was blocked.
Rusty was also behaving strangely, yelping at the water.
"She talks to me," Wahrlich said. "I let her off the chain and she went down to the river where the drain was flowing."
Wahrlich said Rusty was showing a lot of interest in the water coming out from the drain. "I spoke to a police officer and I told him it needed investigating but they didn't seem too interested."
Rusty's behaviour weighed on his mind and he called the police hotline with his concerns. When he couldn't get through, he called Waitakere City Council and said he was worried about the drain.
The council passed on the information to police and later that day the police searched the drain. Aisling's body was found about 8pm.
Wahrlich said the discovery of Aisling's body filled him with sadness but he was also relieved the ordeal was over for her parents and family.
He is pleased Rusty was helpful in the search. "My dog is part of the family, she's a brilliant dog. This dog would give her life for me."
After Aisling's body was found, Bob Harvey wrote to thank Wahrlich. "I thank you for bringing your dog to join the search and I am sure that your dog helped to locate the drain," wrote Harvey.
The story of Wahrlich and Rusty has made headlines in the Irish Daily Mail - Aisling's father Alan's home country.
Meanwhile, Waitakere City Council says it will release a report this week into its management of the drain. Residents say they had complained about the drain flooding before Aisling disappeared.

- HERALD ON SUNDAY
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  Guest Sat 24 Oct - 17:14

Dogs rock! Many years ago, we had a little cairn terrier. He caught two housebreakers by actually letting them into our house, then refusing to let them out again - by the time my Dad got back, they had locked themselves in the bathroom to get away from the dog!

Dogs are brilliant, they know a lot more than we can creit them for, and they don't tell lies. That's why the McScum make so much effort to discredit them. They know as well as we do, how smart dogs can be!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  Lilemor Sat 24 Oct - 17:19

And I think the McCanns know about the skills of the noses of the dogs as well!
They MUST know. They know Eddie and Killikilli are great dogs.

No compliment from Kate and Gery regarding the wonderful irish dog????
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Sat 24 Oct - 17:34

What I never understand is why not a single interviewer has asked them about the dogs, you know, when they're insisting 'THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT MADELEINE HAS BEEN HARMED' yadda yadda
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 24 Oct - 17:54

Well to quote Auntie Phildo "dogs can't talk"

To quote me... Well done!! Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 873702
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Sat 24 Oct - 19:08

Even not top-trained crime-scene-dogs can help to solve crimes/missing person cases.
Again and again and again.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 24 Oct - 19:50

fred wrote:Well to quote Auntie Phildo "dogs can't talk"

To quote me... Well done!! Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 873702

Of course dogs can bloody talk, and cats too; it's just not everybody that can understand them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sat 24 Oct - 23:49

Dogs are extremely good at tracking down people, even when untrained, so it's no wonder that dogs trained to the standard of Eddie and Keela are so accurate. No one should ever dismiss the capabilities of dogs; they really are man's best friend (and I say that, even though I'm a cat person myself. Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 25346 )

In the Attracta Harron murder case, Eddie not only found the death scent on the murderer's burnt Lantra car, he also located the place Attracta had been buried near the river bank. And this is the dog the McCanns want us to think isn't the best in the business! From the statement from the prosecution in that case:

'On February 20, 2004, police employed the use of the Victim Recovery Unit dogs from England, which were highly trained to detect and alert handlers to the presence of human remains. A video without sound was shown in the court showing a Springer Spaniel dog (Eddie) examining two cars and a small van before being taken to the Lantra that had been driven by Hamilton and subsequently burned out, allegedly maliciously.

The video clearly showed the spaniel examining the other vehicles without reacting, and as soon as it entered the Lantra it began barking and refused to get out. Its search of the vehicle focused on the front passenger and rear seats.'

and

'He said highly trained dogs (including Eddie) were also employed on April 5, 2004 to search the property and the river, and it was through the dogs that the remains were found. He also said a rancid smell, that of rotting flesh, was also strong in the area where the grave had been dug and the area around the discovery had all the hallmarks of not being consistent with the terrain, as it had been disturbed.'

Eddie is a very, very clever dog, no doubt about that.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Sat 24 Oct - 23:56

Eddie is a peach and Keela also. How Eddie picked up the cadaver-scent in the air (in the garage) ... WOW! Formidable!
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Sun 25 Oct - 8:46

Then there is the case of murder victim Ermatati Rogers from North Wales. She disappeared, there was a Crimewatch appeal, new information was given, a search was undertaken using dogs and her body was found buried in a field in March 2009. Another victory for dogs!
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 25 Oct - 9:16

Mitchell and his kind are born to lie, lying comes naturally to them. They wouldn't know how to tell the truth to save their lives.

The dogs however having no visions of over inflated self importance will use their nose to search out the truth and, unlike Clarence don't have them stuck up their own rectal cavities all the time.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 25 Oct - 15:01

It is an extremely sad story, how it is possible that something like this could have happened and than loosing your child, unbearable, life is over, never be happy again, only tears, tears, tears.... how could it happen so quick and like disappeard from earth... where to look and than after a week of horror finding your flesh and blood nextdoor.....really undescribable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun 25 Oct - 15:50

How can a 2yo child lift up a 20kg lid on a manhole, climb in and also leave it open up to 12cms?
Estelle
Estelle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 26 Oct - 7:12

Dogs are great!
Here in Bavaria a dog (not a police-dog!) found a dead Baby near the "Isar"-river.

There has been cadaver dog in the McCanns rented apartment.
What about an investigation regarding the scent?

If it has not been dead Madeleine, whose corpse did smell?
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 26 Oct - 11:40

Estelle wrote:How can a 2yo child lift up a 20kg lid on a manhole, climb in and also leave it open up to 12cms?

As far as I understand it was lifted by itself by the stream of the water and people complained already because of it. They didnot repare the situation and even people who lived there moved because of the danger, when I understood well.
If I am wrong, please correct me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon 26 Oct - 12:10

I thought that would only happen if it was flooding. I just cannot see that there would have been enough water to lift up a manhole lid wide enough for a child to fall down and then put it back with an opening of up to 12 cms after she fell in.

Who or what lifted the lid and who or what put it nearly back again? The stream of water would not have done both surely.

IMO someone could have taken advantage of this local knowledge so that they could blame the water.

I will,be interested to read the council report. Has it come out yet?.
Estelle
Estelle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 3 Nov - 11:09

http://www.voxy.co.nz/national/aisling-report-police-and-coroner/5/29166

A report into the stormwater drain in which toddler Aisling Symes was found will be released to the Police and Coroner, the Waitakere City Council said today.

Since the Council announced it was preparing a report into the issue the Coroner has begun an inquiry into the death. The matter is therefore sub-judice and as such the Council cannot make any further statements on the matter.

The Coroner has requested that the report, which is being prepared with independent input, be furnished to him by 16 November, 2009. This report will also be given to the Police, at their request, to assist in their investigation.

Release of information contained within it is a matter for the Coroner and/or the Police.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 Empty Councillor still in dark over Aisling's drain death, nzherald, 15.11.09

Post  Lilemor Sun 15 Nov - 15:09

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10609474

Waitakere councillors still in dark over Aisling's drain death
By Wayne Thompson
4:00 AM Monday Nov 16, 2009
A month after the body of toddler Aisling Symes was found in a stormwater drain in Waitakere, city councillors are still waiting for information on how the tragedy occurred.
The child's body was recovered from the piped drain at a Henderson property on October 12 after a week-long search for her.
Waitakere Mayor Bob Harvey called for a report by senior council engineers over management of the drain after it was revealed that five complaints were made about it flooding, including safety concerns after a build-up of water blew its manhole cover off.
However, two days later the acting chief coroner Garry Evans opened an inquiry into the cause and circumstances of the 2-year-old child's drowning - only 200m from where she was last seen.
Mr Evans asked for the council to compile a full report on the drain as part of the investigation by police and coroner's officers.
The council report was to be provided this week for Mr Evans' inquiry into the reasons for the child's death.
Yesterday, a Herald survey of councillors revealed that the council's response to the coroner's request had resulted in an information blackout.
Eleven said they knew little about the problems concerning the drain in Longburn Rd, Henderson - apart from what they learned in a briefing about the handling of the five complaints.
"We have not had much detail and we were told not to talk to the media until the official report goes to the coroner and the issue is dealt with," said Councillor Brenda Brady.
However, Deputy Mayor Penny Hulse said a "jolly good look" had been taken at reported concerns about the drain's safety.
Council senior staff were working with an independent consultant to look at ways to improve safety and that information would benefit all urban local authorities, said Mrs Hulse.
Council public affairs director Wally Thomas said councillors were not being deliberately kept in the dark because the report had not been finished. "Councillors will be briefed on the report but its contents will be confidential because it may prejudice the outcome of the coroner's inquiry."
The family of Aisling Symes said they had no information on the council report.
By Wayne Thompson
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 19 Empty Report into drain where Aising Symes died, NZ City

Post  Lilemor Mon 16 Nov - 9:05

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=107444&fm=newsmain,nrhl

Report into drain where Aisling died
Waitakere City Council has given the Coroner a report into drain where Aisling Symes died, unclear if it will be made public

16 November 2009
The Waitakere City Council has today delivered a report to the Coroner on the drain in which two-year-old Aisling Symes drowned.

A council spokesman says the report covers the history of the drain, details complaints the council received about it and the action it took.

It is up to the Coroner as to when, or if, the report will be made public.

A date has yet to be set for an inquest into the death of the little girl whose unexplained disappearance last month sparked a huge search and police operation. Her body was found in the drain a week after she went missing.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 13 May - 22:46

Aisling's 'with the angels now'
By Rachel Tiffen 4:00 AM Saturday Oct 17, 2009 Facebook
Twitter
Email
Print

Aisling's sister Caitlin clings to a feather in her father's arms. Photo / Sarah IveyAs a final farewell to Aisling Symes, her parents released a dove into the air. As it fluttered away, the young mother watched, and watched, until its pure white plumes disappeared.

It was Angela Symes' goodbye to her baby girl. Lowering her gaze, she slowly turned, melting into her husband's arms.

Then sister Caitlin, 5, freed a wicker basket full of doves, smiling as they flew out. Her father's mouth turned up slightly as one swooped close to his head.

It was a celebration of a regrettably short life. After two years and four months, Aisling Celine Symes had only just begun living.

As hundreds of people packed into the Ranui Baptist Church - among a sea of balloons, flowers, teddy bears and paintings - Pastor Russell Watts tried to explain.

"She wasn't meant to go this early, it was just an accident," he said. "We so hoped and prayed this wouldn't happen for another 70 or 80 years."

In her short life, Aisling had touched many people. "For two years this loving, confident, fun, energetic little girl brought so much love and life to so many people," Pastor Watts said, his own eyes red and puffy.

CCID: 27452 | adwidth=300
Life was fragile, he said, but Aisling was playing with the angels now. Over seven long days, as police searched, the toddler stole the hearts of a nation.

Yesterday, family, friends and complete strangers packed in between the blue walls of the humble church in West Auckland.

Diesel worker Todd Parker arrived in his overalls, saying, "I just put a hat around at work."

Rows of police officers sat with their heads bowed, caps in laps, the women crying. Inquiry head Inspector Gary Davey's eyes were lowered, his shoulders bowed.

As the Symes family remembered their cheeky entertainer, her parents sat up a little straighter. Tales of her dramatic hide-and-seek "Boo!" made their shoulders shake with laugher.

And then came the ducks. Every day the animal-loving toddler would say, "Mummy, I love ducks", yet her father liked to shoot them.

"You would think it would upset a little 2-year-old girl, but instead she would say 'Shoot duck, bang bang bang' - her father's daughter, I think," her aunt Aithne Potts laughed.

Babies cried and toddlers burbled as Aisling's life was celebrated.

Sister Caitlin - in a pleated green dress, hair immaculately braided and clipped - cuddled into her daddy.

Close by, a framed picture of her sister - toothy grin in full swing - sat perched on the small white coffin.

Irish and New Zealand flags were draped over the top, one for each side of the family.

The "Pooh Pear" teddy, bought the day Aisling disappeared, sat on top.

She was gone, but not forgotten.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19