Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets Be Politically Correct..........

Go down

Lets Be Politically Correct.......... Empty Lets Be Politically Correct..........

Post  Lioned Sat 27 Feb - 22:02

Full Body Scanning will affect us all in future should we wish to travel by plane,many of us do when we go on holiday,and some of us travel on business and for family reasons,we all want to feel safe and i suspect we all are prepared to put up with some inconvenience in order to feel safe and secure.
However,now everyone flying to America is going to be body scanned!

Everyone!

The Government are not concerned about ‘Profiling’ people because they might infringe the Human Rights Act!

OK, so nobody’s above suspicion, but let’s have a re-cap on some past events.

These are actual events from history.

They really happened! Do you remember?

HERE'S THE TEST

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:
a. Superman?
b. Jay Leno?
c. Harry Potter?
d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40?

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
a. Olga Corbett?
b. Sitting Bull?
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger?
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40?

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians?
b. Elvis?
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women?

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger?
b. The King of Sweden ?
c. The Boy Scouts?

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy?
b. Pee Wee Herman?
c. Geraldo Rivera?

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old, American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs?
b. Davey Jones?
c. The Little Mermaid?

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd?
b. Charles Lindberg?
c. Mother Teresa?

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo?
b. The Tooth Fairy?
c. The Sundance Kid?

9. In 1993 the World Trade Centre was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons?
b Grandma Moses?
c. Michael Jordan?

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Roy Rogers?
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems?
c. The World Wrestling Federation?

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centres and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted by the courageous actions of the passengers and crashed .

Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd?
b. The Supreme Court of Florida ?
c. Mr Bean ?

12. Since 2002 the United States and other allied countries have been fighting a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron?
b. The Lutheran Church ?
c. The NFL?

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde ?
b. Captain Kangaroo?
c. Billy Graham?

So does anyone see a pattern emerging here to justify People Profiling ?

So, to ensure that the US and the UK never 'offend' anyone, particularly religious fanatics intent on killing everyone they don't agree with, airport security screeners will not be allowed to Profile certain people who might obviously fit the Profile.

According to the Human Rights Act, they must conduct random searches of 80 year old pensioners, little children, airline pilots with proper identification, Agents and Police employed to prevent terrorism and the elderly and the infirm with metal hip joints etc.

Anybody see anything wrong with this or am i being racist ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Lets Be Politically Correct.......... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lets Be Politically Correct.......... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Lets Be Politically Correct.......... Empty Re: Lets Be Politically Correct..........

Post  Guest Sun 28 Feb - 1:05

I dont know about racist Lioned, but I do object to body scanners. You are quite right in what you say though.

I dont like flying anyway (as Edds and David know!) and I'm all for safety measures if I have to, but for me, the only people I would like to see a body scan of me would be medically qualified. And as for children being scanned too, in my opinion its just wrong. What about our human rights?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Lets Be Politically Correct.......... Empty Re: Lets Be Politically Correct..........

Post  Guest Sun 28 Feb - 2:04

The problem with profiling is that your opponents will tend to change tactics as a consequence of action that you take. So If you decide that the elderly or disabled are unlikely to be a threat, terrorist groups will then target recruitment towards the elderly and disabled.

In the last major UK terrorist alert, liquid explosives where being carried by young children.

The most effective method is always to include an element of random chance. An over relience on profiling is actually quite dangerous, governments are appallingly bad when it comes to managing data, reliance on IT systems rather than intuition and common sense is never a good idea.

The other thing of course is that there's a tremendous amount of corruption in law enforcement, border control, airport security etc. Tons of heroin, cocaine, canabis etc are routinely shipped through our ports and airports each day, and its been going on for years. Hell the origin of a great deal of the herion that hits our streets is pakistan and afganistan, and if they can get 10 tonnes of heroin shipped by paying a 25K backhander to airport staff, then they can ship practically anything, or anybody, anywhere, anytime.

Airport security is nothing but theatre, its practically non existant. On the day of the liquid bomb threats I flew to Spain. Security where strip searching pilots, women where having lipsticks confiscated. I was allowed to board a plane carrying 14 hyperdermic syringes, and 28 vials of an unidentified liquid, noone said a word.

A few weeks later I was flying back to the UK from malysia with my two business partners. One had a pair of nail scissors confiscated, as scissors where named on his list as a forbidden items. The other, had purchased a ceremonial samari sword, about 4 feet long and razor sharp, and a TAZER GUN. He was allowed to carry these items onto the plane as hand luggage ! There's obviously no rational thought or common sense being applied in these types of decisions by the staff, if somethings on the list, its confiscated, if its not on the list, then its acceptable to take it onto a plane.

Perhaps if they just gave everone who boarded a plane a gun to defend themselves, terrorist attacks would possibly reduce.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down