Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl 6 abused by 23 other students

+3
pennylane
Claudia79
tanszi
7 posters

Go down

Girl 6 abused by 23 other students Empty Girl 6 abused by 23 other students

Post  Guest Thu 1 Apr - 17:05

Girl, Six, Sexually Abused By 23 Classmates

3:11pm UK, Thursday April 01, 2010
Adam Arnold, Sky News Online
A six-year-old girl was stripped and sexually abused by 23 classmates on a daily basis, it has emerged.

File picture: The girl has not been named, but her mother has spoken out
The unnamed child suffered the horrific ordeal at the hands of pupils the same age as her at her primary school in Wales for months.
Her mother has spoken of her shock and horror when her daughter confided in her.
She said: "She was telling me things that I think every mother dreads to hear from their daughter. It was horrendous what she'd gone through.
"Every day she was being stripped. Every day she was being sexually and physically abused and every day she cried out for help and nobody ever came."
She added: "I think that you cannot excuse that. How can you possibly say that that is okay and nobody is answerable for that?"
The bottom line is the family will never know what happened to their child.
Keith Towler, children's commissioner for Wales
The child has since been moved to a new school but her mother told the BBC she will be scarred for life by the abuse she suffered.
An official inquiry into the abuse accepted sexually harmful behaviour did take place - but it concluded no action could be taken against those responsible because they were too young.
The ages of the pupils made it near-impossible to gather proof of what had happened and all were under the age of criminality.
Keith Towler, children's commissioner for Wales, called the review "a shocking failure", adding: "The bottom line is the family will never know what happened to their child."
He also acknowledged the serious case review system was "failing some of the most vulnerable children".
The review was only launched by the unnamed local authority when the victim's mother took legal action.
The conclusions of the review have been published two years after the allegations were first made and a review of that inquiry process itself is now under way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Girl 6 abused by 23 other students Empty Re: Girl 6 abused by 23 other students

Post  Guest Thu 1 Apr - 17:27

Antoinette wrote:Girl, Six, Sexually Abused By 23 Classmates

A six-year-old girl was stripped and sexually abused by 23 classmates on a daily basis, it has emerged.

The unnamed child suffered the horrific ordeal at the hands of pupils the same age as her at her primary school in Wales for months.
Her mother has spoken of her shock and horror when her daughter confided in her.
She said: "She was telling me things that I think every mother dreads to hear from their daughter. It was horrendous what she'd gone through.
"Every day she was being stripped. Every day she was being sexually and physically abused and every day she cried out for help and nobody ever came."
She added: "I think that you cannot excuse that. How can you possibly say that that is okay and nobody is answerable for that?"
The child has since been moved to a new school but her mother told the BBC she will be scarred for life by the abuse she suffered.
An official inquiry into the abuse accepted sexually harmful behaviour did take place - but it concluded no action could be taken against those responsible because they were too young.
The ages of the pupils made it near-impossible to gather proof of what had happened and all were under the age of criminality.
Keith Towler, children's commissioner for Wales, called the review "a shocking failure", adding: "The bottom line is the family will never know what happened to their child."
He also acknowledged the serious case review system was "failing some of the most vulnerable children".
The review was only launched by the unnamed local authority when the victim's mother took legal action.
The conclusions of the review have been published two years after the allegations were first made and a review of that inquiry process itself is now under way.

Where the hell were the teachers when all this was going on?????

Something's not right with this story. Girl 6 abused by 23 other students 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 1 Apr - 17:31

Im really sorry this whole story is wrong wrong wrong. Its not that I dont believe it, how come no adult noticed what was going on, and why couldnt the children involved be spoken to and told that their behaviour is awful that it isnt legal, and if they were older they could go to jail for it. ETA its seems its taken two years for an investigation for the full details to come to light. Why cant those children involved be spoken to now.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Girl 6 abused by 23 other students Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Girl 6 abused by 23 other students Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 1 Apr - 17:40

The Famous Grouse wrote:
Antoinette wrote:Girl, Six, Sexually Abused By 23 Classmates

Where the hell were the teachers when all this was going on?????

Something's not right with this story. Girl 6 abused by 23 other students 303636

I really don't know how this could have gone on at a school. I have worked at various primary schools in the past couple of years. Amazingly, or not (!), as a supply teacher, I seem to get sent for just one day to so many places and find it's the day for the teacher I'm covering for to do playground duty! Anyway, from what I have seen, schools in my area always have at least two teachers on playground duty and the infants (years 1 and 2) are always in a separate playground to the older children. I really don't understand how twenty odd kids could be out of sight of the teachers on duty for long enough on a regular basis to assault that little girl. One or two kids out of sight for a few minutes, maybe, but not so many of them.

Something is definitely not right here.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Girl 6 abused by 23 other students Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Girl 6 abused by 23 other students Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 1 Apr - 17:53

What gets me is that the enquiry accepts that sexually harmful behaviour did take place but it concluded that they couldnt take any action because they were too young. No sorry they werent too young too inflict the abuse and sexually harmful behaviour, they should at least be educated that what they were doing was very wrong.

Its seems it was accepted that it all did happen and well thats that theyre too young. It took legal action by the mother for it to be investigated, what is this damn country coming to. Surely the parents of the children involved were told about their behaviour and what they had participated in?
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 1 Apr - 18:06

Is this even possible? Where were the adults? OMG!
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 1 Apr - 18:17

Are the 23 classmates both male and female, it doesn't seem to say anywhere?
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 1 Apr - 19:11

I could believe ONE child imitating what was happening to him/her onto another child but 23 children in the class that means THEY ARE ALL POSSIBLY BEING ABUSED.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  blackrose Fri 2 Apr - 5:47

I too find this whole story bizarre!
blackrose
blackrose
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 206
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Smudge Fri 2 Apr - 9:41

Very odd.
Smudge
Smudge
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 2 Apr - 9:56

The Famous Grouse wrote:Where the hell were the teachers when all this was going on?????

probably didn't want to break it lest they be accused of assault. Girl 6 abused by 23 other students 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 2 Apr - 10:22

Marky wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:Where the hell were the teachers when all this was going on?????

probably didn't want to break it lest they be accused of assault. Girl 6 abused by 23 other students 25346

That is possibly close to the truth. My daughter's partner teaches at a secondary school, where a few weeks ago the head teacher said that under no circumstances must staff make physical contact with students. If they did, he would not back them up. Daughter's partner asked the head teacher about a vicious fight that he and a colleague had broken up: wasn't that OK? The head teacher said no, it wasn't. I was the subject of an investigation when a student made a complaint about cutting his finger while hitting me on the head with a chair!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Aug - 1:21

BBC Newsnight - Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Hidden problem of children sexually abusing children

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8569219.stm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Aug - 1:22

From the other side of the pond (USA)

Boy, 6, Accused Of Molesting Fellow Students

First-Grader Said To Have Sexually Molested 10 Classmates

POSTED: 8:31 pm EDT March 31, 2010
UPDATED: 8:22 am EDT April 1, 2010

MIDDLETON, Massachusetts

Officials in this small, rural town said that a 6-year-old first-grade student molested students in his classroom while the teacher's back was turned.

"We've had sexually inappropriate behavior at the first-grade level between students," admitted Superintendent Bernard Creeden.

The boy, whose name was not released by police or school officials, is accused of sexually assaulting at least 10 male students in his class.

The young student, who is too young to face criminal charges in Massachusetts – even as a juvenile – was a student at the Fuller Meadow School. Creeden, in an e-mail to parents, said the “aggressor” has been removed from the classroom.

"He was pulling kids' pants down, threatening to beat them up if they said anything to any adult and touching them," said the parent of one of the alleged victims, who did not wish to be identified. "He was massaging my son, asking him to pull his pants down or he was going to beat him up."

At a raucous public meeting Tuesday, during which police had to calm the crowd, parents accused Principal Malvena Baxter of knowing about the abuse a month ago. The school said it became aware of the incidents a week-and-a-half ago and notified parents on Friday.

"A lot of parents that have first-graders are upset. They don't like that it was hush-hush," said parent Jeanie Gioioso.

Police believe the incidents may have started as physical bullying, progressed into sexual molestation and ended with the boy allegedly threatening his victims to keep quiet.

“We are continuing to reach out to parents and guardians to identify any additional children who may have experienced an incident of inappropriate physical contact of a sexual nature,” Creeden wrote in his e-mail.

Under Massachusetts law, no one under 7 years old can be charged with a crime. Some of the alleged victims' parents said that is not what they wanted in any case.

"I don't necessarily believe that any of the parents there have any interest in persecuting a 6-year-old. It's more the negligence of the school. They didn't deal with it and just put a lot of other kids in harm's way," said the father of one of the alleged victims.

Creeden said that the boy was given a 10-day suspension and was placed in an alternative education facility. He said the school will review its internal policies about communicating with parents.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/23019550/detail.html

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/middleton-boy-6-accused-of-abusing-students-20100401
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down