Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool

2 posters

Go down

Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool  Empty Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 19 Jul - 10:23

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100717/ap_on_re_us/us_twin_girls_drown_1

LYNNFIELD, Mass. – Authorities say twin toddler girls are dead after they drowned in the family swimming pool in Massachusetts.

Essex District Attorney spokeswoman Carrie Kimball Monahan said police were called to the home in Lynnfield, about 17 miles north of Boston, at about 10:20 a.m. Saturday after a report of "babies in the pool."

Monahan said firefighters gave CPR to 2-year-old Angelina and Veronica Andreottola before they were taken to Union Hospital in Lynn, where they were pronounced dead.

She said the girl's mother, Crystal Andreottola, was home at the time of the accident.

Monahan said the girls may have somehow opened a remote pool cover, but authorities were still investigating what happened.

She said no foul play was suspected and no charges would be brought.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool  Empty Re: Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool

Post  Smudge Mon 19 Jul - 11:20

Why the hell were 2 toddlers left unattended long enough to do this?
I know accidents happen but this sort of thing makes me mad.
Smudge
Smudge
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :
Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool  Empty Re: Twin toddlers drown in family swimming pool

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 19 Jul - 11:26

Smudge wrote:Why the hell were 2 toddlers left unattended long enough to do this?
I know accidents happen but this sort of thing makes me mad.

Me too. It takes at least a few minutes for toddlers to manage to get into the pool and another few minutes to drown.

My garden doesn't have a pond or any serious dangers, but it is not child-proof since it has no gates. So, when my grandson is out there I need to be able to see where he is. Bless his little cotton socks: the other day, I was at the bottom of the garden looking for a football and I heard his little voice calling, "Nanna Anna, I can't see you. I need to know that you are safe."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum