Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killer mum jailed for 33 years

Go down

Killer mum jailed for 33 years Empty Killer mum jailed for 33 years

Post  Guest Tue 17 Aug - 11:25

Killer mum jailed for 33 years

Published: 22 Sep 2009

A MOTHER who murdered her two teenage daughters in a frenzied knife attack has been told she will spend at least 33 years in prison for her horrific crimes.

Killer mum jailed for 33 years Rekha-Kumari-Baker__893978a

Rekha Kumari-Baker crept into the bedrooms of Davina, 16 and Jasmine, 13, and stabbed them with two kitchen knives as they slept at their home in Stretham, Cambridgeshire.

The 41-year-old waitress will not be considered for release by the Parole Board until 2040 when she will be 72, a judge has ruled.

Her ex-husband and father of the murdered girls today told of his "incalculable" loss as his former wife was sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court.

Businessman David Baker outlined his reaction to the killings in a victim impact statement read by a lawyer, saying "words were not sufficient" to express himself.

Haunted

It read: "Having them taken away from me in such a brutal way and by the woman who was their mother has had an incalculable effect.

"I am haunted by the horror of the events of that night and probably will remain so for a long time."

"Rekha Kumari always believed that her children were an extension of herself, existing to further her own life ambitions.

"For me, my love for them was different. I loved them as they were and watched them growing into two beautiful girls with a rich, full life ahead of them."

Mr Baker's statement told how he suffered from feelings of guilty and helplessness following the murder of his daughters on 13 June 2007.

"I suffered from strong feelings of guilt that I didn't see it coming, and helplessness that I have not been able to do anything about it," he said.

"She tore them from us all and life can't be the same for those who remain."

Yesterday a jury took 35 minutes to conclude that Kamari-Baker had not been suffering from an "abnormality of mind" and was therefore guilty of murder rather than manslaughter.

Sentencing the waitress, Mr Justice Bean imposed two mandatory life sentences and said Kumari-Barker should serve 33 years before being considered for parole.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2649598/Killer-mum-jailed-for-33-years.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down