Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

pink cat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pink cat

Post  kitti on Fri 24 Sep - 16:42

Pink cat found dumped in garden



The cat, named Pink by rescue staff, was seen being thrown into a garden
The RSPCA fears that a cat which was dyed pink and dumped is the victim of a "sick prank".

The animal charity is trying to trace the owner of the animal, which was thrown over a fence into a back garden in Swindon, Wiltshire.

The dye is not toxic but failed to budge with washing, and the vet caring for the cat - nicknamed Pink - said further washes could cause her a lot of stress with little result.

Veterinary surgeon Penny Gillespie, who is looking after Pink at Cheldene Veterinary Centre and Boarding Cattery in Aldbourne, Marlborough, said: "The person responsible has covered her thoroughly all over but avoided putting any around the animal's eyes and nose. Further washing would stress Pink and probably would not help to remove the colour so it will be case of waiting for it to grow out."

The resident who saw Pink being thrown into their back garden in Wesley Street, Swindon, at 10.30pm on Saturday did not see the person responsible but called the RSPCA.

The naturally white female cat, aged between one and two, is in good health and the fur pattern around her neck suggests she wore a collar until recently.

An RSPCA spokesman said it cannot rule out the possibility the cat is someone's missing pet which was dyed as "a sick prank".

Animal welfare officer Carl Hone, who is investigating for the charity, said: "When I got the call I thought perhaps it would be a cat with something natural on their coat or which had rubbed against wet paint but this poor creature has been dyed completely pink, except around her eyes and nose, so she looks like she has a white mask on.

"We are very keen to trace the person responsible for doing this to the cat and I would urge anyone with information, or who knows who she belongs to, to please call the RSPCA."

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the RSPCA cruelty and information line on 0300 1234 999.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  Guest on Fri 24 Sep - 17:00

Poor wee thing! I wonder if there's a number to phone up and offer it a home.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  malena stool on Sat 25 Sep - 14:09

It gets worse.........

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13364
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  Guest on Sat 25 Sep - 18:39



What a cutie

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  fred on Sun 26 Sep - 9:02

Some bloody idiots in this world!!!!

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 26 Sep - 9:35

We used to have a rather handsome white, Siamese cross cat: Siamese shape, intelligence and yowl and he was white with blue eyes. When my children were painting, the cat would occasionally, "accidentally," acquire streaks of colour, which fortunately, being poster paint, we just brushed off when it dried!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  Guest on Sun 26 Sep - 10:03

Why do they keep saying that "yobs" did it? That has been a professional job. They have used proper, non toxic dye, evenly applied, and avoiding the poor wee thing's eyes, nose and mouth. Probably under a general anasthaetic (which costs biggggg money, for a cat). IMHO somebody has paid handsomely for this dye job, probably to have the animal match their bedroom furnishings or something, and it's got so pissed off it's run away, or somebody's stolen it and dumped it.

Try googling "Pet Dyeing" and prepare to have your eyes opened, and not in a Good Way.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  Guest on Sun 26 Sep - 10:28

The Famous Grouse wrote:Why do they keep saying that "yobs" did it? That has been a professional job. They have used proper, non toxic dye, evenly applied, and avoiding the poor wee thing's eyes, nose and mouth. Probably under a general anasthaetic (which costs biggggg money, for a cat). IMHO somebody has paid handsomely for this dye job, probably to have the animal match their bedroom furnishings or something, and it's got so pissed off it's run away, or somebody's stolen it and dumped it.

Try googling "Pet Dyeing" and prepare to have your eyes opened, and not in a Good Way.

hard to disagree with you on this.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  wjk on Sun 26 Sep - 12:35

Marky wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:Why do they keep saying that "yobs" did it? That has been a professional job. They have used proper, non toxic dye, evenly applied, and avoiding the poor wee thing's eyes, nose and mouth. Probably under a general anasthaetic (which costs biggggg money, for a cat). IMHO somebody has paid handsomely for this dye job, probably to have the animal match their bedroom furnishings or something, and it's got so pissed off it's run away, or somebody's stolen it and dumped it.

Try googling "Pet Dyeing" and prepare to have your eyes opened, and not in a Good Way.

hard to disagree with you on this.
Yep, as soon as I saw it, I thought it was a professional job!
Definately not yobs!

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  malena stool on Sun 26 Sep - 15:13

Could it be someone who wants his/her cat to match his/her shirt/blouse? .......

Some professional person in the media perhaps?

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13364
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  kitti on Mon 27 Sep - 7:12

It states that it will take 18 months to grow out, surely if their that worried about the cat why not SHAVE him/her.


Wont the cat lick that pink fur, is it poisonous..

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 27 Sep - 7:26

kitti wrote:It states that it will take 18 months to grow out, surely if their that worried about the cat why not SHAVE him/her.


Wont the cat lick that pink fur, is it poisonous..

The report I read said it's not poisonous. So, I think it's possibly food colour.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  Guest on Mon 27 Sep - 13:23

kitti wrote:It states that it will take 18 months to grow out, surely if their that worried about the cat why not SHAVE him/her.


Wont the cat lick that pink fur, is it poisonous..

It's non toxic pet dye, Kitti, and you can get it on the internet for $21.99 a jar!



I am not going to post the link in case any silly people looking in are tempted to try it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  mumbles on Mon 27 Sep - 13:57

malena stool wrote: Could it be someone who wants his/her cat to match his/her shirt/blouse? .......

Some professional person in the media perhaps?


mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  kitti on Mon 27 Sep - 21:00

The owner has been found, i think.



Its a silly young women who has pink hair and wanted her cat to have the same...food colouring she says...

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  kitti on Mon 27 Sep - 21:02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amb3nRwUu1E

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  malena stool on Mon 27 Sep - 21:35

My God kitti there is certainly some sick people out there,animals bred and turned into disposable toys for arrogant spoilt little ba*****s. Who is worse, the breeders, vendors or the parents?

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13364
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  kitti on Mon 27 Sep - 22:17

I think some people will do ANYTHING to make money...

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: pink cat

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:14


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum