Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :(

Go down

Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :( Empty Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :(

Post  Guest Fri 17 Dec - 16:24

Must be a slow news day.

Stag party suspected after Everest advert memorabilia is stolen from Britain's highest pub

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:50 PM on 16th December 2010

* Comments (7)
* Add to My Stories

A memorable piece of TV history has been stolen from Britain's highest pub, its owner said today.

In the 1980s the Everest double glazing company demonstrated its product in an advert filmed at the Tan Hill Inn, near Richmond, North Yorkshire, when the late Ted Moult dropped a feather next to a window as a gale raged outside.

The feather was mounted next to a picture of Moult in a frame and was displayed on a wall of the pub, which stands 1,732ft above sea level.

Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :( Article-1339252-0C830046000005DC-377_468x312
Fit the best, fit Everest: The late Ted Moult famously dropped a feather protected from a crashing storm by double glazed windows

Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :( Article-1339252-0C82FD39000005DC-736_468x389
Fondly remembered: Former 'Brain of Britain' Ted Moult was the star of Everest window adverts in the 1980s

But the historic plumage has been stolen, with a stag party suspected to have taken the feather as a 'trophy'.

Owner Tracy Daley said: 'I am gutted. I would say 85 per cent of our new customers at some point mention the advert. It's a piece of TV history.

'People look at the picture and say: "I remember that".'

Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :( Article-1339252-00BC05C200000259-675_468x319
Stolen: The owners of the Tan Hill Inn, the highest pub in Great Britain, are appealing for the return of a stolen relic from a classic TV advert

She believed a stag party from the Leeds area which visited in the last few months may know about the feather's whereabouts, and she has offered a reward for its safe return.

'I would love to see it back,' she said.

Moult, a farmer-turned-radio and TV personality, was remembered for the adverts and his line: 'Fit the best, fit Everest.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339252/Stag-party-suspected-Everest-advert-memorabilia-stolen-Britains-highest-pub.html#ixzz18O2NrBGp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :( Empty Re: Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :(

Post  T4two Fri 17 Dec - 17:25

Hmmmmmmmm ... that pub is near to where I grew up. Last time I was in the area I heard that the owners were trying to sell it, but nobody was buying. Of course Ted Moult did the Everest adverts way before the present owners appeared on the scene, or Latium got their grubby hands on Everest. Cashing in on the dead seems to be par for the course wherever the latter turn up. Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :( 29204
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :( Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cheap Advert For Everest Double Glazing :( Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down