Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 17 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  Angelique Thu 30 Dec - 15:14

FSoares

Oh I agree - it was the proof that she was able to enter which made me wary afterwards. She presumably felt she had a right as the meter was within the apartment. I think in England this was the norm - I am not renting now so I can't say what the situation is now. I will check this out.

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 17 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 17 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 30 Dec - 15:21

Angelique wrote:FSoares

Oh I agree - it was the proof that she was able to enter which made me wary afterwards. She presumably felt she had a right as the meter was within the apartment. I think in England this was the norm - I am not renting now so I can't say what the situation is now. I will check this out.

Angelique

jo yeates - Page 17 306321 I think it is still the norm, Angelique
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 17 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 17 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Thu 30 Dec - 15:23

I was watching some repeats of Rising Damp recently - Rigsby just barges into their rooms without knocking half of the time. That programme makes me laugh.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Thu 30 Dec - 15:27

I'd be astonished if the landlord does turn out to be innocent. The crime scene suggests an unpremediated act by someone Jo knew (no signs of a break-in). The largest percentage of homocides are carried out by someone already known to the victim. It'd be very surprising if Jo's partner wasn't the first to be suspected, however horrible it is to have this suspicion over your head while you're grieving. The police would have wanted to rule him out (or in) as soon as possible, in order to move onto others known to Jo.

I was puzzled to read that Jo's body may have been laying in such a public place for several days, but the scenerio seems to suggest someone whose own actions have taken them by surprise, and have then carried on acting out of panic. I'd be surprised if there was a sexual motive behind it. To be honest, if you try something on with somebody, who reacts with disgust, and threatens to tell their boyfriend, the obvious response wouldn't be to murder them. However unpleasant it is to have unwanted sexual approaches by acquaintances, there can't be a women in the land who hasn't had it happen to them. Serious sexual assaults are a different matter, but the police haven't made any mention of his happening. Once Jo's killer had started to strangle her (in response to what, we don't know) he perhaps felt that he had no choice but to carry it through. The consequences of being found guilty of attempted murder are substantial. Fancying a young female and trying it on is almost compulsory for some jo yeates - Page 17 36898 .

As an aside, in the UK landlords aren't allowed to enter your home without your permission. Legally, they're supposed to make an appointment, or be invited in. if the landlord (or anyone else) is convicted, will it be of manslaughter, and obstructing justice, rather than murder? A murder conviction requires premeditation on the killer's part.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Thu 30 Dec - 15:28

Angelique

You know this may sound strange to you in that side of the corner, but it simply makes my blood boil, knowing someone who doesn't live in the house, feels the right to hold a key and enter at any moment they want with the excuse to check this or that, no matter if they're the landlords/landladies. To me, it's a complete out of order behaviour, very unacceptable, no matter the circumstances. If they want to check anything, they simply can go when the person who's paying the rent is there, to open them the door (if they want, of course).
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 30 Dec - 15:31

Loopdaloop wrote:
chrissie wrote:
Loopdaloop wrote:If you go onto Google street view and look at Canynge Road in Clifton, Bristol, for the landlord to arrive home and see anyone is very convenient I suppose as it is one of those big posh roads where you rarely see anyone! However, I imagine this is just another case of the police picking on the local eccentrics again.

Can you please define a posh road please? LOL Mine is is considered a conservation area but it's only parking on one side and rather narrow. I rarely see anyone as we work jo yeates - Page 17 25346

I'd define a posh road as having multiple big detached houses from the Edwardian or Victorian era with many big rooms which due to modern living have often been split into multiple flats due to the space that is afforded within them! Go on street view and have a look at the road! It's very nice. I'd happily live there, I imagine the house prices might take a tumbling now but I still wouldn't be able to afford it :)

I don't do street view as I consider it an invasion of privacy. Fair do's but I think some of the residents of Kensington and Chelsea may beg to differ jo yeates - Page 17 25346
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 30 Dec - 15:38

FSoares wrote:

Angelique

You know this may sound strange to you in that side of the corner, but it simply makes my blood boil, knowing someone who doesn't live in the house, feels the right to hold a key and enter at any moment they want with the excuse to check this or that, no matter if they're the landlords/landladies. To me, it's a complete out of order behaviour, very unacceptable, no matter the circumstances. If they want to check anything, they simply can go when the person who's paying the rent is there, to open them the door (if they want, of course).

I'm renting at the moment in the UK just having sold a property. Even though the landlord is a close friend, it's by appointment only according to the agreement. He wouldn't dream of just walking in.

Edit: He does have a key though
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Thu 30 Dec - 16:25

chrissie wrote:
FSoares wrote:

Angelique

I'm renting at the moment in the UK just having sold a property. Even though the landlord is a close friend, it's by appointment only according to the agreement. He wouldn't dream of just walking in.

Edit: He does have a key though

I'm not saying they don't enter your home without permission, just that it's illegal for them to do so. I've rented loads of properties in my time, and I would imagine every one of those landlords/ladies had a duplicate key. I once rented a flat that was in a block that had been put up for sale. My sister came home from work to find the estate agent using our 'phone. It was the only flat that had one, as I'd paid over £100 to have the landline put in, and he'd obviously been given keys to the flats. My sister, being a timid soul, had let him get away with it, but if I'd have been the one who caught him they'd have heard me in the next town. Even 25 years later I'm still fuming when I think about it jo yeates - Page 17 816281 . (Bear a grudge? Not me jo yeates - Page 17 980535 . ) People renting private property have few rights when it comes to treating rented property as a real home, due to short-term contracts being the norm, but they still have a right to privacy, even from the owner.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Thu 30 Dec - 16:31

That's terrible jejune! I'm really angry on your behalf jo yeates - Page 17 157799 I'm also annoyed at your sister for not tearing a strip of the cheeky sod jo yeates - Page 17 868596

Is it too late to track the individual estate agent down and make a complaint jo yeates - Page 17 645452
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Thu 30 Dec - 16:44

Wallflower wrote:That's terrible jejune! I'm really angry on your behalf jo yeates - Page 17 157799 I'm also annoyed at your sister for not tearing a strip of the cheeky sod jo yeates - Page 17 868596

Is it too late to track the individual estate agent down and making a complaint jo yeates - Page 17 645452

It happened in the 1980s jo yeates - Page 17 15327 , so yes, I think so. I said I bear a grudge jo yeates - Page 17 25346 . But I appreciate the sentiment, so thanks jo yeates - Page 17 306321 .
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 30 Dec - 17:05

Changes the locks immediately jo yeates - Page 17 25346 Really sorry to hear that. I guess my limited experience of renting is different.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Thu 30 Dec - 17:19

chrissie wrote:Changes the locks immediately jo yeates - Page 17 25346 Really sorry to hear that. I guess my limited experience of renting is different.

jo yeates - Page 17 294124
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Thu 30 Dec - 17:23

Getting back to Jo Yeate's landlord - the police seem to be letting out very little information now. I may be wrong, but this could be because they're reasonably sure of their suspect and don't want to jeopardise a court case. The fact hat the landlord mentioned seeing several people in the communal part of the flats would surely mean plenty of forensics to find? Perhaps this is where he dropped himself in it?
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 30 Dec - 18:16

sans_souci wrote:
buildersbum wrote:
Wallflower wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:But there was another high profile murder case, I forget which one offhand, where a suspect was arrested and later released without charge. Sorry, but this whole 'landlord' thing just does not sit right with me.

You may well be right Famous Grouse. Hopefully there is real reson to suspect people who are arrested - rather than a ridiculous hair cut. However, I'm really wondering just how helpful the whole rolling news thing is.

Not saying this is what the police are doing in this case but......
I remember a few years ago a case where the Police set up an arrest of an innocent guy, to make the culprit feel secure, the police then waited for the culprit to make his next move knowing he would......it worked!!!! im going to spend the rest of the day trying to remember when this case was.

Really? Under UK law if the poice actually did this, with knowledge that the individual they arrested was innocent, then the consequence would be charges of false arrest, false imprisonment and the end of the senior officers career.

Yes Sans the UK Police imo will do what they have to do if they think they will solve the crime, Im not saying they advertise the fact what thet are up too, why should they. NO POLICE OFFICER IS WHITER THAN WHITE.(reading your posts makes me think that you try to be!!!)

I remember the Norfolk (murdering 6 prostitues) Guy, Steve Smith, they set up an arrest with that too I only watched the programe last year, they put a prostitute in place also to draw him out. Did any officer lose their job? not that I know of!! but they court him, he is serving life now, with no parole.
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Thu 30 Dec - 18:42

A question: how many hours does Police have to keep him under interrogation in order to charge or to release him?
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 30 Dec - 18:49

I think I heard on a news programme that with extensions the police can hold people for a total of 96 hours and then must either release or charge them.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Thu 30 Dec - 18:53

MaryB wrote:I think I heard on a news programme that with extensions the police can hold people for a total of 96 hours and then must either release or charge them.

Thanks MaryB! Huumm, he has been under interrogation for a long time now, since 7am. I wonder if there's more to him - just rambling, of course.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Thu 30 Dec - 18:58

MaryB wrote:I think I heard on a news programme that with extensions the police can hold people for a total of 96 hours and then must either release or charge them.

jo yeates - Page 17 306321 MaryB , what you heard was correct .

The police should not detain you for more than 24 hours without charging you, unless an officer with the rank of superintendent (or above) or a magistrate gives permission.

A police officer with the rank of superintendent (or above) can authorise detention for a further 12 hours. Magistrates can authorise further detentions up to a maximum of 96 hours. Once charged, if you're still in detention, you should be brought before the magistrates the next day (but not on Christmas Day, Good Friday or any Sunday).

If you’re arrested as a suspected terrorist, different rules apply. A judge can authorise continued detention, in stages, for up to 28 days.

welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 30 Dec - 19:06

I knew it. Soon as l saw the comb over.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 30 Dec - 19:09

margaret wrote:I knew it. Soon as l saw the comb over.

Bobby Charlton will be pleased to read that jo yeates - Page 17 29204
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Thu 30 Dec - 19:16

to me he looks like a bit gary glitter..the eyebrows
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 19:43

T4two wrote:

Not so sure that Tony Bennett would agree though! jo yeates - Page 17 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 30 Dec - 19:53

The Famous Grouse wrote:
T4two wrote:

Not so sure that Tony Bennett would agree though! jo yeates - Page 17 294124

But that comb over comes from the back of his NECK!!! Probably even lower jo yeates - Page 17 477442

Joking aside, l can see from looking at him he's the sort of person who thinks he's clever than others
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 20:43

The Famous Grouse wrote:I suppose Denis Nilsson looked and acted "normal". He got away with his crimes for years. But if it really is the landlord, and I am not saying it is, are there other victims? It seems a bit reckless to do away with your own downstairs neighbour, then not try to do a runner.
^

Reckless, perhaps, but such acts are not always planned.. although carrying out this crime in the boyfriend's absence could show it was premeditated..It could also be that he's committed other crimes and got away with them and this has led to a kind of arrogance and feeling of invincibility.
He's certainly got the loner aspect to his personality with you associate with murderers..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 20:46

jeanie wrote:to me he looks like a bit gary glitter..the eyebrows
'

That was my first thought on seeing his photo last night.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next