Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal

4 posters

Go down

Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal Empty Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal

Post  Angelique Tue 11 Jan - 11:08

I think I may be more inclined to purchase this Book rather than the "other Book".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-12136758

Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal _5070210

Julian Assange is currently on bail in the UK facing extradition to Sweden

The first book by Wikileaks founder Julian Assange will be published by Edinburgh based Canongate Books.

The company promises the book will be a revelatory account of Assange's life and philosophy.

Julian Assange is currently on bail in the UK facing extradition to Sweden following allegations of sexual assault.

He came into prominence after publishing leaked US government documents on his website.

Assange said: "I hope this book will become one of the unifying documents of our generation.

"In this highly personal work, I explain our global struggle to force a new relationship between the people and their governments."

Under the deal, brokered by Caroline Michel at literary agents Peters, Fraser and Dunlop, the book will be published in the UK in April.

In North America, Alfred A. Knopf will publish it.

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal Empty Re: Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal

Post  fred Tue 11 Jan - 11:50

I'd like to read this book too, and yes like you I wouldn't touch the Mccanns with a barge pole.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal Empty Re: Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal

Post  buildersbum Tue 11 Jan - 13:56

Can't wait, imo it will be a very good seller unlike another book due out early May 2011
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 11 Jan - 14:48

I wouldn"t be at all surprised if the Americans ban it on the grounds of National Security since they accept freedom of speech but in this case the information was obtained illegally.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue 11 Jan - 15:02

I think it's going to be very busy publishing-wise during April and May so some Books may not get the attention they deserve.

However, I think Assange will be ok - I don't think he will include any cables!

Angelique

Last edited by Angelique on Tue 11 Jan - 15:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 11 Jan - 15:17

Angelique wrote:I think it's going to be very busy publishing-wise during April and May so some Books may not get the attention they deserve.

However, I think Assange will be ok - I don't think he will include any cables!

Angelique
Hi Angelique,
If he is not going to include any cables the McCanns will save a few bob on more Legal Fees which might come in handy if the Book does not bring in the
required millions they may need if Amaral wins the case and he and the Publisher and TV1 sue them for damages. Wikileaks' Julian Assange in Edinburgh publisher deal 294124

However, back to topic, the News Reports in America showed very angry American Citizens saying Assange should be shot, he is a traitor etc so I have a
bad feeling the U.S Government will demand to see the draft to ensure "National Security" will not be breached.

Last edited by Panda on Tue 11 Jan - 15:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum