Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympics and Paralympics 2012 (and now the legacy-part one)

+11
Smudge
Panda
Badboy
wjk
AnnaEsse
chrissie
kitti
jd16
malena stool
pooh
fred
15 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) Empty Olympics and Paralympics 2012 (and now the legacy-part one)

Post  Lioned Tue 15 Mar - 21:39

Got myself registered and now just to decide what i want to go and see,and what i can afford.

So at the moment i fancy the Athletics,Basketball,Boxing and Beachvolleyball (as its in Hourseguards parade and i could pop in and have tea with Queenie).

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/

Last edited by Lioned on Tue 11 Sep - 21:31; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Eta)
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) Empty Re: Olympics and Paralympics 2012 (and now the legacy-part one)

Post  Panda Wed 16 Mar - 7:35

Lioned wrote:Got myself registered and now just to decide what i want to go and see,and what i can afford.

So at the moment i fancy the Athletics,Basketball,Boxing and Beachvolleyball (as its in Hourseguards parade and i could pop in and have tea with Queenie).

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/

Hi Lioned, watched the report on Ticket allocation yesterday, it"s a bit of a Lottery and maybe you won"t get what you want and will have paid up front!!!!

I"ll watch it on the Telly, Swimming I think will win us a couple of Golds and maybe a couple of track events but can"t see us being in the top ten.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) Empty Re: Olympics and Paralympics 2012 (and now the legacy-part one)

Post  Badboy Wed 16 Mar - 10:20

THE COUNTDOWN CLOCK HAS HAD A FEW PROBLEMS
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 16 Mar - 10:27

[quowHYWhyte="Badboy"] THE COUNTDOWN CLOCK HAS HAD A FEW PROBLEMS[/quote]

Why am I not surprised Badboy. Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) 25346 It will be a miracle if everything is alright on the day.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 16 Mar - 13:14

ITS APPEArs that winning the olympics and suchlike doesn't benefit the local economy because people go to watch events there,not to eat out or see the sights, wheras your ordinary tourist tends to do more sightseeing etc
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 15 Apr - 18:00

You got till the 26th April to 'book' your tickets so i'll be thinking about it tonight and get my name down for the 'lottery' tomorrow.
Meanwhile for those who dont live near London you can rent a house in Greenwich for a couple of weeks for about £10k if your interested you can have my garage for a couple of grand.Or i'll pitch a few tents in the garden (subject to demand).
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 15 Apr - 18:20

Lioned wrote:You got till the 26th April to 'book' your tickets so i'll be thinking about it tonight and get my name down for the 'lottery' tomorrow.
Meanwhile for those who dont live near London you can rent a house in Greenwich for a couple of weeks for about £10k if your interested you can have my garage for a couple of grand.Or i'll pitch a few tents in the garden (subject to demand).

Good Luck with your "lottery" Lioned, I"ll be very surprised if you get what you want, in the meantime the Olympics Committee earn interest on your money and everyone else"s.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 16 Apr - 11:12

I'd be put off by some Mohammed nutter sat with a bomb in his sandwich box. But having said that, terrorism can happen almost anywhere now. Good luck with the lottery Lioned.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 26 Apr - 21:34

Last day for applications and its just taken me about 4 hours to get my account 'reactivated' cos i messed up something.

Anyway got my applications in now for various events and its cost me £xxxx squids and i wont even know till 24th June when they allocate tickets.

So you can buy tickets for the opening ceremony for £2012 or £20 So i put in for the £20 tickets so i guess for that i get to sit on Prince Phillips lap ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 27 Apr - 0:07

Good Luck Lioned, the response has been enormous, something like 6 million applied.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 27 Apr - 13:34

I don't see why I have to pay as I pay extra on my council tax and anyway....I wouldn't go if you gave me a ticket for FREE..

We only got it cos knowone else wanted it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 27 Apr - 23:26

I am really looking forward to seeing scantily clad women playing in the Queens front garden............

Most things are oversubscribed,but when people who have applied for loads of things realise they have to pay for them i would expect quite a few tickets to be floating about for 'resale'.

Opening ceremony is oversubscribed by about 10 to 1

Way i look at it i will be dead when England gets the Olympics again so i'd like to go to somethig,hopefully the athletics which i have applied for a couple of sessions.And if i get some of what i have asked for and can't go then the kids want to go but can't afford it so i'll let them have the tickets.

May try to get to some of the Paralympics later on as well.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 27 Apr - 23:44

Am I right in thinking it is October before you get to know if you have been successful.

My very first job was in Keith Prowse Record Dept in a big Store in Cardiff and the Empire games were being held
here in 1958 (giving my age away now Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) 294124 )

The Store were allocated some free Tickets and these were allocated at random. I got a ticket for the last day of the
Games when Herb Elliott, a famous runner, before your time I should think won and the Queen who was there announced that Charles would be Prince of Wales......Lioned, you had to be there to see it , those kind of days live with you forever.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 27 Apr - 23:58

Panda.You have to give your credit card details when you apply,as i did last night,you do not know if you are successful until around the middle of next month when money gets taken off your account,you still dont know at that point which tickets/events you have got until you are told which should be around the 24th June.

I have applied for six events/sessions hoping that i'll get a couple or three.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 28 Apr - 5:38

Lioned wrote:Panda.You have to give your credit card details when you apply,as i did last night,you do not know if you are successful until around the middle of next month when money gets taken off your account,you still dont know at that point which tickets/events you have got until you are told which should be around the 24th June.

I have applied for six events/sessions hoping that i'll get a couple or three.

Well I wish you luck and if it is true that 6 million have applied I hope it is done fairly and not the Organisers doing
"favours" if you know what I mean or multiple buyers hoping to sell at triple the face value later on.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 21 May - 22:43

Well i've been checking my bank account and no moneys been taken yet.The 100 mtrs mens final is oversubscribed by about 1 Million so i will be lucky to get that and the others i applied for are probably all the popular ones as well.Still time as its taking them about a month to sort it all out.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 May - 2:09

Well Lioned , hopefully, if you don"t get the main event, you will get get another event.It"s hard to believe the time is passing so quickly, when this
was first announced that Britain would host the Games it seemed such a long way off.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 27 Jul - 22:27

I forgot to tell you that i got nothing in the first 'ballot' which well pi**ed me off and then i got up at 6.30 am for the second ballot and guess what i got.

I am going to see some scantily clad women prancing around with a beach ball in the sand down Horseguards Parade.

With a bit of luck it will be the Brazilian 'A Team'

So it will be a morning of sweaty fun then lunch at the Palace and maybe afternoon tea at Arrods,followed by a nice little romantic stroll around Hyde Park.

Could be a good day out but i still gutted that i didnt get any Athletics as i really want to see the new Olympic Stadium before west ham wreck it. Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) 613255
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 28 Jul - 0:20

Lioned wrote:I forgot to tell you that i got nothing in the first 'ballot' which well pi**ed me off and then i got up at 6.30 am for the second ballot and guess what i got.

I am going to see some scantily clad women prancing around with a beach ball in the sand down Horseguards Parade.

So it will be a morning of sweaty fun then lunch at the Palace and maybe afternoon tea at Arrods,followed by a nice little romantic stroll around Hyde Park.

Could be a good day out but i still gutted that i didnt get any Athletics as i really want to see the new Olympic Stadium before west ham wreck it. Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) 613255

AWW Lioned, what a shame. I was reading an article about this a couple of weeks ago , it was a stitch up with the allocations and the people of
Britain should have had a bigger allocation. There are people from Poland who had no intention of going to the games selling their allocation for 10
times their face value already.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 28 Jul - 0:46

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16037883

lioned, this is worth a read, especially the comments.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 28 Jul - 8:58

Panda wrote:
Lioned wrote:I forgot to tell you that i got nothing in the first 'ballot' which well pi**ed me off and then i got up at 6.30 am for the second ballot and guess what i got.

AWW Lioned, what a shame. I was reading an article about this a couple of weeks ago , it was a stitch up with the allocations and the people of
Britain should have had a bigger allocation. There are people from Poland who had no intention of going to the games selling their allocation for 10
times their face value already.

Don't feel sorry for him, Panda, he'll be in his element watching scantily clad women prancing about! Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) 294124
Only joking, Lioned. Pity you didn't get the tickets you wanted, you have to apply from abroad to get them, so I've heard!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 28 Jul - 9:46

Morning wjk

Apparently the transpost system in London will not be able to cope with the massive inllux of visitors, if you have ever travelled on the London Underground system you will know what I mean. I think Lioned will be better off watching events on the telly.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) Empty yes

Post  pooh Thu 28 Jul - 9:55

Panda wrote:Morning wjk

Apparently the transpost system in London will not be able to cope with the massive inllux of visitors, if you have ever travelled on the London Underground system you will know what I mean. I think Lioned will be better off watching events on the telly.

Had the misfortune to have to have used the Northern Line in rush hour, though saying that their were some funny moments, had one of our back packer brigade on there once refused to take it off and was banging into everyone including me, so I got even, strapped the back pack to the hand rail by the door so when he tried to get off he couldnt, by the time he had undone himself the doors had closed, I was outside to wave him good bye. The look on his face priceless the rest of the passengers were laughing their heads off as well.

Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) 23324 Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) 23324 Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) 23324
pooh
pooh
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 173
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 28 Jul - 10:11

The only reason we got the Olympics is because KNOWONE else wanted it.

Why should I pay for a ticket when I am ALREADY paying in my monthly bills which go towards the NON police service and the NON fire service , I add that it is NOT their fault we haven't go these services or we have but in short supply due to cuts and not to mention but I will, my brand new hospital which was shut down earlier this year and if i was to have a heart attack TODAY....I would die waiting for an ambulance as my now hospital is an hour away, god help us....so NO I won't be buying a ticket and I wouldn't accept one if it were given to me FREE...will I watch it on TV.....I will if I'm not cleaning the toilet out with a scrubbing brush....

Let's get on the the building work now shall we......jobs for people living in or around the area.....bullshit.....90% off the building work is done by.....foreign workers , bought in especially to do this work.....

So I won't be going, I won't be watching, they can give me my free mars bar (that's how much they have said it costs all the people that are paying for this event)....and I will frame it!

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 28 Jul - 10:26

kitti wrote:The only reason we got the Olympics is because KNOWONE else wanted it.

Why should I pay for a ticket when I am ALREADY paying in my monthly bills which go towards the NON police service and the NON fire service , I add that it is NOT their fault we haven't go these services or we have but in short supply due to cuts and not to mention but I will, my brand new hospital which was shut down earlier this year and if i was to have a heart attack TODAY....I would die waiting for an ambulance as my now hospital is an hour away, god help us....so NO I won't be buying a ticket and I wouldn't accept one if it were given to me FREE...will I watch it on TV.....I will if I'm not cleaning the toilet out with a scrubbing brush....

Let's get on the the building work now shall we......jobs for people living in or around the area.....bullshit.....90% off the building work is done by.....foreign workers , bought in especially to do this work.....

So I won't be going, I won't be watching, they can give me my free mars bar (that's how much they have said it costs all the people that are paying for this event)....and I will frame it!

Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) 306321

The only Country to have made money from the Olympics is the U.S.A., Greece wrote off millions, China, although I thought the opening Ceremony
was awesome, could afford to lose money. The cost estimation was £4 billion, it"s gone up to £9 billion.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next