Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya)

Go down

MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) Empty MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya)

Post  Panda Thu 14 Apr - 7:39

Sky News Report from Libya

Man Utd v Chelsea (as seen in Libya) Share
Comments (34)
Share the post
Man Utd v Chelsea (as seen in Libya)

Delicious Newsvine Digg Facebook Google Bookmarks Live Mixx MySpace Reddit Stumble Upon Technorati Twitter Yahoo Bookmarks Yahoo MyWeb
Tim Marshall
April 13, 2011 10:24 AM

Recommend post (15)

In the Benghazi souk, souking up the pre-match tension, the talk was of war, revolution and the big game.

Shopkeepers shouted to us as we walked by, "Manchester good eh? 'Chelsea good", pointing at the replica shirts in their stalls.

Back in the hotel, similar shirts were to be seen on the backs of Libyan men gathering in the coffee bar to watch the game.

A fog of cigarette smoke made it difficult to see the giant TV screen on the bar wall so we retired upstairs in time for the kick-off.

The game was broadcast here by Al Jazeera Sports in Qatar.

Their studio was partially filled by the presence of Big Sam Allardyce.

Over in Manchester, the Tunisan commentator, Issam Al Shawali was brilliant.

He displayed an excellent knowledge of British history and the ability to speak at 100mph using a mixture of Arabic and English.

It went something like this..

First Half: 'Arabic arabic arabic, Old Trafford Stade Football! Arabic, goalkeeper, arabic, el semi final European, arabic, Sir Alex, Rrrrryan Giggs,Torres, Wayne Ronnie, arabic, Wayne Ronnie Golden Boy! Arabic,Everton, tackle, arabic, FOUL! Arabic, Englisi, arabic - EL RED CARD RAMIREZ! Arabic,INCREDIBLY LOUD ARABIC - GOAL GOAL GOAL! Hernandez! Arabic, Denis Law, Bobbby Charlton, Georgie Best,Teddy Sheringham, David Beckham, Herandez, Hernandez, Hernandez!

HT Break: Pepsi, Right Guard, Ford Taurus. Arabic chat, Big Sam Allardyce "No I don't agree, Arabic voiceover...should have cleared him out...Giggs on the ball" ...

Second Half: As above but now including - Drogba! Gooal!! Arabic Arabic ARABIC! ARABIC! ARABIC! JI-SUNG PARK GOAL GOAL GOOOOAAAL! Arabic Arabic. Liverpool, Arabic, Leeds United, Arabic, Hartlepool Monkey Hangers! (I made that one up) arabic, Sky Sports, arabic, El Englisi classico! Arabic, Winston Churchill, arabic, To Be Or Not To Be. Goodnight Manchester, Goodbye Chelsea. My name is not Martin Tyler.

Or words to that effect.

If those watching in Libya needed a break - Shawali did them proud.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) Empty Re: MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya)

Post  Guest Thu 14 Apr - 8:02

blimey, i got wore out just reading that. MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) Empty Re: MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya)

Post  Panda Thu 14 Apr - 8:19

Marky wrote:blimey, i got wore out just reading that. MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) 294124

Can you imagine the English Speaking Reporters watching the Match ? I bet they missed half the action because they were laughing so much. MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MAN UTD V CHELSEA (as seen in Libya) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down