Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footie Thread...................

+12
Panda
Claudia79
malena stool
Lillyofthevalley
chrissie
AnnaEsse
jd16
Fern
gillyspot
rammy2
halfamo
mara thon
16 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Empty Re: Footie Thread...................

Post  cherry1 Fri 26 Apr - 19:22

Footie Thread................... - Page 35 25346 I dont think that Millwall thugs should be allowed in the new stadium, they will only damage it! Footie Thread................... - Page 35 980535

Panda, I think Suarez should be banned from football, he has done this kind of thing before and a bad example to young
people.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Empty Re: Footie Thread...................

Post  Panda Sat 27 Apr - 13:14

cherry1 wrote: Footie Thread................... - Page 35 25346 I dont think that Millwall thugs should be allowed in the new stadium, they will only damage it! Footie Thread................... - Page 35 980535

Panda, I think Suarez should be banned from football, he has done this kind of thing before and a bad example to young
people.
Yes, and the cheeky B says he wouldn't mind moving to another club.......there are too many Prima Donnas in Football, could you imagine them playing Rugby.Footie Thread................... - Page 35 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 27 Apr - 13:15

We Want Dirty Knees Too: Sunderland Fans' Tribute To Boss Paolo Di
Canio

By Daniel Salisbury-Jones Location:
Sunderland

Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Playbutton

VIDEO: Fans recreate Di Canio's famous knee-slide
celebration

After a 3-0 win against Newcastle United and a 1-0 win over Everton Paolo Di Canio has fans on their knees in Sunderland

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 27 Apr - 16:20

Sunderland must have relished their win over rivals Newcastle Footie Thread................... - Page 35 294124
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 29 Apr - 7:55

1. Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur winger Gareth Bale named PFA Player of the Year and Young
Player of the Year

Gareth Bale was bursting with pride on Sunday night after becoming just the
third man to be crowned Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year
and Young Player of the Year in the same season.

Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Gareth_Bale_2548841b

Prize guy: Tottenham winger
Gareth Bale won an historic PFA awards double in London on Sunday
evening Photo:
PA

By Henry Winter and Ben
Rumsby

11:45PM BST 28 Apr 2013

Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Comments43 Comments

Tottenham star Bale was also
just the fifth player to land the senior award twice, reclaiming it from last
year’s winner, Robin van Persie, following a vote among his peers.

He saw off competition from Van Persie, as well as Michael Carrick, Luis
Suárez, Juan Mata and Eden Hazard.

Bale has taken his game to new heights this season, scoring 24 goals in 40
games for Spurs, almost single-handedly spearheading their bid to qualify for
the Champions League.

The 23-year-old, who also won the PFA prize in 2011, has become one of the
most sought-after players in world football and is now said to be worth around
£50 million.

Thanking his team-mates and manager Andre Villas-Boas, Bale said: “It’s a
massive honour. To be voted by your peers is one of the biggest things in the
game. It’s great to win it and I am delighted.

Related Articles

“When you look at the list, there are some massive names on it but I couldn’t
have done it without the team. They have been fantastic this year and so has the
manager.

“The other nominees have been unbelievable, they have been outstanding for
their clubs and it’s a massive moment to win, especially as it’s both awards and
it’s something that I’m extremely proud of.”

The Young Player of the Year prize saw Bale up against Hazard, the 2011
winner Jack Wilshere, Danny Welbeck, Romelu Lukaku and Christian Bentéké.

The only men previously to have won both awards in the same season were Andy
Gray in 1977 and Cristiano Ronaldo six years ago, while only Ronaldo, Mark
Hughes, Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry have claimed the senior prize twice.

Bale now has every chance of being the first player to win it three times but
he said: “The biggest thing is playing for your team and going well. If you do
well then these awards come along.

“I don’t think individual awards are something you strive for, it’s just a
bonus.”

Recalling his most memorable goals this season, he added: “There are a few.
The one against Norwich was one of my favourites, the West Ham one. Those two
are my favourites from this season.”

His record bears comparison with the likes of Van Persie — who scored 28 in
his debut season at Manchester United to help them regain the Premier League
title — and Suárez — who netted 30 for Liverpool prior to the 10-match biting
ban that has ended his season.

Bale singled out both players for praise, saying: “They have been outstanding
this season and it’s been a great season for everyone to watch.”

The six senior nominees also took their place in the Premier League Team of
the Year, along with David De Gea, Pablo Zabaleta, Rio Ferdinand, Jan Vertonghen
and Leighton Baines.

The inaugural Women’s Award went to Arsenal Ladies and Scotland midfielder
Kim Little, while the Merit award was given to former United youth-team coach
Eric Harrison for helping bring through the so-called 'Fergie Fledglings’ in the
1990s.

Premier League Team of the Year: David de Gea (Manchester
United), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur),
Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Leighton Baines (Everton), Michael Carrick
(Manchester United), Juan Mata (Chelsea), Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur), Luis
Suarez (Liverpool), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Robin van Persie (Manchester United).

Championship Team of the Year: Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester
City), Kieran Trippier (Burnley), Wes Morgan (Leicester City), Mark Hudson
(Cardiff City), Wayne Bridge (Brighton and Hove Albion), Wilfried Zaha (Crystal
Palace), Thomas Ince (Blackpool), Peter Whittingham (Cardiff City), Yannick
Bolasie (Crystal Palace), Glenn Murray (Crystal Palace), Matej Vydra (Watford).

League One Team of the Year: Wesley Foderingham (Swindon),
Simon Francis (Bournemouth), Robert Jones (Doncaster), Harry Maguire (Sheffield
United), Charlie Daniels (Bournemouth), Matthew Ritchie (Bournemouth), Luke
Murphy (Crewe), Alan Judge (Notts County), David Cotterill (Doncaster), Patrick
Madden (Yeovil), Leon Clarke (Coventry).

League Two Team of the Year: Stuart Nelson (Gillingham),
Sean Clohessy (Southend), Adam Barrett (Gillingham), Ryan Cresswell (Southend),
Joseph Martin (Gillingham), Jacques Maghoma (Burton), Marlon Pack (Cheltenham),
Gary Jones (Bradford), Jennison Myrie-Williams (Port Vale), Tom Pope (Port
Vale), Jamie Cureton (Exeter
=======================================
Let's hope he isn't tempted by offers Abroad or the top 4 Clubs in the Premier League.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 29 Apr - 8:03

Iv'e just been reading some of the comments, I remember seeing that spectacular goal but it seems he is noted for diving, shame.!

This is a funny comment.
sirmichael

52 minutes ago

Congratulations and how pleasant to see a footballer who has had a
shave,combed his hair into a sensible style and isn't covered in tattoos.

Why do they all want to look like they've just done 5 years in Pentonville
for drug dealing ?
and this one

Gareth Bale has had a fabulous season for Tottenham Hotspur ,
thank
goodness he did not clatter to the ground on the way up to receiving
his
trophies!

Footie Thread................... - Page 35 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 4 May - 18:50

Well that was a nerve racking afternoon for the Championship teams.

Millwall just about surviving for another season thanks only to other results going our way.

Palace set for a nasty looking showdown in the playoffs against Brighton.And somehow Leicester came back to life with an impressive win at Forest.

Just love the playoffs.

Looking like a tense time for Newcastle and Sunderland as Wigan seem to be doing their annual Houdini act.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 4 May - 21:01

Well my team Hull manage to get into the prem with a nerve wrecking 10 mins at the end,,,
but worth it, thanks to Leeds efforts Footie Thread................... - Page 35 873702
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 4 May - 21:34

Yes well done to Hull.They say its worth £100 million so lets hope they spend it wisely this time !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 5 May - 16:27

Well done to all teams that scraped into the playoffs and good luck to them all. With just a little extra luck to my own team Leicester, who threw away great performances early/mid season to struggle like amateurs and rely on coming good and other teams poor results to get another bite at the cherry at the last match.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 5 May - 17:22

Leicester are my favourites to win it now as they will rediscover their form after that win yesterday.If Chris Wood had stayed with Millwall i think we would have been up there.
Its been the strangest season i can remember with the distribution of points meaning just 3 or 4 wins being the difference between the play offs and relegation.
Peterborough who went down scored more goals than Hull who went up.Only Cardiff have been consistant and Bristol very poor.
All the others not much between them,Palace have been awful the second half of the season.Brighton play some very attractive football and deserve to go up probably but i think Leicester will now come on strong.

As for the prem league whoever comes down is at a ridiculous advantage with the 'parachute' payment giving them a £40 mill start.
Would be good to see Newcastle down the Den,that would be fiesty.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 5 May - 18:20

I'd like to see the City back in the top flight, but I have little confidence in them and wouldn't put any money on them... I've a sneaky feeling Watford will stuff them.. Here's hoping I'm wrong.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 5 May - 20:34

Lioned wrote:Yes well done to Hull.They say its worth £100 million so lets hope they spend it wisely this time !

Do hope so Lioned Footie Thread................... - Page 35 182123
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 5 May - 20:37

I think it's going to be Watford going up, sorry for Leicester fans but Watford imo were better then Hull.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 5 May - 20:42

Lillyofthevalley wrote:I think it's going to be Watford going up, sorry for Leicester fans but Watford imo were better then Hull.
I'm resigned to not having top flight teams here in Leicester, Lily... It's our own fault if we don't get there.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 5 May - 21:01

Don't worry malena it could happen I had decided last week Hull had missed they're chance and look they did it with the help of Leeds (of all teams Hull and Leeds hate each other) so don't give up hope.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 5 May - 21:30

malena stool wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:I think it's going to be Watford going up, sorry for Leicester fans but Watford imo were better then Hull.
I'm resigned to not having top flight teams here in Leicester, Lily... It's our own fault if we don't get there.

Watcord are a good team and Zola a good coach but i think they are running out of steam though probably unlucky with their first and second choice keepers both crocked out yesterday,the third choice young fella they had in goal yesterday was probably at fault for both goals.Think they have other injurys as well,and even Millwall managed to beat them a couple of weeks ago.

I hope Brentford get promotion as well,they missed a last minute penalty against Doncaster which cost them automatic promotion so now have to do it through the play offs.
Excellent stuff for Bournemouth as that will make a nice weekend away for me. Footie Thread................... - Page 35 25346
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 5 May - 22:36

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Don't worry malena it could happen I had decided last week Hull had missed they're chance and look they did it with the help of Leeds (of all teams Hull and Leeds hate each other) so don't give up hope.
We never say die Lilly, but if we do manage to get through the playoffs we'll need a shed full of money to strengthen the squad. We aren't ready for facing any of the teams in the top half of the premier league with the present squad.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 5 May - 22:42

Lioned wrote:
malena stool wrote:

Watcord are a good team and Zola a good coach but i think they are running out of steam though probably unlucky with their first and second choice keepers both crocked out yesterday,the third choice young fella they had in goal yesterday was probably at fault for both goals.Think they have other injurys as well,and even Millwall managed to beat them a couple of weeks ago.

I hope Brentford get promotion as well,they missed a last minute penalty against Doncaster which cost them automatic promotion so now have to do it through the play offs.
Excellent stuff for Bournemouth as that will make a nice weekend away for me. Footie Thread................... - Page 35 25346
We had a good weekend in Leicester really, City won, Tigers won and the King Power Stadium is hosting three matches in the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 7 May - 18:51

Millwall manager resigns !

It is with some sadness i must announce the resignation of Millwall manager Kenny Jackett.The longest serving manager in the championship clearly feeling he could do no more at the club having saved them from relegation (just about).
A funny season were we reached the FA Cup semi finals and a trip to Wembley and were only 4 wins off the playoffs ! But had to suffer the final day waiting for other results to ensure safety from relegation.
Just how much can you achieve at a football club that looses around £4 mill per year and has to survive on loan signings from other clubs.

He has been one of the most popular managers at Millwall which i can remember from my 50 years or so of following them and a shame some of the fans were just turning their frustration on him.

He is a very likeable and honest man who will do well at a club with better funds.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 7 May - 19:12

Lioned wrote:Millwall manager resigns !

It is with some sadness i must announce the resignation of Millwall manager Kenny Jackett.The longest serving manager in the championship clearly feeling he could do no more at the club having saved them from relegation (just about).
A funny season were we reached the FA Cup semi finals and a trip to Wembley and were only 4 wins off the playoffs ! But had to suffer the final day waiting for other results to ensure safety from relegation.
Just how much can you achieve at a football club that looses around £4 mill per year and has to survive on loan signings from other clubs.

He has been one of the most popular managers at Millwall which i can remember from my 50 years or so of following them and a shame some of the fans were just turning their frustration on him.

He is a very likeable and honest man who will do well at a club with better funds.

He seems he could be in line for the vacant job at Wolves, Lioned. Perhaps he's heard rumours and decided to beat Millwall management to the punch.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2320629/Kenny-Jackett-resigns-Millwall--joins-Wolves-shortlist.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 7 May - 20:31

I think Millwall's owner John Berylson would have honoured his contract and preferred Jackett to stay as Berylson is also a decent man i think.

But once the fans start getting restless and its clear you can only take a club as far as the money available will allow then thats probably time to go.

He would do a great job at Wolves,as he has a track record of success at that level.

I would like to see Martin O'Neil at Millwall as i think he's around somewhere ! I think they could take a cheaper option and possibly go for an ex Millwall player like Neil Harris.Think Dennis Wise is looking for a return to London as well.

As unpopular and difficult as Millwall may be there will be a long list of applicants.I may even throw my hat into the ring if they ask me nicely.... Footie Thread................... - Page 35 294124
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 7 May - 21:42

Lioned wrote:I think Millwall's owner John Berylson would have honoured his contract and preferred Jackett to stay as Berylson is also a decent man i think.

But once the fans start getting restless and its clear you can only take a club as far as the money available will allow then thats probably time to go.

He would do a great job at Wolves,as he has a track record of success at that level.

I would like to see Martin O'Neil at Millwall as i think he's around somewhere ! I think they could take a cheaper option and possibly go for an ex Millwall player like Neil Harris.Think Dennis Wise is looking for a return to London as well.

As unpopular and difficult as Millwall may be there will be a long list of applicants.I may even throw my hat into the ring if they ask me nicely.... Footie Thread................... - Page 35 294124
Why not apply Lioned? Footie Thread................... - Page 35 294124
O'Neil did wonders for Leicester during his 3 years here, he left if I remember right because of underfunding from the owners. I think I read that O'Neil said he wouldn't go to a club who had no funds for players after being sacked by Sunderland.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Empty Sir Alex Ferguson to retire this summer MU confirm

Post  Panda Wed 8 May - 9:49

Sir Alex Ferguson to retire this summer, Manchester United confirm

Last Updated: May 8, 2013 9:44am

Footie Thread................... - Page 35 Sir-alex-ferguson_2934461

Sky Bet

• Football Betting

Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

• Football Betting

• £10 Free Bet

Sky Bet are offering all new customers a £10 Free BetClaim your free bet now
  • Sir Alex Ferguson will retire at the end of the season, Manchester United have confirmed.
    Rumours about Ferguson's United future began to circulate at the club's golf day on Tuesday and were widely carried in Wednesday's newspapers.
    And at 9.15am United made the announcement on their website that English football's most successful manager will call time on a 26-and-a-half-year reign this summer.
    Ferguson's decision comes just days after he secured his 13th Premier League title, and he also delivered United two European Cups, five FA Cups, four League Cups and a European Cup Winners' Cup.
    He will stay on at old Trafford as a director and a club ambassador.
    In a statement, Ferguson said: "The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly. It is the right time.
    "It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so. The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one.
    "Our training facilities are amongst the finest in global sport and our home Old Trafford is rightfully regarded as one of the leading venues in the world.
    "Going forward, I am delighted to take on the roles of both Director and Ambassador for the club. With these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future.
    "I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential. My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career, providing a bedrock of both stability and encouragement. Words are not enough to express what this has meant to me.
    "As for my players and staff, past and present, I would like to thank them all for a staggering level of professional conduct and dedication that has helped to deliver so many memorable triumphs. Without their contribution the history of this great club would not be as rich.
    "In my early years, the backing of the board, and Sir Bobby Charlton in particular, gave me the confidence and time to build a football club, rather than just a football team.
    "Over the past decade, the Glazer family have provided me with the platform to manage Manchester United to the best of my ability and I have been extremely fortunate to have worked with a talented and trustworthy Chief Executive in David Gill. I am truly grateful to all of them.
    "To the fans, thank you. The support you have provided over the years has been truly humbling. It has been an honour and an enormous privilege to have had the opportunity to lead your club and I have treasured my time as manager of Manchester United."
    Panda
    Panda
    Platinum Poster
    Platinum Poster

Female
    Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 8 May - 9:57

He will be sadly missed and his farewell speech very generous for all the support he has received.
    Panda
    Panda
    Platinum Poster
    Platinum Poster

Female
    Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next