Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earthquake in S.E. Spain

+2
wjk
mumbles
6 posters

Go down

Earthquake in S.E. Spain Empty Earthquake in S.E. Spain

Post  Panda Wed 11 May - 20:37

An earthquake measuring 5 struck S.E. Spain today killing 5 people and damaging property , I think the area was Burca or something like that.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Earthquake in S.E. Spain Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Earthquake in S.E. Spain Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Earthquake in S.E. Spain Empty Re: Earthquake in S.E. Spain

Post  mumbles Wed 11 May - 20:39

Panda wrote:An earthquake measuring 5 struck S.E. Spain today killing 5 people and damaging property , I think the area was Burca or something like that.

It was Murcia.

http://www.euroweeklynews.com/2011051186963/news/spain/5-feared-dead-in-lorca-murcia-earthquake.html
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
Earthquake in S.E. Spain Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Earthquake in S.E. Spain Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 May - 20:45

mumbles wrote:
Panda wrote:An earthquake measuring 5 struck S.E. Spain today killing 5 people and damaging property , I think the area was Burca or something like that.

It was Murcia.

http://www.euroweeklynews.com/2011051186963/news/spain/5-feared-dead-in-lorca-murcia-earthquake.html

Thanks mumbles, the report was on CNN News just before the Piers Morgan show.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Wed 11 May - 21:48

i have just read that rome is deserted because of a prediction of an earthquake.
.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1385815/Rome-quake-rumours-Streets-1915-big-earthquake-prediction.html
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 11 May - 22:06

lorca,10 people killed,church tower collapsed
2,000 people can't return to homes
eathquake felt in madrid

Last edited by Badboy on Wed 11 May - 22:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more added)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Thu 12 May - 0:16

We are in Murcia, 134 km from Lorca but we felt nothing whatsoever here. So sad that people were killed but earthquakes are not uncommon in this region. We had quite a big one a few years ago, it sounded like a train going under the house and it was scary to feel off balance as it felt like standing in a bowl of jelly, but apart from a few boats getting bashed around in the harbour there was no damage and I believe that one registered at 6, if I remember right. Maybe because the majority of buildings around here are not as old as the ones in Lorca they withstand the quakes, but just over 100 years ago Torrevieja was completely flattened by an earthquake, I believe only two towers were left standing. There seem to have been so many earthquake catastrophies already this year, I hope there are no more.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 12 May - 3:24

With all these natural disasters, Earthquakes, Floods, Tornados, Tsunamis etc I often wonder if Mankind is responsible, drilling for Oil, Coal, etc. Apparently, yesterday the area around the Colosseum , was deserted because a prediction had been made that an Earthquake would happen there yesterday, it didn"t and the prediction was a hundred years ago.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 12 May - 13:26

the predicted earthquake oin rome was based on a urban myth,person who supposedly predicted rome earthquake didn't predict there would be a earthquake hitting rome on a particular day.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 12 May - 13:35

Badboy wrote:the predicted earthquake oin rome was based on a urban myth,person who supposedly predicted rome earthquake didn't predict there would be a earthquake hitting rome on a particular day.

Thanking about it, that would be impossible!!! Apparently there were two Quakes, one measuring 4 and the second soon after was 5.1
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down