Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the reality of child abuction jaycee Dugard, warning disturbing

+3
princess_leia
mara thon
margaret
7 posters

Go down

the  reality  of child abuction  jaycee  Dugard, warning disturbing  Empty the reality of child abuction jaycee Dugard, warning disturbing

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 11 Jul - 10:17

Schoolgirl kidnap victim reveals 18-year horror
AFP, The West Australian July 11, 2011, 7:03 am

A California woman kidnapped as a schoolgirl and repeatedly raped over 18 years in captivity described graphic details of her ordeal, in a first ever TV interview aired overnight.

Jaycee Dugard, who was 11 when she was seized and kept in a back yard compound by Phillip and Nancy Garrido in 1991, described how she gave birth to two daughters of her own -- and how that helped her survive.

Giving birth, alone in a backyard and aged 14, was the most painful experience of her life, she said, describing her thoughts about when she first saw her baby daughter.

"She was beautiful. I felt like I wasn't alone any more. (I) had somebody else who was mine ... and I know I could never let anything happen to her. I didn't know how I was going to do that, but I did," she told ABC news. Watch a preview of the interview above.

Phillip Garrido was given a prison sentence of 431 years in June, while his wife was jailed for 36 years to life, after the pair agreed a plea bargain over the crimes which shocked America and the world.

Dugard, whose book about her ordeal A Stolen Life is published this week, said the process of recounting her ordeal in full, harrowing detail has helped liberate her mentally.

"Why not look at it? You know, stare it down until it can't scare you any more," said the 31-year-old. "I didn't want there to be any more secrets ... I hadn't done anything wrong.

"It wasn't something I did that caused this to happen. And I feel that by putting it all out there, it's very freeing."

She describes the moment she was kidnapped, while walking to school from her home in South Lake Tahoe, California on June 10, 1991 as "like the most horrible moment of your life times ten."

Describing how she coped with the repeated rapes to which she was subjected, she said: "There's a switch that I had to shut off."

"I mean, I can't imagine being beaten to death, you know? And you can't imagine being kidnapped and raped, you know? So, it's just, you just do what you have to do to survive."

She recalled her rescue in August 2009 -- when Garrido took her and her two daughters with him to a parole meeting, and Dugard initially maintained the fiction that she was the Garridos' daughter.

But parole officers were suspicious, and she eventually confirmed her identity by writing down her real name -- an act she likened to re-igniting a flame which had been extinguished.
"The light came back ... it was very dark for so long ... but that light finally came back on," she said.

Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
the  reality  of child abuction  jaycee  Dugard, warning disturbing  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100the  reality  of child abuction  jaycee  Dugard, warning disturbing  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

the  reality  of child abuction  jaycee  Dugard, warning disturbing  Empty Re: the reality of child abuction jaycee Dugard, warning disturbing

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 11 Jul - 10:20

i dont think i will be able to read her book too harrowing that poor women:( imagine being 14 and giving birth to a baby in a backyard of whom the father was the man who kidnapped her ............. i have nothing but genuine compassion for jaycee
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
the  reality  of child abuction  jaycee  Dugard, warning disturbing  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100the  reality  of child abuction  jaycee  Dugard, warning disturbing  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

the  reality  of child abuction  jaycee  Dugard, warning disturbing  Empty Re: the reality of child abuction jaycee Dugard, warning disturbing

Post  margaret Mon 11 Jul - 10:27

Justiceforallkids wrote:i dont think i will be able to read her book too harrowing that poor women:( imagine being 14 and giving birth to a baby in a backyard of whom the father was the man who kidnapped her ............. i have nothing but genuine compassion for jaycee

I couldn't read anything like that either, poor girl. I hope the rest of her life is full of happiness and everything she wants.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 11 Jul - 10:32

margaret wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:i dont think i will be able to read her book too harrowing that poor women:( imagine being 14 and giving birth to a baby in a backyard of whom the father was the man who kidnapped her ............. i have nothing but genuine compassion for jaycee

I couldn't read anything like that either, poor girl. I hope the rest of her life is full of happiness and everything she wants.

this is why i dont understand why the pro mcanns think maddie IF she was abducted would come home leap into kate and gerrys arms and be who she was when she was 3 IF maddie WAS abucted and is alive if her ordeal half mirrored jaycees kidnapping who would want that fora 3 year old?
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 11 Jul - 10:33

I've just watched the full interview on abc channel. She is such a brave young woman, I don't think many people would survive what she has had to endure. Very moving interview but very inspiring too.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 11 Jul - 10:35

princess_leia wrote:I've just watched the full interview on abc channel. She is such a brave young woman, I don't think many people would survive what she has had to endure. Very moving interview but very inspiring too.

i agree she isa wonderful brave young lady but i think the support of her parents has been good for her too the whole family has had to be rebuilt i cant imagine being how j old aycee was when she had her daughters as much as she loves her now teenage daughters they are a forever reminder of her trauma
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Mon 11 Jul - 13:01

A very brave young woman indeed. How difficult it must be for her daughters too knowing that they are in this world because their mother was raped, the impact on them must be immense, their father an evil wicked man, an abductor and rapist, their mother the victim and they the product of these terrible deeds. I can't even begin to imagine the impact this must have on them all.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 11 Jul - 13:14

mara thon wrote:A very brave young woman indeed. How difficult it must be for her daughters too knowing that they are in this world because their mother was raped, the impact on them must be immense, their father an evil wicked man, an abductor and rapist, their mother the victim and they the product of these terrible deeds. I can't even begin to imagine the impact this must have on them all.

By all accounts they are doing pretty well considering.

Jaycee seems like a very strong, loving mother, I am sure with her love, her mothers and her sisters love they will all triumph over what happened to them, I don't think it's going to be a breeze, but they look like they are doing fine. They will have access to the best help they can get. The family were awarded a huge sum of money - $20 million. It will never take away what happened but they can look forward to a comfortable life. Jaycee is also using some of the money to set up something which will help others in similar situations, in order to help the family members not just the victim directly involved. So, money well spent and it will help her heal I think.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 11 Jul - 13:52

She was handcuffed when she gave birth at 14.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Mon 11 Jul - 14:12

She is on the cover of People. I will buy her book to support her and her kids. What an ordeal.

The father was and is schizophrenic. that would be the excuse I would give the kids becuse according to her in People he did love the kids and never hurt them. She gave up trying to get away or thinking of it after she had her daughter because she thought "who would want me now?"

That is the most horrible thing - that he made her doubt that her mother would take her back. She also wanted to keep her kids in the back yard where they would be safe because he convinced her that the world is full of pedophiles and kidnappers and she wanted to protect them from that.

God only knows what Madeleine would have been told or would think about the world, the idea that a child taken by pedophiles would still be alive is so slim but if she was alive at age 8 she would be nothing like she was at 3. Or like any other normal 8 year old. I don't think I've ever met someone who had been in this situation but there is a big big difference between the ccoping skills of an 11 year old and a 3 year old. I don't think a 3 YO would have the skills to make it and still be whole psychologically.

I think Jaycee Duggard had a very unique kind of personality, strong, and able to survive pschologically where a lot of people can't - it is how she is still alive when most are killed because they scream or run or always are trying to escape - if he thought she would do that he would have killed her. The first thing he made her do was take a shower with him then he put her into this shed handcuffed. If she wanted any food, comfort etc she had to turn to him. Very manipulative and horrible person, he told her that he was keeping her there so he wouldn't have to hurt anyone else.

I can't even imagine what this would be like for her now, but she says - get this - she would not undo it if she could because it gave her her daughters, the most precious thing in the world to her. Now THERE is a mother. She would endure that nightmare all over again for her children.

I can't imagine that they thought it was normal to live in the back yard and not go to school - they HAD tv. They knew how other people live. And they want to go to school now and are enrolled in school. Apparently she home schooled them quite well with curricula she downloaded online. Letting them go to school was tough for her because she has issues about their safety but "I couldn't say that to them" so she let them go.

What an amazing person. She is living with her mother and daughters and they are all in therapy to reconstitute a family wherein the bad evil monster is a father these two girls love. I hope they have inherited their mom's toughness and ability to compartmentalize because what a way to lose your father - he's in prison and you now find out you are the product of rape and the guy is insane. Wow.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

the  reality  of child abuction  jaycee  Dugard, warning disturbing  Empty quite

Post  tigger Mon 11 Jul - 16:10

Justiceforallkids wrote:
margaret wrote:

this is why i dont understand why the pro mcanns think maddie IF she was abducted would come home leap into kate and gerrys arms and be who she was when she was 3 IF maddie WAS abucted and is alive if her ordeal half mirrored jaycees kidnapping who would want that fora 3 year old?

this is why I don't understand how K could keep saying that she hoped whoever had 'taken' her was treating her well. I still think a real arranged abduction went wrong and had to be corrected by the McC's.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 11 Jul - 16:18

i wonder if the mcanns will buy jaycees book to give money for her daughters i doubt it!!!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down