Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings

Go down

Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings Empty Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings

Post  Susan Mon 10 Nov - 18:03

A never-before seen photograph of Marilyn Monroe standing in stockings and suspenders, and being dressed by her costume designer is to go on show.

Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings Monroe_suspenders_1111177f

William Travilla - who preferred to be called simply Travilla - became famous for his outfits that helped Monroe achieve global stardom.

They included the white dress worn by the world's best known blonde in The Seven Year Itch and the pink satin dress she wore in Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend.

Now Travilla's collection is being shown on board the HMS President 1918, a floating conference and exhibition centre on the Victoria Embankment, before it is returned to America.

It includes a never-before seen photograph of the designer dressing Monroe, which she signed: "Hey Billy, Thank you for all the many wonderful things you made me. Love, Marilyn X X."

Travilla dressed Monroe in eight of her films. He helped dress some 270 actors and actresses in total, including Paul Newman, Errol Flynn, Joan Crawford, Lauren Bacall, Sidney Poitier and Judy Garland.

He was also a key hand in setting the sartorial tone of the series, Dallas. He died in 1990, aged 70, after a career spanning half a century.

'Travilla: The Man That Dressed Marilyn Monroe' opens on 13 November and runs until 10 December.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/3417523/Marilyn-Monroe-in-suspenders-and-stockings-photograph-seen-for-first-time.html
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings Empty Re: Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings

Post  Guest Mon 10 Nov - 18:56

Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 944533

Nice!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings Empty Re: Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings

Post  Guest Mon 10 Nov - 20:42

It looks like shes already dressed. Whats he doing? Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 10 Nov - 21:28

I'd give anything to swap places with him... Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 541778
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 10 Nov - 21:30

petefergie wrote:I'd give anything to swap places with him... Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 541778

Shes dead pete. Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 10 Nov - 21:50

StGerald wrote:
petefergie wrote:I'd give anything to swap places with him... Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 541778

Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 23324 Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 10 Nov - 21:52

StGerald wrote:

:risas:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 11 Nov - 14:16

I could put some life in her... be sure Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 11 Nov - 14:21

petefergie wrote:I could put some life in her... be sure Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 23324

Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings 23324 You're a nutcase :Hug1:
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Marilyn Monroe in suspenders and stockings Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum