Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup.

5 posters

Go down

What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. Empty What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup.

Post  Panda Sat 15 Oct - 11:22

For any Rugby Fans who watched the Match , the drama couldn"t be greater.. Captain Sam Warburton sent off for a dangerous tackle,
4 conversions missed and losing the Match by 1 point.!!! Yet 14 Players will long be remembered for their tenacity , strength and I was in tears
at the end. What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 389741

This Team have won the respect of Rugby Fans around the World and are a young Team so roll on the Six Nations.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. Empty Re: What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup.

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 15 Oct - 11:26

Thats a shame Panda, I dont do Rugby but it would have been great for them to have been in the final, it sounds like they deserved to be in it What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 83453
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. Empty Re: What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup.

Post  Rail Sat 15 Oct - 11:36

So sad for Wales :-(
Rail
Rail

Female
Number of posts : 38
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Oct - 11:47

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Thats a shame Panda, I dont do Rugby but it would have been great for them to have been in the final, it sounds like they deserved to be in it What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 83453

Hi lilyofthevalley,

I don"t do rugby either, can"t tell a maul from a ruck, but there is the pride that a young team played their hearts out with 14 men and the cruel way that if one of those penalties had gone over the bar, Wales would have won. Ah well, roll on the Six Nations.!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Oct - 11:53

Rail wrote:So sad for Wales :-(

Thanks Rail, I was swearing at James Hook for missing 3 penalties. What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 294124 Some of the Team were in tears as they left the Field. But this is a
young Team and I"m sure the Press will give them the praise they deserve.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 15 Oct - 22:53

The worse thing is they were beaten by the frogs ! I managed to watch the last 20 mins or so and couldnt believe Wales missed the last conversion and then that 'penalty' from half way went just under.
France are really not that good but somehow managed to up their game and having a man short didnt help.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Oct - 23:02

Lioned wrote:The worse thing is they were beaten by the frogs ! I managed to watch the last 20 mins or so and couldnt believe Wales missed the last conversion and then that 'penalty' from half way went just under.
France are really not that good but somehow managed to up their game and having a man short didnt help.

lioned, Sam Warburton the Welsh Captain getting sent off after 18 minutes for a dangerous tackle was the most damaging. That left 14 men who played
magnificently, but James Hook missed 3 Penalties and another Player one, so how cruel is that.?????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 15 Oct - 23:09

That was very cruel Panda and i was rooting tooting for them !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Oct - 23:24

Lioned wrote:That was very cruel Panda and i was rooting tooting for them !

Apparently, everyone in the stadium who wasn"t French was cheering Wales on and they are a young Team so I"m sure they will win the 6 Nations. What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 15 Oct - 23:45

I just hope the French dont win now.So I'll be chearing for the Aussie or NZ,will be watching that in the morning.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 16 Oct - 12:26

I don"t think the French have a hope in Hell Lioned, Iv"e never seen so much blood in a Rugby Match as that seen in the Australia v Newzealand match,it really is a savage game. What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 25346

Wales
captain Sam Warburton has been handed a three-week ban for his
dangerous tackle on France winger Vincent Clerc on Saturday.

Irish referee Alain Rolland acted immediately to red card
Warburton after the flanker lifted and dumped Clerc in the 18th minute
of the semi-final at Eden Park.

And independent judicial officer, Christopher Quinlan QC (England),
determined Rolland's actions to be appropriate in law and the action in
line with IRB directives which states that such tackles "must be dealt
with severely by referees and those involved in the off-field
disciplinary process".

However Quinlan did take into account that "there were no aggravating
features and there were compelling on-field and/or off-field mitigating
features" to hand out a reduced sentence - with the offence having an
entry point of six weeks.

With France going on to win 9-8 and reach the final, Warburton will
now miss Friday's third-placed play-off and be free to play again on
November 7.

WRU chief executive Roger Lewis said: "We are disappointed with the
decision to suspend Wales captain Sam Warburton from the game for three
weeks, following his red card dismissal in the Rugby World Cup
semi-final against France in Auckland.

"The WRU respects the process which has been followed and understands the disciplinary procedures in place.

"Our focus in now totally upon the, forthcoming, third place play-off
international, which will be played at Eden Park in Auckland on Friday.

"The WRU further wishes to state its unequivocal support for Sam
Warburton as a role model and exemplary captain who has led Wales to
formidable success in the competition so far."

Warburton added: "I am naturally disappointed with the outcome, but
now my job is to focus entirely on supporting the boys in their
preparations for Friday's match."

Your Comments (2)post a comment

huw says October 16, 2011 10:43am

So Mr Quinlan feels that the avtions of referee Rolland were correct in
law. That will be the half french referee Rolland I presume.
Reply1

nzstatto says October 16, 2011 10:30am

Having watched many of the games the referee was harsh in this
decision. Earlier on in the competition there were several tackles where
players were lifted and forced down and the penalty was at most a
yellow. Didn't see anything about the judicial decision after those
tackles. Harsh decision showing the inconsistency of referees which has
led to a final that potentially won't be a show case presenteing the
best of Rugby.
Reply1

deeps says October 16, 2011 10:21am

What a shameful day for the IRB. Closing ranks and supporting a ref
that totally lost the plot.. This further ban is a clear indication
that the IRB is not an organisation that is fit for purpose. Where
were they when Mealamu and Umunga spear tackled O'Driscol and broke his
collar bone......disgraceful.
Reply3

brin says October 16, 2011 10:09am

cant wait until he refs another Wales very biased performance he should be sacked
Reply1

brin says October 16, 2011 10:06am

ref has spoiled such a great occasion most hated man in Wales
Reply2

the+legend says October 16, 2011 9:54am

typical..... they back the referee!!! this is YOUR fault irb it is not
the 1st time in this world cup u have left a ref in a horrible place. it
was always gonna be said that rolland had an added interest if
something like this happened as was it with nigel owens in the samoa
south africa game!!! the only country who could get something out of
that game other than the 2 countries involved was wales and u go and
appoint a welsh ref!!!!!! france v wales and u appoint a man with a
french father.... INCREDIBLE!!!! u r asking for all the wrong headlines,
the man at the top of world rugby has to be sacked, my missis could
even work this out!
Reply1

stanjim says October 16, 2011 9:23am

This is a prime example of the the RFU defending themselves against
their appalling decision to appoint Rolland as the referee in the first
place. An Irishman with a French background, how can this be right?
Reply2

lay
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 16 Oct - 13:15

Well, having watched this mornings match, the French don't stand a chance! What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 25346
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 16 Oct - 13:25

wjk wrote:Well, having watched this mornings match, the French don't stand a chance! What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 25346

Hi wjk,

I watched it as well and Rugby Players are certainly brave.......blood spattered faces to prove it. What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 294124

How the Hell the Ref sees what"s going on under all the bodies is a mystery. Shame Warburton has a 3 match ban , the verdict still disputed
in the above Article.Admittedly it was dangerous, the French Guy could have broken his back but a yellow card seems to be the preferred
punishment and Warburton will not be able to redeem himself by trying to get 3rd Place for his Country.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 16 Oct - 15:36

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:Well, having watched this mornings match, the French don't stand a chance! What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 25346

Hi wjk,

I watched it as well and Rugby Players are certainly brave.......blood spattered faces to prove it. What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 294124

How the Hell the Ref sees what"s going on under all the bodies is a mystery. Shame Warburton has a 3 match ban , the verdict still disputed
in the above Article.Admittedly it was dangerous, the French Guy could have broken his back but a yellow card seems to be the preferred
punishment and Warburton will not be able to redeem himself by trying to get 3rd Place for his Country.
hi Panda,
Yes, it looked dangerous but I don't have a clue about rugby really, only watch when its the world cup & then only if its one of the home teams. Except this morn as I wanted to see the Aussies beat!! Wales should be a great team by the next world cup, when they've got more experience (so the guy on the tele said, anyway What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 294124 )
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 16 Oct - 15:50

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi wjk,

hi Panda,
Yes, it looked dangerous but I don't have a clue about rugby really, only watch when its the world cup & then only if its one of the home teams. Except this morn as I wanted to see the Aussies beat!! Wales should be a great team by the next world cup, when they've got more experience (so the guy on the tele said, anyway What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 294124 )

I watch International Rugby, but havn"t a clue what the positions are, maul, ruck, etc are alien to me.Yes, Wales were dominant in the 70"s
but England and Ireland came to the fore. Now, however, this is a young team and I"m sure they will win the Six Nations......In fact I think
I"ll put a bet on them tomorrow.!!!!

Every Year I sell Daffodils for Marie Curie and love the International Days in Town, the only drawback is the Weather, it"s usually very cold.!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 16 Oct - 18:07

Ooh, yes, get your money on them now What a choker.....Wales out of the World Cup. 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down