Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confusion is good? Gerryspeak..

+3
Angelique
the slave
marxman
7 posters

Go down

Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. Empty Confusion is good? Gerryspeak..

Post  marxman Mon 31 Oct - 10:44

Stumbled upon this interview of Gerry, (hadn't seen it before,) thought it
very revealing of the inner-workings and mindset of Gerry.
http://video.stv.tv/bc/news-Gerrry_McCann_brings_Madeleine_campaign_-20070824-gerry-mccann-brings-madeleine-campaign-to-scotland/?redirect=no

Please delete if it has surfaced before.

marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. Empty Re: Confusion is good? Gerryspeak..

Post  the slave Mon 31 Oct - 12:11

Yeah I saw it a while back and left a comment. I just watched it again and I swear Gezza suddenly realises what he's said re; the confusion. He goes a bit blinky and swallowy and looks like he's got a dry mouth.
He realises just how crass what he said was.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :
Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Mon 31 Oct - 12:56

marxman

Thank you for posting this link.

the slave

I have not seen this video before. I agree he slips up with his "crass" confusion is good".

He also admits that they engaged the media to "have an effect on the outcome" and then qualifies it by saying "potentially could have an effect". Yes - but what outcome was he really referring to. IMO by the blinking going on he realises he's making mistakes all through this interview. He affirms he never asked for publicity. No - his made sure his relatives spread the word.

He actually states his intention to make some sort of career connected to child welfare - beggars belief - couldn't even look after his own properly to the point of losing Madeleine.

Goes on a lot about secrecy - what secrecy!

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 31 Oct - 21:27

yes its laughable if a young child wasnt missing, they (the McCs) will continue to champion child welfare issues, well looking after your own would have been a good start. imo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. Empty What is the date?

Post  tigger Tue 1 Nov - 9:10

Angelique wrote:marxman

Thank you for posting this link.

the slave

I have not seen this video before. I agree he slips up with his "crass" confusion is good".

He also admits that they engaged the media to "have an effect on the outcome" and then qualifies it by saying "potentially could have an effect". Yes - but what outcome was he really referring to. IMO by the blinking going on he realises he's making mistakes all through this interview. He affirms he never asked for publicity. No - his made sure his relatives spread the word.

He actually states his intention to make some sort of career connected to child welfare - beggars belief - couldn't even look after his own properly to the point of losing Madeleine.

Goes on a lot about secrecy - what secrecy!

Yes, I love forensic language studies. Trips up a lot. But I can't work out the date, before September 07 I think?
The interviewer mentions May in past tense, so how early is our Ger working on his global ambassadorial career? June?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. Empty The date of the video

Post  Guest Tue 1 Nov - 10:00

Judging by the information in the link, the date was 24th August 2007.

This is one of the rare interviews that I can watch in its entirety as it doesn't feature Kate. There's something about her which makes me, a normally placid person, go ballistic.

I love the bit at the end too about the McCanns focusing on child welfare issues. How Gerry managed to keep a straight face I don't know, he certainly doesn't always.

Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Confusion is good? Gerryspeak.. Empty Tripe & Onions

Post  NoStone Tue 1 Nov - 11:16

A few things stand out here for me:-

Gerry says - 'We don't know who's taken Madeleine, we don't know what the motivation is and we don't know where Madeleine is.'

Why did he feel the need to say they don't know where she is?? - of course they don't bleeding well know where she is - if they did he wouldn't be stood there would he?? So why does he feel the need to say they don't know where she is?

Then there's this curious line..... 'Our opinion of what happened that night has not changed' Their OPINION of what happened!!! Their OPINION! Just looked up the definition of opinion:-

a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty

If you were being honest and ruthful and passionate about about things most people would be saying something like - we know what happened that night - not - 'our opionion has not changed'.

Says it all really doesn't it? - but then he goes on an eludes to hidden 'facts' -

'We know certain facts but unfortunately because of the criminal investigation we cannot divulge them (ok so you can stop there Gerry if you want - but no - you have to go on and embroider the point) I want to make it absolutely clear, the reasons why we are not divulging the information - we will not make it easier for the perpetrator to cover their tracks (so what is the reason Gerry? Because of the the police investigation or your choice not to????? )

I wonder what facts these are Gerry, what are the 'tracks'?? - are they in the PJ files??

He goes on:- 'the police have all the information and we have bared our sole to them and will continue to assist them but we have to keep silent' !

What a load of tripe with lashing of onions to make us all cry for them - poor down trodden celb's!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 1 Nov - 11:56

" taken, abused and killed her".......there"s that pedophile assertion again.

"we will be stepping back from the campaign".......when will you be doing that then Gerry, when there is no way of sqeezing and more money out of the
Fund.??
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down