Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The McCanns’ Motto Must Be: No PR Is Bad PR

Go down

The McCanns’ Motto Must Be: No PR Is Bad PR Empty The McCanns’ Motto Must Be: No PR Is Bad PR

Post  Annabel Sat 26 Nov - 18:48

http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2011/11/26/the-mccanns%E2%80%99-motto-must-be-no-pr-is-bad-pr/

The McCanns’ Motto Must Be: No PR Is Bad PR

November 26, 2011

R.F.Wilson writes from London: Kate and Gerry McCann are obviously getting terrible advice from their public relations team. Otherwise they would have stayed well away from the Leveson Inquiry into the conduct of the British press that was started on the back of the phone hacking scandal and other revelations about the way hacks gather information about celebs and people who get into the spotlight for some reason.

Let’s face it, the McCanns were asking for trouble, coming to talk about their ‘suffering’ at the hands of ‘intrusive newspapers’, even though they had become famous all thanks to these very same newspapers. But their motto obviously boils down to: no PR is bad PR. As long as we stay in the spotlight, they probably figure, we can still raise money to fund efforts to remind people that we are still searching for Madeleine.

The way things are going, this search might actually last till both McCanns expire, so to speak. Because let’s face it, this sort of celebrity life beats working in some surgery or hospital. (I always wondered whether the McCanns were actually any good as doctors. I mean, no one has yet stepped forward and said: ‘I know Kate and Gerry, they’re great medics.’)

Anyway, the McCanns managed to get into all the newspapers and on all the TV news bulletins, all thanks to their appearance at the Leveson inquiry that has turned into a celebrity circus. And I bet the couple have been told by their advisors that it went very well and they looked great, grief stricken and all, and made a valuable contribution to the debate about media ethics, while once again reminding everyone that the search for their missing daughter continues. And I wouldn’t be at all surprised that another appeal is in the making as you read this, on the strength of al that free publicity.

But here’s the deal folks: the whole thing will probably backfire on the McCanns. Because, let’s face it, a lot of people are actually sick and tired of hearing them complaining about their grief and demanding to be listened to and admired for their determination to press on. Because whatever they say, Kate and Gerry that is, most people would still recall that they had left their daughter alone on that fateful day in 2007 in Portugal in their holiday apartment, along with their other two small children. And whichever way you look at it, the conclusion that comes up is that the McCanns have no one but themselves to blame.

And another thing: although we can accept that Kate and Gerry did have a bit of a rough ride from the media for a while after the disappearance of their daughter, but let’s face it: they were behaving in a very odd way and, even more importantly, the Portuguese police considered them as the main suspects for a while. The cops in Portugal may be slow and ineffective, like the McCanns were always insisting, but they must have had their reasons for suspecting the couple.

Mind you, the Portuguese authorities, whom Kate and Gerry accuse of indifference, cold-heartedness, bias and many other things didn’t really make life hell for them by pressing charges against of child neglect. Because if they did, the couple may have still been prison in Portugal instead of campaigning all around the world. So the Portuguese authorities actually were very lenient and understanding with the McCanns. Just like the social services in Britain that would have taken their remaining two small children from them had they not achieved celebrity status.

Overexposure is a very bad thing. It makes you look arrogant, selfish and annoying. And the McCanns have overexposed themselves. Time to let go and stop harassing the long suffering public.

–End–
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
The McCanns’ Motto Must Be: No PR Is Bad PR Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The McCanns’ Motto Must Be: No PR Is Bad PR Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

The McCanns’ Motto Must Be: No PR Is Bad PR Empty Re: The McCanns’ Motto Must Be: No PR Is Bad PR

Post  Guest Sat 26 Nov - 18:59

A good article but I don't think the writer has done any research as to why so many people believe that the McCanns have a lot more to answer for than just child neglect. I feel that this would be my verdict too - sick to the back teeth of seeing them and wishing they would move on with their lives - if I had read only what the media chooses - or is allowed - to tell us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum