Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses.

4 posters

Go down

At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. Empty At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses.

Post  Panda Sat 3 Dec - 8:31

Exclusive: Lloyds To Claw Back Daniels Bonus At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. Chv_20_red

December 02, 2011 12:45 PM
- Written by

Mark Kleinman

The partly-state-owned Lloyds Banking Group is attempting to
withhold as much as half of the £1.45m bonus awarded this year to Eric
Daniels, its former chief executive, I can exclusively reveal.
Lawyers
acting for Lloyds’ remuneration committee are understood to have
informed Daniels and other senior executives last week of the bank’s
intention to ‘claw back’ parts of the bonuses announced in February this
year.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. Empty Re: At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses.

Post  Badboy Sat 3 Dec - 11:39

hallejulah,brothers and sisters!
ACTION ON BANKERS BONUSES AT LAST.
WHO WILL BE NEXT?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. Empty Re: At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses.

Post  Panda Sat 3 Dec - 13:43

Badboy wrote:hallejulah,brothers and sisters!
ACTION ON BANKERS BONUSES AT LAST.
WHO WILL BE NEXT?

Hi Badboy,

While I was on holiday in the U.S.of A, there was talk of the Americans demanding Bank Bonuses be cut in view of the current crisis. Six
major Banks were downgraded just before I left and Staff are being laid off in their hundreds.....whether any lessons will be learned remains
to be seen.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 3 Dec - 15:45

Considering millions in both the public and private sector have suffered massive financial loss because of this crisis I can't understand why ANY banker gets ANY bonus at all.

That money should be paid back to US the UK taxpayers. Just my rant & my opinion as it has cost my family and friends an awful lot GRRR!
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 3 Dec - 16:34

gillyspot wrote:Considering millions in both the public and private sector have suffered massive financial loss because of this crisis I can't understand why ANY banker gets ANY bonus at all.

That money should be paid back to US the UK taxpayers. Just my rant & my opinion as it has cost my family and friends an awful lot GRRR!

Hi gillyspot, I don"t know if you remember the Government bail-out of RBS to the tune of £7 billion, but the Chairman walked away with a Pension of £450,000 Pension!!!! People threw stones at his House and he decided to give some back, very generous of him I"m sure.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 3 Dec - 17:02

Panda you supposed to be on Holiday !!
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 3 Dec - 17:16

Lioned wrote:Panda you supposed to be on Holiday !!

Lioned, Iv"e BEEN, came back yesterday completely shattered after 18 hours travel and spent most of the day and night catnapping, woke this
morning thinking it was Friday.!!!! Had a great time decided to give up long haul flights but my Friends have bought a holiday home in Florida
and invited me to visit there next March when I can expect to lounge around by the Pool. At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. 294124

Lioned , if ever you or anyone here visits New York Nov/Dec, you must see the Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall, it really is great.
They give you 3D specs and tell you when to put them on. Santa riding in his Sleigh coming out of the screen was so realistic, I grabbed the
arm of the guy sitting next to me and ducked.!!!!!!! Lucky he had a good sense of humour.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 3 Dec - 17:31

Thought you said you was away for ten days.Surely thats not gone already !

Glad you had a good time.

I am completely off flights at the moment,but thinking about a nice Cruise.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 3 Dec - 17:33

Panda wrote:
gillyspot wrote:Considering millions in both the public and private sector have suffered massive financial loss because of this crisis I can't understand why ANY banker gets ANY bonus at all.

Hi gillyspot, I don"t know if you remember the Government bail-out of RBS to the tune of £7 billion, but the Chairman walked away with a Pension of £450,000 Pension!!!! People threw stones at his House and he decided to give some back, very generous of him I"m sure.

Of course I recall that. He had a superinjuction out to stop media calling him a "banker". My friends have had a rhyming slang insult for years by calling someone a "Barclays banker" - we should have said "rbs banker" as it fits.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 3 Dec - 23:51

THEY SHOULD GIVE ME THE BONUS,I WOULD ENGAGE IN SOME ECOMINIC STIMULATORY ACTIVITY LIKE I DID YESTERDAY,WENT INTO DEBENHAMS,HMV AND WATERSTONE(STILL HAVEN'T BROUGHT A NEW BOOKCASE)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 8 Dec - 7:14

Strange we should so recently have been discussing Godwin,there was a Documentary on T.V. about him a couple of nights ago. He
expanded RBS Business to America created a huge Empire and everyone thought he was God......until it all started to unravel with the
American Housing bubble burst.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. Empty Eurostar another way to enter the U.K., illegally.

Post  Panda Thu 8 Dec - 7:35

8 December 2011
Last updated at 02:41

UK border staff in arrest threat over 'Lille loophole'

At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. _55957762_b00zt3pw_640_360-1
By Simon Cox
BBC Radio 4's The Report

At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. _57186801_eurostar

Some 2,000 trains run from Brussels to St Pancras via Lille every year

Continue reading the main story Related Stories

British
border staff have faced threats of arrest by Belgian police for trying
to stop people exploiting a loophole allowing them to enter the UK
without passport checks, the BBC has learned.

Passengers can travel from Brussels to Lille without showing passports as Belgium and France are both within the Schengen area.

But they can then stay on the train to the UK as there are no further checks.

The Home Office confirmed it was working to tackle the "Lille loophole".

Leaked emails
The Schengen agreement allows passport-free travel between some European countries, but the UK is not a signatory.

No one checks whether passengers actually get off the train
at Lille and they could then continue on to London St Pancras, where
there are no UK passport controls, and illegally enter the country.

Radio 4's The Report has seen internal UK Border Agency (UKBA) correspondence highlighting the loophole, and the threats being made to staff trying to tackle it.

One UKBA officer describes an incident in April at a Brussels
station where he stopped two Iranians who he said "bore all the
hallmarks of Lille loopholers".

After they were questioned the Belgian police intervened.

Continue reading the main story The "Lille loophole"

At Last, something being done about excessive Bank Bonuses. _57186802_004170970-1

Thousands of people board the Eurostar in Brussels bound for
London St Pancras via Lille. Most are legitimate travellers, but a
loophole allows people to board with a ticket to Lille and get off in St
Pancras without passing through any passport controls

• The "Lille loophole" was first raised in 2001 during a commons debate about the Channel Tunnel
  • Passengers boarding a train in Brussels to London with a ticket
    to Lille would not need to show a passport or ID as both Belgium and
    France are in Schengen
  • UK Border Agency staff do not perform checks on board Eurostar trains
  • Checks are performed at the point of boarding. It helps cut
    queues on arrival, and is meant to prevent people getting to Britain
    before passing through checks. It was hoped this would reduce the number
    of asylum seekers
  • The government is in negotiations with Belgium to close the
    "Lille loophole" but it is not clear how or when this will be achieved

One officer shouted: "This has
got to stop. You are not in Britain now, you are in Schengen,. If they
make a complaint you will be arrested".

The BBC has seen other emails describing clashes this year between UK Border Agency staff and Belgian Federal police.

This led one officer to warn that many staff he had spoken to
were so scared of being arrested by the Belgian police that they "will
now turn a blind eye to potential Lille loopholers".

The issue has been discussed at the highest levels of the UK Border Agency and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

An email from a senior director to staff in May this year
stated that the British Ambassador to Belgium had "voiced UKBA concerns
on border controls for Lille passengers" to the Belgian immigration
minister.

The Home Office minister Damian Green confirmed that both he and the Home Secretary Theresa May are aware of the loophole.

"Any loophole in our border defences is a matter of concern," he told The Report.

"It's one of those things that the British government can't
solve on its own… that has to be solved in negotiations, and that's what
we're now doing."

He added: "There are strict British immigration controls in
place in France and Belgium and we have UK Border Agency officers based
at St Pancras to target those we believe are intent on entering Britain
illegally.

"We are currently working closely with our Belgian counterparts and Eurostar to resolve this as quickly as possible."

The government could not say when the loophole will be closed or how many people had exploited it.

The chairman of the Home Affairs select committee Keith Vaz told the BBC he was "astonished" by news of the loophole, and by the government's response to it.

"The minister is taking what appears to be a very casual approach to this very serious issue," he said.

He said he would question Jonathan Sedgwick, the acting chief
executive of the UK Border Agency, about the matter when he appears
before the select committee later.

"If a simple railway ticket can give you entry into the UK, this is a cause for real concern," he added.

The Report is on BBC Radio 4 on Thursday 8 December at 20:00 GMT. Listen to the full programme via the Radio 4 website or download the programme podcast.

More on This Story

Related Stories

F
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down