Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves.

3 posters

Go down

Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. Empty Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves.

Post  Panda Wed 7 Dec - 8:07

Tsunami that struck Japan in March resulted from merging waves

By the CNN Wire Staff
December 6, 2011 -- Updated 1029 GMT (1829 HKT)

Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. 111206085005-tsunami-waves-story-top
The earthquake and tsunami together killed 15,840 people, according to the most recent death toll.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Tsunami that struck Japan in March was the result of at least two waves that combined, scientists say
  • Undersea ridges and mountains channeled waves together to create more powerful tsunami
  • Satellite data allowed scientists to observe a "merging tsunami" for the first time

(CNN) -- The devastating wall of water that struck
Japan in March was the result of at least two waves that combined to
create a more powerful tsunami, U.S. scientists said Monday.

Ocean ridges and mountain ranges below the surface of the water
channeled the waves created by the 9.0 magnitude earthquake off the
coast of Japan, bringing them together far out at sea to form a "merging
tsunami," according to researchers from NASA and Ohio State University.

The earthquake and tsunami together killed 15,840 people, according
to the most recent death toll, and set off a nuclear crisis at the
Fukushima Daiichi plant.

Satellite data have enabled the researchers to come up with an
account of the formation of the tsunami and its destructive force.

"Nobody had definitively observed a merging tsunami until now," Y.
Tony Song, a research scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in
Pasadena, Calif., said in a statement.

Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. 110927010754-tennis-japan-wozniacki-sharapova-00000915-story-bodyStars show for Japan

The results of the research could help predict the risks from tsunamis in the future.

"We can use what we learned to make better forecasts of tsunami
danger in specific coastal regions anywhere in the world," said
Professor C.K. Shum of Ohio State University.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. Empty Re: Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves.

Post  Badboy Wed 7 Dec - 10:31

THERE IS GOING TO BE A PROGRAMME ON CH4 SHOWING PICTURES OF THE TSUNAMI.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. Empty Re: Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves.

Post  Angelique Tue 13 Dec - 17:59

Badboy

Do you know if it will be repeated - I missed it - drat!
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 13 Dec - 19:20

not as far as i know,unless it is repeated tomorrow(i think thats what i heard unless it was last wednesday,help,help!)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 Dec - 19:29

Badboy wrote:not as far as i know,unless it is repeated tomorrow(i think thats what i heard unless it was last wednesday,help,help!)

Hi Badboy, I wanted to watch it but forgot Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. 294124 Check out the armageddon Thread.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 13 Dec - 21:05

Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:not as far as i know,unless it is repeated tomorrow(i think thats what i heard unless it was last wednesday,help,help!)

Hi Badboy, I wanted to watch it but forgot Tsunami that struck Japan resulted from merging waves. 294124 Check out the armageddon Thread.
I HAVE CHECKED OUT THE ARMAGEDDON THREAD
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 29 Dec - 20:48

THERE IS A PROGRAMME ON MORE4/NO 14 ON MY TV AT 21.00/9PM ABOUT JAPAN'S TSUNAMI;HOW IT HAPPENED.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Dec - 21:38

Badboy wrote:THERE IS A PROGRAMME ON MORE4/NO 14 ON MY TV AT 21.00/9PM ABOUT JAPAN'S TSUNAMI;HOW IT HAPPENED.

Iv"e just switched over Badboy....thanks.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 30 Dec - 20:33

THERE ANOTHER PROGRAMME ON MORE4 AT 9PM CALLED JAPAN'S TSUNAMI;CAUGHT ON CAMERA.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 30 Dec - 20:50

Badboy wrote:THERE ANOTHER PROGRAMME ON MORE4 AT 9PM CALLED JAPAN'S TSUNAMI;CAUGHT ON CAMERA.

I watched the tail end of it last night and will watch tonight. The Japanese amazed us all with their stoicism and the Country is getting back on it"s feet
with little help from the rest of the World. The only help I remember was Save the Children to help entertain and clothe them when they were confined with their Parents and everyone else in cramped conditions. British Dog handlers also took their dogs to search for survivors, there must have been aid from other Countries but I don"t remember.

It appears the Company who owned the Reactors is to be sued.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down