Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate - Praying for the Abductors

+8
Lillyofthevalley
margaret
mara thon
kitti
matthew
malena stool
ann_chovey
NoStone
12 posters

Go down

Kate - Praying for the Abductors Empty Kate - Praying for the Abductors

Post  NoStone Fri 30 Dec - 21:53

Madeleine Mum Prays For Daughter's Abductors

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/15573394

Kate McCann says her faith has given her 'inner strength'

5:16am UK, Sunday March 14, 2010

Jo Couzens,Sky News Online

Kate McCann prays for the people who took her daughter Madeleine, she has revealed.
She also says her belief in God gave her an "inner strength" on the day Portuguese police made her a suspect or "arguido" in the little girl's disappearance.

Mrs McCann, 42, a Roman Catholic, used a Mother's Day interview to talk about how she has been helped by her faith since her daughter went missing in Portugal in May 2007.

She told Aled Jones, presenter of BBC Radio 2's Good Morning Sunday, that her prayers were "a little bit more directed" than they were before Madeleine vanished.

"I pray for lots of things now. Obviously I always pray for the family, obviously most of the prayers are centred on Madeleine," she said.

"But I pray for the people who have taken Madeleine, the people who know what's happened to Madeleine and the people around and related to the person who's taken Madeleine.

I guess Mother's Day is another reminder really that Madeleine is not here. I think motherhood is a real gift. Obviously I've got three children, and it's another reminder that one of my babies isn't with me.

"I pray for the police and the investigators, the people who are looking for her. And I pray for all the other children who are missing or have been exploited in some way."

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3, 2007 as her parents dined with friends nearby.

Mrs McCann recalled: "The day I was going in for my arguido interview was quite a strange day because I had been really low and feeling quite weak and fragile.

"Then suddenly I just felt really strong. I was angry, I was angry that people hadn't been looking for Madeleine.

"But also I just thought to myself, 'I know the truth and God knows the truth, and nothing else matters'. And I just felt really strong from there, I felt a real inner strength."

Mrs McCann, from Rothley, Leicestershire, told how she takes refuge in her local church while it is empty and speaks aloud about her burdens.

"These are the times when I go off to church, to be honest. I've got a key to the church - they've kindly given me one," she explained.

"Sometimes I'll go in - it's a bit of a sanctuary, a bit of a refuge. I'll go and I can speak out, because obviously there's no one there, just get it all off my chest, really."

Mrs McCann said she and her husband Gerry, 41, have been greatly supported by the positive attitude of their other two children, five-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.

"I think in years to come I'll be able to tell Sean and Amelie just how important they have been in our life and keeping us going, and getting us through it all," she said.

She said spending Mothering Sunday without Madeleine was hard, adding: "Every day, to be honest, is quite difficult.

"I guess Mother's Day is another reminder really that Madeleine is not here.

"I think motherhood is a real gift. Obviously I've got three children, and it's another reminder that one of my babies isn't with me."
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :
Kate - Praying for the Abductors Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate - Praying for the Abductors Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Kate - Praying for the Abductors Empty Re: Kate - Praying for the Abductors

Post  ann_chovey Fri 30 Dec - 22:04

"I think in years to come I'll be able to tell Sean and Amelie just how important they have been in our life and keeping us going, and getting us through it all," she said.

Sounds as if she knows more than we do.

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :
Kate - Praying for the Abductors Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate - Praying for the Abductors Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 30 Dec - 22:07

I feel sick.

And it isn't lunchtime's Mullled Vino.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 30 Dec - 22:26

I wonder if she ever prayed for God to help the Portuguese police find Madeleine.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 30 Dec - 22:31

Surely it have been better Kate if instead of writing such drivel, you'd have been there when Madeleine was crying out for you.... but then it was only like eating at the bottom of you garden and it was happy hour and it was your holiday as well.... Tell me now, just how do you sleep?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Fri 30 Dec - 22:59

Praying for ones self then Kate - Praying for the Abductors 29204

I dont pray but if i did i would also pray to the people responsible for Madeleines whereabouts to give that piece of the jigsaw thats needed...
actually half of the piece...Eddie gave the other half
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 31 Dec - 10:40

She doesn't need to pray for Madeleine , Shes got the whole world doing that after she asked them to 'pray for her, she's lufly'
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sat 31 Dec - 11:17

Very fond of "obviously" isn't she?
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sat 31 Dec - 13:14

Truth be told the only prayers said are for herself. I don't think God is listening though, he's overseen enough of this charade l think 2012 is going to be a bad year for the Mcs so keep praying Kate! Kate - Praying for the Abductors 302722 Kate - Praying for the Abductors 302722
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 31 Dec - 13:21

This imo is probably one of the ONLY TRUTHS in this sad case that Kate has ever spoken....

" I pray for the people who have taken Madeleine, the people who know what's happened to Madeleine and the people around and related to the person who's taken Madeleine.

Yes I bet you do Kate everyday especially the people around that are related to Maddy, yes 2012 is not going to be far from happy for the McCanns and also certain Tapas friends, due to further evidence to surface in 2012 starting in Feb with Sn Amaral, jimo.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sat 31 Dec - 13:48

Yeah, prays for the abductor as a good forgiving Catholic yet persecutes the policeman trying to find her daughter! Let 2012 be the year that brings justice at last for a 'lost' little girl. And also for a man who has almost lost everything. I think about this case every day and cannot imagine the torment suffered by Dr Amaral through no fault of his own.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 31 Dec - 15:03

jay2001 wrote:Yeah, prays for the abductor as a good forgiving Catholic yet persecutes the policeman trying to find her daughter! Let 2012 be the year that brings justice at last for a 'lost' little girl. And also for a man who has almost lost everything. I think about this case every day and cannot imagine the torment suffered by Dr Amaral through no fault of his own.

Ah yes! A good forgiving Catholic, who doesn't seem to have thought of asking God to help those people actually looking for her daughter, and who is vile about the woman upstairs, Mrs Fenn, who was just trying to be of assistance.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 31 Dec - 15:38

NoStone wrote:
She also says her belief in God gave her an "inner strength" on the day Portuguese police made her a suspect or "arguido" in the little girl's disappearance."

I thought her NON religious chant of "fxxing tosser" was what got her through that.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 1 Jan - 14:38

If prayers were sufficient to find Madeleine and bring her home, she would have been home in hours. The whole world was praying for Madeleine long before her mother asked for prayers. People are like that they just dont wait for instructions. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum