Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Mercury Wed 11 Jan

Go down

Leicester Mercury Wed 11 Jan Empty Leicester Mercury Wed 11 Jan

Post  malena stool Wed 11 Jan - 21:21

Just spotted this on Leicester Mercury website.
Mods.... if already posted please delete.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/got-wrong-McCanns-says-Sun/story-14379579-detail/story.html

We got it wrong on McCanns, says Sun .Tuesday, January 10, 2012 Leicester Mercury
The Sun's picture editor has given evidence to the Leveson Inquiry about the treatment of Madeleine McCann's family following the youngster's disappearance in Portugal.

Speaking at the inquiry into press standards yesterday, John Edwards described how the McCanns were treated in Portugal and after their return to the UK.

He told Lord Justice Leveson if a similar incident were to happen again, he would deal with it differently to give the family more space.

He said: "I think we have to limit the amount of photographers to maybe one photographer and one film crew to cover it for everybody," he said.

"If my wife went through that crowd, I wouldn't be happy, with children in the car, of course not, no. We got it spot on in Portugal in my view, but we may not have been so good when it came back to Leicestershire, no."

Madeleine went missing in Praia da Luz in May 2007. Kate and Gerry McCann gave evidence at the inquiry in November.

Mr McCann said: "When we got back to our home in Rothley there were tens of journalists – we live in a cul-de-sac – at the end of it, camped outside our house, cameras and helicopter crews following us."

At the time the Mercury took the decision not to have a reporter and photographer stationed in Rothley.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Leicester Mercury Wed 11 Jan Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Leicester Mercury Wed 11 Jan Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum