Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith

+4
pennylane
Wintabells
almostgothic
Annabel
8 posters

Go down

Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith Empty Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith

Post  Annabel Thu 12 Jan - 6:39

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith Empty Re: Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith

Post  almostgothic Thu 12 Jan - 11:53

Excellent piece by Blacksmith.

I agree with him about the judge - and the 'juries' in the court of public opinion - there's a huge percentage of the UK population (decent, well-meaning folk) which clings on to its societal and parental norms and presumptions and refuses to 'think the unthinkable'.
They do not wish to dive into the murky depths, perhaps for fear of being tainted themselves, or, more likely, that it will forever twist and warp the psychologically comfortable world they inhabit.
It would mean that the church clock would no longer stand at ten to three and there wouldn't be honey still for tea ... and heaven knows how it would affect the cricket ...

Think 'Ada Doom'.
Think 'woodshed'.

I've always maintained that if Middle England ever stumbled across the truth of the McCann story over breakfast, they'd be choking on their Jordan's Organic Muesli.
And have often wondered if the Heimlich Manoeuvre is practised regularly in first-aid classes throughout suburbia.

But this is what we're up against.
It's what we've always been up against.
And it's the McCanns' trump card - by a mile.

We'll just have to keep on drip, drip, dripping ...

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith Empty Re: Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith

Post  Guest Thu 12 Jan - 14:04

Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith 307691 Almostgothic

Apparently some of Harold Shipman's former patients (the ones who outlived him of course) don't think he did anything wrong either.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 13 Jan - 0:06

Completely agree with above posts. Didn't see the streaming of David Pilditch's appearance, but read the transcript and was shocked at how Levenson took as gospel GMcC's definition of 'arguido' rather than Pilditch's description of how it was defined to him by the Portuguese police themselves. And as for his comment about feeling sympathetic towards the McCanns.... well - totally unprofessional.

I noticed how an ex Big Brother contestant (a somewhat 'common' young woman from Liverpool) has jumped onto the 'help find Maddie' bandwagon on Twitter and wondered again if the reason the McC story has split the nation has got something to do with the indefinable Uk thing called 'class'. It feels to me like it has become 'posh' to believe the McC's and 'vulgar' to question their story. (The same snobbery applies to things like tv shows. It's 'vulgar' to watch the Jeremy Kyle show or X Factor and anyone who does, has to talk about it like it's some kind of guilty secret, like taking 3 sugars in tea/coffee).

But this isn't to say that only 'posh' people believe the McC's. My point is that some people may think that believing the McC's will make them 'be' posh.

Leveson, of course, is posh, so of course he believes them.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 13 Jan - 0:14

It's quite Funny though, I don't talk about it where I work at the school anymore.

I mentioned it awhile ago and two teachers said how sorry they were for the mccanns that their daughter was abducted yet when I talked to the dinner ladies they said that the mccanns were lying child neglecters and should be locked up.

And teachers are supposed to be intelligent but how can they be so stupid.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 13 Jan - 0:28

kitti wrote:It's quite Funny though, I don't talk about it where I work at the school anymore.

I mentioned it awhile ago and two teachers said how sorry they were for the mccanns that their daughter was abducted yet when I talked to the dinner ladies they said that the mccanns were lying child neglecters and should be locked up.

And teachers are supposed to be intelligent but how can they be so stupid.

Yes, this is what I'm wrestling with. How can anyone capable of thinking rationally and critically, possibly accept that Madeleine was abducted? Intelligence may have nothing to do with it, but there's something at the bottom of why some people seem wilfully resistant to facing the facts and I'm not sure I agree with Blacksmith's explanation. When I used to try to enlighten my (educated and intelligent) friends/family, they'd sort of smile at me indulgently, saying things like...'Ok, then. What's the evidence? tell us how you can know that the kid wasn't abducted?' and then argue as if they were personally affronted. OR, I'd be treated as if I was claiming the toothfairy was real.

I watch reality tv from time to time and am amazed at how gullible the public can be. Someone who is clearly playing to the cameras, or cynically manipulating those around them, can be seen by many viewers as being 'really nice and genuine' and I just can't begin to understand how they can't see what's in front of their noses. But, there again, the world does seem to be divided into two camps on many other issues, for example, those who seek out danger and excitement (bungee jumping and the like) and those who'd run a mile from such activities, or those who'd rather not know when they're going to die and those who'd value that information.

Maybe it's got something to do with existentialism, whatever that is.....
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 13 Jan - 7:20

It reminds me a bit off people who stop coronation street and eastender actors and have a go at them about the storyline and BELIEVE its true what they watch!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 13 Jan - 14:01

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Jan - 14:04

Love it Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 13 Jan - 14:15

Yep.... no matter how many layers!!! Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith 307691
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 13 Jan - 16:49

There's a nice women on Facebook who gets some good pictures lol
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jan - 17:21

4:10pm UK, Monday January 16, 2012

Mark White, sky home affairs correspondent

The editor of the Daily Mirror newspaper has admitted it is possible that
phone hacking had taken place at the paper.

Giving evidence to the Leveson inquiry into press and media ethics, Richard
Wallace said he was not aware of anyone at the Daily Mirror being involved in
intercepting voicemail messages, but under questioning he conceded it could have
happened without his knowledge.

Follow the latest updates from the inquiry in Sky News' live
blog:
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 16 Jan - 18:17

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith 307691 Almostgothic

Apparently some of Harold Shipman's former patients (the ones who outlived him of course) don't think he did anything wrong either.......

I don't live too far from Hyde and I know that when Harold Shipman was arrested and charged with those murders, there was an outcry from some of his patients who didn't believe he would do such a thing. As far as I am aware, once he was found guilty of those murders, his patients changed their minds. Especially when he was found to have forged wills and stolen jewellery from the patients he murdered.

Shipman gave the jewellery to his wife Primrose. She was so furious because she had to hand it over to the police, she took them to court to try to force them to hand it back to her. She quite rightly lost the case.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 17 Jan - 0:12

kathybelle wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Lord Justice Leveson ends the year/Blacksmith 307691 Almostgothic

I don't live too far from Hyde and I know that when Harold Shipman was arrested and charged with those murders, there was an outcry from some of his patients who didn't believe he would do such a thing. As far as I am aware, once he was found guilty of those murders, his patients changed their minds. Especially when he was found to have forged wills and stolen jewellery from the patients he murdered.

Shipman gave the jewellery to his wife Primrose. She was so furious because she had to hand it over to the police, she took them to court to try to force them to hand it back to her. She quite rightly lost the case.
HIS WIFE ALSO TOOK THE FURNATURE GIVEN TO THE SURGERY,ALSO WENTED TO BURY HIM IN A GRAVE,NOT SCATTERED HIS ASHES SO A GRAVE WOULDN'T BECOME A GATHERING PLACE FOR LIKE MINDED PEOPLE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum