Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much?

+5
cass
pennylane
frencheuropean
Angelique
Annabel
9 posters

Go down

Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much? Empty Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much?

Post  Annabel Sat 11 Feb - 9:43

http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2012/02/10/asking-how-come-some-people-dislike-the-mccanns-so-much/

Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much?

February 10, 2012

Ted Obvious writes from Praia da Luz: Why is it that some people seem to dislike Kate and Gerry McCann so much?

I mean, they’ve lost their daughter Madeleine, who’d vanished from their holiday apartment in May 2007, and have been looking for her since then. And though on that fateful night they left their three small kids, including Maddy, all alone while they were having dinner with their friends, it’s not like they flew to another town and were having fun without a care in the world. In fact, according to Kate, she and her husband checked on the children every 15 minutes or so. So you can’t really accuse the McCanns of child neglect in a classical sense, as in: ma and pa tell their kids to piss off to bed, go out, get plastered and dance the night away in a club.

So what we have here is a devastated couple who insist they have absolutely no idea how their daughter had disappeared refusing to believe that she’s dead. They don’t really come across as people who’d harm their children or sell them to traffickers, to pay off their mortgage or something. They’re not revolting looking as well and even their habit of holding hands every time they appeared in public after Madeleine’s disappearance couldn’t really be used against them to prove that they were a couple of nutters who were up to no good. OK, holding hands at every opportunity might seem a bit excessive, but it’s not a criminal offence and it’s most definitely not a reason to despise anyone for doing it.

So what would be the reason then for the McCanns to have become hate figures in the eyes of many? I suppose it’s probably the fact that they have left their kids alone that evening, even though they could have hired a nanny to look after them. But is it really enough to suspect them of foul play? No, it’s not.

Or could it be that some people are seriously angered by the fact that the McCanns have never actually acknowledged that they carried most of the blame for the disappearance of their daughter, having left her alone? But let me ask you this: are you actually going to tell me that couples with children going on holidays never leave their kids alone to have a bit of fun? I’d never believe that. I even suspect that some of the most vocal critics of the McCanns are probably guilty of committing the same sin.

And even the fact that the couple were at one point considered by the Portuguese police to be the prime suspects in the case doesn’t really make the McCanns guilty of anything, does it? Especially as the case was shelved in 2008 as ‘cold’, meaning that cops couldn’t find any evidence to pin the blame on anyone.

Some people are apparently annoyed by the McCanns raising large amounts of money to fund the search for their missing daughter. But is it really a proper reason to dislike them. They are not that wealthy to pay private investigators to look for evidence, so we might presume that it was their determination to get to the bottom of things that drove them to run charity appeals, one after another, and get their own spokesman.

I would even go as far as saying that the diary that Kate started the next day after her daughter had disappeared would not qualify for a reason to dislike her, even though it is a bit weird, especially her mentioning in it that her sex life suffered as a result of what happened to Madeleine. Not a point a grieved mother should be making. Still, all people have their strange ways of coping with grief so why should we judge them too harshly.

So what is it then that makes some folks dislike the McCanns? I guess it’s the way they come across as people who are actually convinced that the whole world owes them something for their loss. That must be the thing that really annoys people who say to themselves: look, you’re not the only parents who have lost a child. OK? So why this strange notion that somehow you two are special? Especially as you’ve asked for it yourselves.

Yep, that is what it’s probably all about. Case cracked.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much? Empty Re: Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much?

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 9:52

It was hard to get past the first bit that the McCanns have been looking for Madeleine ever since she disappeared!

However, if I didn't know of all the discrepancies and downright lies in their evidence and that of their friends, the police and forensic reports and observing the holes into which they continuously dig themselves, I think that I would have come to the same conclusion that I was sick to death of the McCanns simply because they continually demand special treatment.

It's obvious Mr Obvious that you haven't done your homework on the case!

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Sat 11 Feb - 9:53; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much? Empty Re: Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much?

Post  Angelique Sat 11 Feb - 9:52

Annabel

Thank you for this article.

I wonder what side of the fence this chap is?

Ask the dogs!
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sat 11 Feb - 9:56

one comment so far, but a good one:

.........................................................................................................................................................................

pete9 hours ago

I personally have many reasons for not liking the 'Team McCann'. The deniers and liars.

1 Their insistance that they had NOTHING to do with Their daughters dissapearance. ( would she have been" abducted" if her parents were home)?

2 Playing down their shamefull involvment in child neglect , passing it off casually as a UK cultural thing. ( We WERE ALL, as a nation branded, as child neglectors).

3 Their very strange behaviour, exceptionally strange behaviour, with regards to the dissapearance of their baby daughter. The travelling-playing the victims-courting celebrityism-seeking money as the ONLY means of finding Their daughter. The Global marketing of the Childs dissapearance to promote themselves as tortured victims- whilst creating seedy,underhand measures to shut up anyone who dares to 'challenge' them about inconsistances in their statements.

4 The inconsistances in their statements and their alleged torture and harm they suffered ( not by losing their daughter who's torn genitals ( Kate's description) were being butchered by an alleged peadophile, but by the hurtfull accusations by the Police. SO much so, they have to attend courts-write books- go on TV-meet influential people- take out law suits. Anything but go and phisically look for their daughter. They are too busy.

5 TAKE EVERY opportunity to play down any other theory presented even to the point of suing 'experts' who could and have offered their assistance. The social worker in PDL - The 'family liasion officer provided, the interpreter ( who was then accused as a paedophile and the 'snatcher'), artists to draw a likeness for a poster campaigne on the identification by Jane Tanner. Her FIRST description was disgraceful and shameful and made a mockery of a serious attempt to try and find this 'ABDUCTOR'. Yes, the others were even more shocking.

6 The 'Fund' and the use of its monies, is distasteful and tacky. Again selling Maddy's dissapearance to convice people they are 'searching' for her.

I could go on and on....

I do not know what happened to little Maddy, I try not to think about it in an negative way, It would be too distressing.

However, there are two things I am absolutely sure about and it is this: THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF AN ABDUCTION BY A STRANGER, Jane Tanner is untrustworthy, and it is MY BELIEF she INVENTED a Stranger ABDUCTOR.

That whole TEAM are hiding something.. that is my gut feeling, It may be just they are hiding their guilt about what happened and the part they played ie NOT CHECKING CHILDREN EVERY 15 MINS. Or something else...

I really do not like them, they disgust me. The way the blame everyone else for their distress and mental torture and deep depressions is particularly vile.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 9:56

I like it. I think it's very well written indeed. But then, I like tounge-in-cheek humour.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 11 Feb - 10:02

A rather clever way to clue up the reader on many aspects re the gruesome twosome's despicable behaviour and history, without actually laying oneself open to being Carter Rucked imo
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 11 Feb - 10:04

pennylane wrote:A rather clever way to clue up the reader on many aspects re the gruesome twosome's despicable behaviour and history, without actually laying oneself open to being Carter Rucked imo Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much? 23324 Asking: How Come Some People Dislike The McCanns So Much? 307691
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 11 Feb - 10:05

Errrrm, no - I beg to disagree. This apologist with limited information skates over their admission of leaving children alone by inferring that 15 minute checks are more than adequate.
So the reason must be that they expect the world to compensate them for their loss?
No, that's not it either. Although I must admit I disliked the McCanns on first sight - it saved time - we don't like them because we suspect them of being complicit in the disappearance of their daughter and for neither physically nor by other means to have actively searched for her.
Because they started a 'Fighting Fund' which was totally unnecessary and which fund is - contrary to their own promises - NOT transparent.
Because they are unnecessarily and selectively vindictive in using said fund to sue people for large amounts of 'compensation' .
Basically, we don't like them because we have not been given evidence that they are looking for their daughter at all. They never looked for her on the 3rd nor the 4th of May 2007 nor any other day although they've never ceased asking for more money to do so.
Any mother would have been scouring the neighborhood - trying to feel where her child was.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 11 Feb - 14:52

pennylane wrote:A rather clever way to clue up the reader on many aspects re the gruesome twosome's despicable behaviour and history, without actually laying oneself open to being Carter Rucked imo

Thats how I read it too Pennylane. For instance I could write 'Isn't it awful how some people have critized Gerry for playing tennis the day after his daughter when missing. How heartless of them to begrudge him some a game of tennis to take his mind off his daughter's disappearance'.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 11 Feb - 16:09

I dont like the mccanns because from the very outset they have put themselves before their dead daughter.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sat 11 Feb - 16:25

Simples -

Their arrogance, and

Their assumption that everyone is stupid enough to believe their lies.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down