Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

+7
tabs
AnnaEsse
contrary
maebee
Thistledown
Chris
Annabel
11 posters

Go down

NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE Empty NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

Post  Annabel Sun 11 Mar - 5:24

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/307369/New-photo-clue-to-Madeleine-McCann-case

Sunday 11th March

NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

Detectives are still trying to work out who was involved in Madeleine McCann's disappearance

Sunday March 11,2012
By James Murray

DETECTIVES are using the latest computer technology to try to create a new image of a “prime suspect” who might have been involved in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

They are also working on a “computerised reconstruction” of the night she disappeared by putting thousands of pieces of information into the police Holmes computer.

The developments come at a ­significant time with the Policia Judiciaria in Portugal announcing it has a cold case team working on the investigation in Porto, north Portugal.
The Portuguese officers will work closely with the Scotland Yard detectives and will have “primacy” in the investigation.

The Sunday Express understands the Yard team have been examining all photofits, e-fits and drawings of people suspected of being involved in the disappearance of three-year-old Madeleine from an apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007. One of the best known drawings was based on a description given by a friend of Madeleine’s parents, Gerry and Kate. Jane Tanner claimed she saw a man carrying a child in his arms but did not get a good look at his face.

Other images were created from witnesses who saw people acting suspiciously in the vicinity around the time of the crime.
Irishman Martin Smith and members of his family saw a man carrying a child in his arms at about 10pm, about 45 minutes after the Tanner sighting. However, he was not asked to help produce a photofit. The Met refuses to discuss the details but it is expected that officers will approach Mr Smith and his family for help. Yard experts are looking at ways of improving the images to end with one pristine likeness of the “suspect”.
Officers are using the Home Office Large Major Enquiry System for computer logging of all relevant information and have tailored it to help create what is described as a “computer reconstruction” of the key events of the night of May 3.
It is hoped that eventually there will be an almost minute by minute account, which will assist officers.
The Yard launched its review last year after Kate and Gerry McCann appealed directly to David Cameron. Officers have visited Portugal several times and are said to have a good relationship with their Portuguese counterparts.
PJ deputy chief Pedro do Carmo said: ‘‘The Porto team is very experienced in these cases.”
Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leicestershire, hope the review will lead to a full scale reopening of the case.

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE Empty Re: NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

Post  Chris Sun 11 Mar - 6:44

DETECTIVES are using the latest computer technology to try to create a new image of a “prime suspect” who might have been involved in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann............One of the best known drawings was based on a description given by a friend of Madeleine’s parents, Gerry and Kate. Jane Tanner claimed she saw a man carrying a child in his arms but did not get a good look at his face.

Easter is coming and its clearly time to decorate the Egg man (again!).
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE Empty Re: NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

Post  Panda Sun 11 Mar - 7:02

Trust the Express and James Murray , my favourite desk bound non-Reporter to come up with this rubbish. We have had a glut of "suspicious" people
and you couldn"t make a complete photofit out of any of them!!! Eggman is favourite, pimpleface another, and let"s not forget Victoria Beckham look
alike seen through drunken eyes and remembered two years later. If anyone believes SY are taking this seriously and expending more expense and
time on this experiment they must be gullible.

They are also working on a “computerised reconstruction” of the night she disappeared by putting thousands of pieces of information into the police Holmes computer." Had the Tapas 9 attended a recon this would not be necessary!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 11 Mar - 7:10

Panda wrote:
Trust the Express and James Murray , my favourite desk bound non-Reporter to come up with this rubbish. We have had a glut of "suspicious" people
and you couldn"t make a complete photofit out of any of them!!! Eggman is favourite, pimpleface another, and let"s not forget Victoria Beckham look
alike seen through drunken eyes and remembered two years later. If anyone believes SY are taking this seriously and expending more expense and

They are also working on a “computerised reconstruction” of the night she disappeared by putting thousands of pieces of information into the police Holmes computer." Had the Tapas 9 attended a recon this would not be necessary!!!

I am not sure they need Holmes to highlight the inconsistencies in the various statements.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Mar - 7:32

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

I am not sure they need Holmes to highlight the inconsistencies in the various statements.

Morning Chris, I agree, they don"t need Holmes (I presume named after Sherlock) all they have to do is ask us and we will provide all these photos
of "sightings" FOC to save the Taxpayer added expense. NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Thistledown Sun 11 Mar - 8:58

So.... Kate and Gerry demanded all this action and gave Cameron a good talking to did they?

Shame it seems to have come back to bite them on the arse then eh?

The Smiths saw Gerry and Mrs Smith even went so far as to describe buttons on his trousers.

Thistledown
Thistledown
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 93
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Mar - 9:12

Thistledown wrote:So.... Kate and Gerry demanded all this action and gave Cameron a good talking to did they?

Shame it seems to have come back to bite them on the arse then eh?

The Smiths saw Gerry and Mrs Smith even went so far as to describe buttons on his trousers.

Morning Thistledown,

I don't believe either sighting, Jane Tanner waited hours before telling Rachel, not the Mccanns, as soon as Madeleine was reported missing. Her
description had the abductor carrying Madeleine in his arms and she even described the Pyjamas. Mr. Smith saw Gerry alighting from a plane three
months after his initial statement and he was carrying one of the twins in a sit up position with his head resting on Gerrys shoulder. This is how Smith
recognised him as the same man he saw in PDL.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Thistledown Sun 11 Mar - 9:17

Morning Panda

i agree that the three months later thing is a tad dodgy but it is possible that seeing him come off the plane jogged smith's memory.

However I realise there's so much information been put out there to cause confusion that it's difficult to know what to believe.
Thistledown
Thistledown
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 93
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 11 Mar - 9:20

Hi Panda, your post interest me. Do you mind my asking do you disbelieve the smith sighting in total or just the second statement mr smith gave ? I have always believed the smith sighting took place, while i have wondered about the second statement purely because many people carry children that way.
But I have never considered the possibility it did not happen at all and now my head will start to hurt NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE 25346
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sun 11 Mar - 9:37

Panda
Morning Chris, I agree, they don"t need Holmes (I presume named after Sherlock) all they have to do is ask us and we will provide all these photos of "sightings" FOC to save the Taxpayer added expense.

Very true Panda. We could provide a lot of info to SY but I doubt they need our help. They're not thickos and will have spotted the inconsistencies early days. We just have to hope that they will be allowed to do their job. Btw, here's Holmes NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE 25346

Home Office Large Major Enquiry System
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOLMES_2
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 11 Mar - 9:45

I am convinced the Smith's saw Gerry that night and that Jane's soul purpose in latterly claiming she saw the abductor and Gerry simultaneously was to usurp what they feared was game over!

Dr Amaral stated in an interview some time ago that Jane immediately morphed the description of the alleged abductor's clothes to be similar to the Smith's description the minute they got wind of their statements! GA described it as 'genius' in fact.

More akin to creepily devious imo.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Mar - 9:55

Morning Mossman.... take a couple of aspirin with a cuppa, I think we are in for a long session today....so much going on. NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE 294124

The Smiths own a Villa in PDL and were there at the time apparently because they made a Statement. Three months later their Son phoned to tell
them to turn on their T.V. because the McCanns were returning to the U.K., This is when Smith said he realised Gerry was the Man he saw in PDL that
night. These are my thoughts on the matter.

1. You are with your Family walking along a road in the dark and see a Man carrying a sleeping child in his arms. What would it take, two minutes at most for you to see him coming and walk past you. when you discover the next day that Madeleine was missing you and your Family report your sighting
to the Police .

3. Three months later after you have reported the Gerry alighting from the plane the Garda Police come to your Home in Ireland to ask for a report.
You reiterate your theory that the Man you saw in PDL is the same Man you saw alighting from the Plane... Crucially, Mrs Smith declines to make a
second Statement.

What if the Man they saw was carrying his child from the Creche? What if he had been visiting Friends or Relatives and was on his way home.?

I'm only saying this because a long time ago while visiting my Family, I had a "girls night out". On our way home , quite sober after having a meal ,
especially the driver, an incident happened. Anyway, I was back home and my friend phoned asking if I would make a statement about the incident.
We all made statements but two were rejected because they differed so much from the Driver and front seat passenger.

This is why to identify a person three months later simply because of the way he carried his child is suspect.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Mar - 10:50

maebee wrote:
Panda
Morning Chris, I agree, they don"t need Holmes (I presume named after Sherlock) all they have to do is ask us and we will provide all these photos of "sightings" FOC to save the Taxpayer added expense.

Very true Panda. We could provide a lot of info to SY but I doubt they need our help. They're not thickos and will have spotted the inconsistencies early days. We just have to hope that they will be allowed to do their job. Btw, here's Holmes NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE 25346

Home Office Large Major Enquiry System
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOLMES_2

Morning maebee......and there was I thinking I had solved the reason for the word "Holmes" . NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE 23324 NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE 23324 I know what bacronym means, not bacronym, so in a way I was right.

Wikimania 2012 is July 12–15 in Washington, D.C.
Submit a presentation, panel, or workshop!

HOLMES 2

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

HOLMES 2 (Home Office Large Major Enquiry System) is an Information Technology system that is predominantly used by UK Police forces for the investigation of major incidents such as serial murders and multi-million pound frauds.

The system is a single application which was developed by Unisys for the Police Information Technology Organisation under the Private Finance Initiative. It provides total compatibility and consistency between all the Police forces of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, as well as the Royal Military Police. The name of the system is a backronym for the fictional private investigator, Sherlock Holmes
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  contrary Sun 11 Mar - 12:37

Irishman Martin Smith and members of his family saw a man carrying a child in his arms at about 10pm, about 45 minutes after the Tanner sighting. However, he was not asked to help produce a photofit

And so, dear readers, we (Express) ask you to ponder WHY he was not asked to help produce a photofit and WHY the McCanns have not made a big fuss about this sighting!
contrary
contrary
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 195
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 11 Mar - 12:42

contrary wrote:
Irishman Martin Smith and members of his family saw a man carrying a child in his arms at about 10pm, about 45 minutes after the Tanner sighting. However, he was not asked to help produce a photofit

And so, dear readers, we (Express) ask you to ponder WHY he was not asked to help produce a photofit and WHY the McCanns have not made a big fuss about this sighting!

They demanded that a photofit be produced based on JT's original description, which resulted in the police trawling the PDL vicinity with a drawing of an egg with hair, and yet there has been no such demand for the Smiths were not asked to help produce a sketch. A very good question is why.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Sun 11 Mar - 13:03

I have always put alot of stock in the Smith sighting if only for the reason the the McCanns never acknowledged it or publisized it ( not till much later)

If this sighting had nothing to do with what happened then they (the mccans) would have been all over it like a rash - as it was they ignored it some might say actively

as far as I know it was the only sighting that did not have them parading it all over the news

that alone has always made it very interesting
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Mar - 13:05

The more you read of this case the more you do have to uestion the competence of the PJ. How many Police Forces around the world would have acceeded to their demands??????? From day one, when Family Lawyers , the British Ambassador et al descended on PDL Their own PR giving daily bulletins, the Police must have thought the McCanns were Royalty. Everyone seemed to turn a blind eye to what was going on and maybe the Police didn't get much support from the likes of Ribiero and other Senior Officials. It was even suggested that Gordon Brown did a deal with Socrates.

If your child had gone missing you would do anything the Police asked and respond to their Laws but all the McCanns did was walk all over them and
criticise their efforts. One point I would make though, why the Hell was Kate in the Police Station for 11 hours??

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 11 Mar - 13:10

i can provide a photographic image of the smiths suspect immediately, if the police are interested. in fact i can provide them with hundreds of images of the man mr smith says he saw. so too can the mccanns, in fact my feeling is they might have more than i have.i think that is why they did not ask for a photofit. they already have lots of photos of him.
in fact i can even provide an image of a man very similar in appearance, wearing very similar trousers with buttons, to those described by one of the other smith party.
jeez i am a genius NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE 23324
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 11 Mar - 13:12

why wouldnt she be, her daughter was missing, there were several inconsistencies, i understand she had legal representation with her. she was in the police station for 11 hours, i seem to remember some of it was used to send texts, with the person who was the first female assistant sent from the Government, it doesnt say she was questioned for 11 hours. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 11 Mar - 13:17

Panda wrote:
The more you read of this case the more you do have to uestion the competence of the PJ. How many Police Forces around the world would have acceeded to their demands??????? From day one, when Family Lawyers , the British Ambassador et al descended on PDL Their own PR giving daily bulletins, the Police must have thought the McCanns were Royalty. Everyone seemed to turn a blind eye to what was going on and maybe the Police didn't get much support from the likes of Ribiero and other Senior Officials. It was even suggested that Gordon Brown did a deal with Socrates.

If your child had gone missing you would do anything the Police asked and respond to their Laws but all the McCanns did was walk all over them and
criticise their efforts. One point I would make though, why the Hell was Kate in the Police Station for 11 hours??

she had to wait to answer the last question.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Mar - 13:25

I"m guessing, but think the Smiths, reported the incident the next day when they knew Madeleine was missing. At that stage the McCanns saying the
shutters had been opened was discounted by forensics, there was a search for Madeleine by PDL Residents and Police dogs so maybe the emphasis of
"Abduction" was not taken seriously by the Police and they didn't ask The Smith Family to describe the man for a photofit because Madeleine had only
been missing for a day.The Smiths then returned to Ireland and it was only when Mr smith saw Gerry alighting from the Airport he called the Garda or
PJ.

To say he recognised him from the way he carried the child is hardly foolproof and Mrs smith wasn"t prepared to identify him . What about their
Family walking with them that night , they never made statements or were asked to watch a recording of Gerry leaving the Plane, they were adults
and could have collaborated their Fathers testimony.

Rumour has it Kennedy went to Ireland....now why would he do that,?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 11 Mar - 13:32

Panda wrote:

A blue tennis bag stuffed with bundles of used € has never been found.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Mar - 13:37

tanszi wrote:why wouldnt she be, her daughter was missing, there were several inconsistencies, i understand she had legal representation with her. she was in the police station for 11 hours, i seem to remember some of it was used to send texts, with the person who was the first female assistant sent from the Government, it doesnt say she was questioned for 11 hours. jimo

Sorry tanzi, I have to disagree, 11 hours really is excessive which, added to some silly uestions, was the reason Kate got all Bolshie and refused.
If the Police were treating them as suspects why did they not question them in different rooms simultaneously...Gerry knew what to expect when it
was his turn to be questioned.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 11 Mar - 13:43

tabs wrote:I have always put alot of stock in the Smith sighting if only for the reason the the McCanns never acknowledged it or publisized it ( not till much later)

If this sighting had nothing to do with what happened then they (the mccans) would have been all over it like a rash - as it was they ignored it some might say actively

as far as I know it was the only sighting that did not have them parading it all over the news

that alone has always made it very interesting

Well of course they would have, tabs... they'd have shouted it from the rooftops!

Clarence would have been all over Sky News with drawings of the big bad woolf who was seen by an entire family carrying off Madeleine.

But nothing.... not a peep....... zilch....... nada....... do we here from the pink pimp's forever spinning motor mouth.

Why? Because the Smith sighting struck fear and trepidation at the very core of them all!!!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Mar - 13:46

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Panda wrote:

A blue tennis bag stuffed with bundles of used € has never been found.

Could be, could be TEIN NEW PHOTO CLUE TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE 25346

Kennedy was the one who employed Metodo 3 and sat in on the meeting in PDL between the Metodo 3 Detective , told the young Tour Guide in Morocco
he would give him money if he reported to him about any information about Madeleine,. He was the one who "found" all these clever Detectives, held
their Contracts and supposedly paid £300,000 to Halligen , definitely a major player in this Circus.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down