Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joana Morais

+8
yask27
Karen
jinvta
AnnaEsse
Lillyofthevalley
tanszi
mossman
frencheuropean
12 posters

Go down

Joana Morais Empty Joana Morais

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 13 Mar - 21:42

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/03/radio-interview-with-national-deputy.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Has Joana had the wool pulled over her eyes, I for one things she has, read this a few times take in all the words he (Pedro) says!!
Ive read this and imo its seems to me that the PJ/SY having been working on this case all the time, and this guy has been put on main TV to overt attention from what is really going on at the moment?? He says there is no new evidence.....come on Mr Pedro we know you only need to go over the old evidence and they would have enough to re-open the case.......I think he is trying to fool us.
SY were only suppose to have been in Portugal since the end of last May, he says that they have been working together for one year, looking at his face it looks very strained....why if nothing is going on.

Last edited by Lillyofthevalley on Wed 14 Mar - 8:32; edited 1 time in total
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
Joana Morais Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Joana Morais Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Joana Morais Empty Re: Joana Morais

Post  frencheuropean Tue 13 Mar - 22:10

Radio interview with National Deputy Director of the Judiciary Police Pedro do Carmo
13 March 2012 | Posted by Joana Morais Leave a Comment

The Judiciary Police (PJ) guarantees that there are no new evidence regarding the disappearance of Maddie McCann, to prompt the reopening of the case.

The clarification was given ​​to Antena 1 by the National Deputy Director of the PJ, Pedro do Carmo, who explained that the PJ team of investigators from Oporto was established one year ago, working in collaboration with the British police.

The goal is to re-examine the elements of Investigation that began in 2007. Diligences will only be made if and when proven that they are necessary.

Jornal de Notícias advanced this morning that the English and Portuguese police have not set aside a possible reopening of the process.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voice Over [VO]- At the moment, this is what the Judiciary Police guarantees: there are no new elements that may lead to the reopening of Madeleine McCann's process, said to Antena 1, Pedro do Carmo, National Deputy Director of the Judiciary Police.

Pedro do Carmo [PC]- “So far, nothing new was conveyed to the National Directorate, regarding the appearance of new elements that could substantiate the reopening of the process.”

VO - The investigative team of the Judiciary Police was constituted one year ago. The goal: To re-analyse all the elements of the investigation started in 2004 [sic], the work is mainly a ‘desk’ job where new diligences will only take place if proven necessary, stated Pedro do Carmo.

PC - “We are taking a fresh look, that only distance in time allows for, and also with the physical distance of a team that is based in Oporto. A team that never had any previous contact with this investigation.”

VO - Four years later, after the case was archived, the investigation data are being re-analysed with a fine toothed comb by the British and Portuguese authorities, the idea was initiated by the Judiciary Police.

PC - “The constitution of this task team came from the National Directorate of the Judiciary Police, independently and actually preceding the creation of the Metropolitan Police team.”

VO - On this fresh look to the McCann case and to the PJ itself, questioned if mistakes or if anything remained to be done, the National Directorate declined to make further comments.

in Antena 1, March 9, 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This translation is provided as a background to the soon-to-be published transcript of the program broadcast by RTP Informação on March 12, 2012, called “Blind Justice”.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 13 Mar - 22:17

lilyofthevalley, i agree with you. i looked at the link before i read your post and the very first thing that struck me was this. there is no NEW evidence to re-open the case, ok. but do they need new evidence. it could be re-opened on the existing evidence, no ? so i am with you on that. without a confession from somebody, i do not think there will ever be new evidence in this case. i recokon it is all there already but cannot be put together without somebody talking. evidence and proof are not necessarily the same.

SY are very quiet. the portugese are vocal, but with denials. hmm, is everybody at long last keeping a lid on what is happening to ensure there is absolutely no whoosh clunking this time. are the portugese the vocal party because it is there the latest news came from and so it is they who are being forced to play things down.

am i just being too optomistic
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 13 Mar - 22:19

No I dont think Joana has had the wool pulled over her eyes. Joana has reported the article about Pedro do Carmo and what he has to say. For a country that doesnt give updates on the proceedings he has been very forthcoming. He is highly unlikely to say any thing that will give anyone an idea of the situation as it is today or what will happen in the future. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 13 Mar - 22:43

mossman ....
am i just being too optomistic

No not at all Joana Morais 25346

tanszi, well from what I read on FB and Twitter I believed she has but that is just my opinion, Ive been reading what Amaral has said recently as well he is very happy with himself at the mom and as he said himself.......its not looking good for the McCanns at the moment!!!!

Here's hoping Joana Morais 944533

Last edited by Lillyofthevalley on Tue 13 Mar - 22:44; edited 1 time in total
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 13 Mar - 22:44

I suppose he`s hardly likely to say there is new evidence.

I thought this was interesting -

PC - “The constitution of this task team came from the National Directorate of the Judiciary Police, independently and actually preceding the creation of the Metropolitan Police team.”

So the PJ must have actioned this well before the McCanns pressurised our government.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 13 Mar - 22:46

Hiya lilyofthevalley, and Oldartform, i hope things are progressing, and it does seem that the PJ were working behind the scenes, prior to the pressure put by the McCs on the UK to conduct a review. Ive taken on board what is attributed to Amaral, im just being cautious. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 13 Mar - 22:47

Oldartform wrote:I suppose he`s hardly likely to say there is new evidence.

So the PJ must have actioned this well before the McCanns pressurised our government.

Hmm is this what kicked started the McCanns last year (Cameron and May letters) demanding the case to be reviewed, them knowing that the PJ had already asked for SY help!!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 13 Mar - 22:47

Hmm is this what kicked started the McCanns last year (Cameron and May letters) demanding the case to be reviewed, them knowing that the PJ had already asked for SY help!!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 13 Mar - 22:52

Lillyofthevalley wrote:

Yep, makes one wonder doesn`t it - and with the help of the editor of the Sun of course.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 13 Mar - 23:11

Oldartform wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:

Yep, makes one wonder doesn`t it - and with the help of the editor of the Sun of course.

Looks like somebody might have got wind of what the PJ were doing and wanted to find out.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Wed 14 Mar - 5:48

Maybe Amaral's optimism has nothing to do with the case regarding Madeleine's disappearance and everything to do with the McCanns libel suit against Amaral and his countersuit against them? I am at the point where I would be happy to see both McCanns behind bars, even it was only for contempt of court (for destroying or not returning Amaral's books). I still think it is possible that new information could come out of the libel trial when the McCanns are under oath. Perhaps the case of Madeleine's disappearance is stalled, awaiting such further evidence, that when combined with all the other circumstantial evidence against the McCanns, will be enough to ensure a conviction either in Portugal or the UK. One can only hope :)

jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 14 Mar - 9:43

I still for the life of me do not believe Mr Cameron will allow a whitewash, I do believe however that the PJ and the Yard are keep schtum re review, media frenzy avoided, let them work in peace.

Mr Cameron has too much riding on this - during austerity he spends 3,5mill on "one particular child"with an outcome of abducton - DONT THJINK SO! he was insulted on tele (sky news) as was Theresa May as Kate stated, Madeleine is a British subject and no-one is bothered looking for her, and Mrs May fluffy word comment. Yep personally I think Mr Cameron a very smart man (dont believe in all his policies) he knows this is the biggest "missing child case in history" and the world is watching, if a whitewash does happen then Cameron is going to look like a real fool.

Things are happening "behind the scenes" Mr Amaral deliberately let slip "the McCanns are not going to be pleased" statement, he wouldnt have said it if he didnt mean it, he is well aware of the Legal ramifications - he is pushing their buttons just like they have been pushing his, except Sir Amaral is decent enough not to reciprocate with nastiness. I do believe Amaral and Sofia have divorced - also to play the McCanns at their game, he and Sofia will re-marry with their reputations in tact - while Kate and Gerry rot in the slammer along with all their scummy friends.

We have the PJ (Portimao) GNR, PJ Oporto, British Police AND the Yard all working together, if by some major eff up this is a whitewash - then GOSH what is this world coming too??

My money is on Cameron coming through for Maddie
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  yask27 Wed 14 Mar - 9:47

Morning people.

There is a poster on amazon who is an ex-copper who states that it will not be a whitewash ( A.Brewer ).

Seems to know what he is talking about.

Also saw this on Amazon this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvBH3w7zD3Y&feature=related
yask27
yask27
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 58
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 14 Mar - 9:57

Karen wrote:I still for the life of me do not believe Mr Cameron will allow a whitewash, I do believe however that the PJ and the Yard are keep schtum re review, media frenzy avoided, let them work in peace.

Mr Cameron has too much riding on this - during austerity he spends 3,5mill on "one particular child"with an outcome of abducton - DONT THJINK SO! he was insulted on tele (sky news) as was Theresa May as Kate stated, Madeleine is a British subject and no-one is bothered looking for her, and Mrs May fluffy word comment. Yep personally I think Mr Cameron a very smart man (dont believe in all his policies) he knows this is the biggest "missing child case in history" and the world is watching, if a whitewash does happen then Cameron is going to look like a real fool.

Things are happening "behind the scenes" Mr Amaral deliberately let slip "the McCanns are not going to be pleased" statement, he wouldnt have said it if he didnt mean it, he is well aware of the Legal ramifications - he is pushing their buttons just like they have been pushing his, except Sir Amaral is decent enough not to reciprocate with nastiness. I do believe Amaral and Sofia have divorced - also to play the McCanns at their game, he and Sofia will re-marry with their reputations in tact - while Kate and Gerry rot in the slammer along with all their scummy friends.

We have the PJ (Portimao) GNR, PJ Oporto, British Police AND the Yard all working together, if by some major eff up this is a whitewash - then GOSH what is this world coming too??

My money is on Cameron coming through for Maddie

Good morning Karen. Well said, I agree with everthing you have said in your post. It's a crying shame that certain members of the previous Government, were not interested in Madeleine's fate, they were too busy keeping the McCanns out of jail.

Along with all the other Madeleine supporters, I really do hope that the conclusion of this review, leads to the reopening of the case and all those who helped "get rid" of Madeleine and all those who helped the McCanns evade justice, when they knew damned well that they had broken the law, are themselves brought to justice. If nothing happens to these people, Madeleine has only meant something to those who have been fighting for her, either by using internet forums to post their views, or by sticking their necks out and risking their livelihoods. Which is what Goncalo Amaral, Pat Brown and Tony Bennett have done.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 14 Mar - 10:37

AnnaEsse wrote:
Oldartform wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:

Looks like somebody might have got wind of what the PJ were doing and wanted to find out.

That would explain their insistence on a review. But, continually using PR to push their image can surely only have a short-term effect - it won't alter the outcome of the Scotland Yard investigative review at all. Makes me wonder why they bother, seems they live in a parallel universe.
ETA: perhaps they meant Scotland Yard revue not review?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Joana Morais Empty Joana has a one liner today saying...

Post  comperedna Wed 14 Mar - 13:37

that 'the case remains archived'... The only other bit she added later was in Portuguese which I can only pick a few words out of... It is all very comforting to believe that 'it is all going on behind the scenes'... but I am starting to feel glum again.

It is not 'new evidence' that is needed, especially not new sightings, or photo fits of suspicious looking 'nasty men'. It is a reassessment of what has already been collected, and an allowing into the process of evidence that till now has been excluded, and a reconstruction with the known protagonists, and a re-testing forensically of any gubbins that still remains. etc etc... An honest admission/confession from someone only peripherally involved wouldn't come amiss either...

And then I think... Why would the 2 police forces take all that trouble... spend all that money... take up scarce resources of manpower, if they were not intending to get to the bottom of this once and for all. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY with another and longer term shelving 'for lack of evidence'...

I do not believe in elaborate conspiracy theories...

Aaaaaaaaaarghhh...
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 14 Mar - 14:16

comperedna wrote:that 'the case remains archived'... The only other bit she added later was in Portuguese which I can only pick a few words out of... It is all very comforting to believe that 'it is all going on behind the scenes'... but I am starting to feel glum again.

It is not 'new evidence' that is needed, especially not new sightings, or photo fits of suspicious looking 'nasty men'. It is a reassessment of what has already been collected, and an allowing into the process of evidence that till now has been excluded, and a reconstruction with the known protagonists, and a re-testing forensically of any gubbins that still remains. etc etc... An honest admission/confession from someone only peripherally involved wouldn't come amiss either... And then I think... Why would the 2 police forces take all that trouble... spend all that money... take up scarce resources of manpower, if they were not intending to get to the bottom of this once and for all. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY with another and longer term shelving 'for lack of evidence'...

I do not believe in elaborate conspiracy theories...

Aaaaaaaaaarghhh...

Exactly ... simples.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down