Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was this in the files??

+22
T4two
margaret
marxman
wjk
Badboy
mossman
Panda
Oldartform
fred
jinvta
Wintabells
LJC
duncanmac
AnnaEsse
mariang
gillyspot
Claudia79
Angelique
Loopdaloop
Christine
Karen
Annabel
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Was this in the files?? Empty Was this in the files??

Post  margaret Mon 19 Mar - 17:48

Taken from the Dr.Roberts thread, this has always intruiged me....

Annabel wrote:

"It wasn't until a year later, when I was combing through the Portuguese police files, that I discovered that the note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day. This book was by definition accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too. To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and simply to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had added the reason for our request: we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently."

If not a speaker of Portuguese, he will have done remarkably well to have garnered the significance of this dining schedule, written in Portuguese, from a glance inside a staff notebook.

Is there a copy of this staff message book in the files? And are the exact words that they were leaving the children alone and checking on them intermittently?

If so, does anyone know how accesible to the public this message book was. Receptions usually have a high shelf to hide the multitude of paperwork for hotel staff don't they?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
Was this in the files?? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Was this in the files?? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Was this in the files?? Empty Re: Was this in the files??

Post  Annabel Mon 19 Mar - 17:57

Last edited by Annabel on Mon 19 Mar - 18:04; edited 1 time in total
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Was this in the files?? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Was this in the files?? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 19 Mar - 18:03

Annabel wrote:Maybe you can find more here:

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS_BOOKING.htm

Cheers Annabel there's a note at the bottom:

The note mentioned is not on the DVD although Tapas reservation lists are here:

You'd think such an important thing would be in the files wouldn't you? And it begs the question what files have the mcs got if it's in their version.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 19 Mar - 18:31

margaret wrote:

You'd think such an important thing would be in the files wouldn't you? And it begs the question what files have the mcs got if it's in their version.

Yes you would and no it probably isn't because it isn't the kind of note a receptionist would make is it? I mean why embellish a booking with that kind of information? i.e. it isn't credible and SY will no doubt see it that way too. IMO this is very much a piece of fiction written for the benefit of the British public to place responsibility for Madeleine's disappearance elsewhere. This has always been their mantra. "Point the finger elsewhere, indeed anywhere as long as it isn't pointing at us". Mind you if it were true, it would be a brilliant example of irresponsible parenting, because it clearly demonstrates intent to abandon the children every night for a week. That said, does anyone seriously believe that KM trawled through the police files? IMO the only thing she'd ever trawl through is a wine cellar.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 19 Mar - 18:45

margaret wrote:Taken from the Dr.Roberts thread, this has always intruiged me....

Annabel wrote:

"It wasn't until a year later, when I was combing through the Portuguese police files, that I discovered that the note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day. This book was by definition accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too. To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and simply to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had added the reason for our request: we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently."

If not a speaker of Portuguese, he will have done remarkably well to have garnered the significance of this dining schedule, written in Portuguese, from a glance inside a staff notebook.

Is there a copy of this staff message book in the files? And are the exact words that they were leaving the children alone and checking on them intermittently?

If so, does anyone know how accesible to the public this message book was. Receptions usually have a high shelf to hide the multitude of paperwork for hotel staff don't they?

Kate is acknowledging here that there was a block booking, yet she and Gerry stated that on May 3rd they nearly went to the Millennium.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon 19 Mar - 20:29

margaret wrote:Taken from the Dr.Roberts thread, this has always intruiged me....

Annabel wrote:

Margaret - My ex mum in law works in a Hotel reception in Monthechoro on the Algarve, most reception desks are around breast height, I have stayed in many Hotels on the Algarve - so it would have been possible to see papers lying on the desk, very possible. However with Lord and Lady McCann what ever they say is lies and should be taken as such. Was this in the files?? 25346
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon 19 Mar - 21:07

I found a picture of the OC reception, but haven't got a clue how to insert it here. This link has the picture on it, the fifth one I believe.
http://www.rentalsystems.com/Advert.aspx?ref=4535
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 19 Mar - 21:08

AnnaEsse wrote:

Annabel wrote:

Kate is acknowledging here that there was a block booking, yet she and Gerry stated that on May 3rd they nearly went to the Millennium.

1.39 onwards. It's toe-curling.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 19 Mar - 21:16

I vaguely remember reading in one of the Roggy interviews, one of the T7 said something about being late for dinner and feeling guilty about it because they'd made this block booking... and something about tennis, some event ending later than planned, other people not getting a table because they'd booked one... something along those lines.

Maybe, just maybe, they were considering going to the Milllennium for reasons stated above. Can anyone else remember reading this sort of testimony?

But there again, there's NO WAY this was likely, given that the McC children were allegedly too tired to even go to the play area as they normally would.... they were all bathed and in their PJ's, so I don't believe for a moment that if the Millennium + kids was on the cards, it was THAT evening.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 19 Mar - 21:18

Christine wrote:I found a picture of the OC reception, but haven't got a clue how to insert it here. This link has the picture on it, the fifth one I believe.

Was this in the files?? 4535_5
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 19 Mar - 21:35

I think the practice of block-booking was not the norm there and Rachel had to plead their case, so I guess it's possible that an explanation was entered in the bookings register (checking kids) in case the manager or some authority figure questioned it.

But for a predator to be in the restaurant, snooping in the bookings register to see if there were any home-alone kids to 'take' is ludicrous (I mean, was s/he 'dining' there too? and if so, the police would know their details and have covered this) or was this a random person who sat at the bar, clocked the bookings thing, then decided to nick one of the Tapas kids (after all, they were all home-alone)? And why did s/he choose Madeleine? The Paynes didn't leave the table all night and the Oldfields' child was checked only once (at 9.35pm I believe). Russell and Jane's children were being sort of looked after on and off and the McC's apartment had numerous people walking past it and into it all bloody evening long.... The Paynes walked past at 9.00pm, Matthew was hanging around outside at 9.00pm, Gerry went inside at 9.05pm, Wilkins was going round and round in circles, Jane walked past at 9.10pm, Jane returned at ? Russell arrived and Matt was inside it at 9.35pm.

Why would be choose Piccadilly Circus 5a and not take a Payne or an Oldfield sprog? Were their patio doors locked?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Mon 19 Mar - 22:53

I don`t see how any member of the public could see the staff message book because it would be well below the counter top. The work area is about 12-18 inches below and behind the counter top, as with nursing stations in a hospitasl or any reception point - the public would have to lean right over and then it would be upside down.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Mon 19 Mar - 23:29

So, are they accusing a member of staff of being the abductor? I would have thought all staff members would have been scrutinised by the PJ and Leics Cops. I remember someone trying to link this to a disgruntled ex member of staff, but even ex members of staff would not have access to this book, let alone the general public.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 19 Mar - 23:38

Karen wrote:

Annabel wrote:

Margaret - My ex mum in law works in a Hotel reception in Monthechoro on the Algarve, most reception desks are around breast height, I have stayed in many Hotels on the Algarve - so it would have been possible to see papers lying on the desk, very possible. However with Lord and Lady McCann what ever they say is lies and should be taken as such. Was this in the files?? 25346

Oh dear, Karen. Better watch what you say. I've just read elsewhere that someone is accusing you of a blatant lie, "...about them being Lord and Lady McCann" I kid you not! Was this in the files?? 613255
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Mon 19 Mar - 23:40

Hang on a minute, this specifically says a desk. Receptions usually have a counter for dealing with enquiries, then they have the desk/s at the rear of the counter where only staff have access to, plus shelving on the back wall which is usually divided up for each room number. Therefore, the use of the word desk means, to my mind, exactly that which would be located at the rear of the counter, upon which there was probably a fax machine and where the staff book would be kept. I am certain this staff book would not be kept on the counter for all and sundry to look at.

By the way, is the picture above of the reception at OC the same one as the Pool Reception? Is there more than one reception?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Mon 19 Mar - 23:45

It`s a bit risky for Kate to say something`s in the PJ files when it`s not, so one would assume it is there.

One would think that, by now, if all the staff at the OC have read her book, they would have contacted the police about anything Kate has lied about - well, I would if I`d been the receptionist she`s criticising.

Don`t know if anyone`s read Textusa latest piece - it was rather complicated as usual, but she did pose the theory that if the OC was open for a `special` week-end, that all the staff would be well aware of the consequences of not sticking to the party line. But then, there`s nothing illegal about having `special` week-ends is there?
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 19 Mar - 23:49

Oldartform wrote:It`s a bit risky for Kate to say something`s in the PJ files when it`s not, so one would assume it is there.

One would think that, by now, if all the staff at the OC have read her book, they would have contacted the police about anything Kate has lied about - well, I would if I`d been the receptionist she`s criticising.

Don`t know if anyone`s read Textusa latest piece - it was rather complicated as usual, but she did pose the theory that if the OC was open for a `special` week-end, that all the staff would be well aware of the consequences of not sticking to the party line. But then, there`s nothing illegal about having `special` week-ends is there?

So, how many people has she insulted in her book? Mrs Fenn, Ricardo Paiava, Martin Grime, the OC reception staff...who else? Apart from Gonçalo!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 20 Mar - 0:05

This whole conversation is pointless on numerous levels.

A> We know there was no abductor...
B> If there was an abductor, why would they not take the younger kids?

I wish I could visualise this whole pyramid of flimsy cards that they build their hypothesis on.
It really annoys me now all this complete and utter rubbish from the Mccann's clasping at straws.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 20 Mar - 0:20

Christine wrote:I found a picture of the OC reception, but haven't got a clue how to insert it here. This link has the picture on it, the fifth one I believe.
I SEE THAT IF YOU CLICK ON MAP/LOCATION,IT COMES UP WITH A AREA IN ATLANTIC OCEAN SOUTH OF IVORY COAST.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue 20 Mar - 0:21

Loopdaloop wrote:
This whole conversation is pointless on numerous levels.

A> We know there was no abductor...
B> If there was an abductor, why would they not take the younger kids?

I wish I could visualise this whole pyramid of flimsy cards that they build their hypothesis on.
It really annoys me now all this complete and utter rubbish from the Mccann's clasping at straws.

Yes I agree this is becoming tiresome - but the more they go on the more they trip up. All these "add-ons" just prove the point.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 20 Mar - 1:08

AnnaEsse wrote:
Karen wrote:

Annabel wrote:

Oh dear, Karen. Better watch what you say. I've just read elsewhere that someone is accusing you of a blatant lie, "...about them being Lord and Lady McCann" I kid you not! Was this in the files?? 613255

Was this in the files?? 23324 I needed that after a loooong day! Thanks! Was this in the files?? 294124
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Tue 20 Mar - 7:33

Even if there was a note made in a register it would only be visible on that day (or possibly also day after) the request was made as I am sure it would have been a page a day diary. Personally I don't think it was in any book easily accessible. Remember Kate McCann has had the same files we have (with the same missing files).

MWT has been suggesting that it could be a Mark Warner employee - by talking about duplicate keys.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Tue 20 Mar - 7:54

T4two wrote:
margaret wrote:

Yes you would and no it probably isn't because it isn't the kind of note a receptionist would make is it? I mean why embellish a booking with that kind of information? i.e. it isn't credible and SY will no doubt see it that way too. IMO this is very much a piece of fiction written for the benefit of the British public to place responsibility for Madeleine's disappearance elsewhere. This has always been their mantra. "Point the finger elsewhere, indeed anywhere as long as it isn't pointing at us". Mind you if it were true, it would be a brilliant example of irresponsible parenting, because it clearly demonstrates intent to abandon the children every night for a week. That said, does anyone seriously believe that KM trawled through the police files? IMO the only thing she'd ever trawl through is a wine cellar.

What bothers me about Kate's statement about the note is that she is claiming to be horrified about finding out about the note, but yet she still claims to have done nothing wrong in leaving the kids alone. How can an innocent note about a neglectful act be considered worse than the act itself? It is as if she is saying that what she was doing was perfectly fine, as long as nobody knew about it. Kind of like those people who believe that anything is legal as long as you don't get caught. Further, Gerry told a complete stranger (Jez) about their child-minding arrangements, so Kate should have been equally horrified about Gerry's slip of the tongue.

Message to Kate: You cannot be horrified about anything you do being spread publicly, unless you KNOW for a fact that what you are doing is wrong. Admitting horror over finding your neglect being publicly displayed, is admitting that you know that it was wrong to leave the children alone.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mariang Tue 20 Mar - 8:10

Was this 'note' about their needing of a block booking of a table written in english? If in portugese - does Kate know the portugese language????
mariang
mariang
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 142
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Tue 20 Mar - 9:21

Kate is trying to paint two pictures here - one that she is diligently going through the files and secondly - Oh look here is some NEW information that suggests the 'abductor' could have had intelligence that helped him/them.

If it is not in the files then thhis shows two things as well - that Kate is lies (NO! I hear you say!!) and secondly, that she did not bargain for the files to be translated and so publically available. This of course is why they wanted exclusive access to the files, so they could spin and embroider to weave around their own thesis. IMO of course!!!

Last edited by NoStone on Tue 20 Mar - 9:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next