Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mistakes Were Made

+5
T4two
kathybelle
Keela
keepingmum
devonmum
9 posters

Go down

Mistakes Were Made Empty Mistakes Were Made

Post  Keela Thu 26 Apr - 14:46

Dr Amaral said last night in his interview in the Panorama programme that mistakes were made in the investigation. I don't doubt that there were and that is in no way a criticism of the PJ. It is a fact that Police forces makes mistakes. There isn't a force in the whole of the Uk who hasnot made a mistake when invesigating. There was no bigger cock up than those mistakes made during the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper back in the 1970s. The lead investigating officer instructed his officers and these instructions were flawed. The biggest one being after they had received the tape which had a Geordie voice on it. He told them to only look for geordie speaking males. It was a fluke which finally captured Sutcliffe. So by the very nature that the police are human then mistakes will be made and lessons will be learned. The PJ have no need to beat themselves up over what the Team McCann and the UK press say. they did a good job under very exacting circumstances. If the incident had happened in the UK and the Mccanns and their buddies had behaved as they did in Portugal then the UK force investigating would have had a tough time as well. What chance do you have when people refuse to help even though they have said previously that they would help all they could???
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
Mistakes Were Made Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mistakes Were Made Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Mistakes Were Made Empty Re: Mistakes Were Made

Post  kathybelle Thu 26 Apr - 15:16

Keela wrote:Dr Amaral said last night in his interview in the Panorama programme that mistakes were made in the investigation. I don't doubt that there were and that is in no way a criticism of the PJ. It is a fact that Police forces makes mistakes. There isn't a force in the whole of the Uk who hasnot made a mistake when invesigating. There was no bigger cock up than those mistakes made during the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper back in the 1970s. The lead investigating officer instructed his officers and these instructions were flawed. The biggest one being after they had received the tape which had a Geordie voice on it. He told them to only look for geordie speaking males. It was a fluke which finally captured Sutcliffe. So by the very nature that the police are human then mistakes will be made and lessons will be learned. The PJ have no need to beat themselves up over what the Team McCann and the UK press say. they did a good job under very exacting circumstances. If the incident had happened in the UK and the Mccanns and their buddies had behaved as they did in Portugal then the UK force investigating would have had a tough time as well. What chance do you have when people refuse to help even though they have said previously that they would help all they could???

I can accept Dr Amaral admitting he and his force made mistakes, however I do think he should followed his admittance, with criticism of the McCanns behaviour towards them. He could have said how the McCanns put obstacles in their way and he also could have said, that the British Government intervened with this case. I also think he should have said that Scotland Yard advised them to make the McCanns suspects from early on in the investigation.

Dr Amaral has unwittlingly, gone along with the McCanns and the British media's theory, that the PJ and the Portuguese police force (I don't know if these two groups are the same) are incompetant and they are somewhat to blame for not catching the so called abductor.

I said in a previous post, that Dr Amaral may have said more, but the Panorama producer was told not to air it.

I think it's about time the PJ started to fight back against the McCanns and their followers. The McCanns have got away with the crimes they committed against their 3 children and one would have thought they would have been grateful. If it wasn't for the fact that Gerry was matey with Gordon Brown and other high profile people, he and his wife would be languishing behind bars by now.

Whoever is responsible for reopening this case, should get it open now. There is enough evidence to reopen it and the evidence is when the McCanns admitted to the Portuguese police that they had left their children unsupervised and Madeleine disappeared because she was left unsupervised, they committed crimes against all 3 of their children. Crimes they have never been found guilty or not guilty of, because they were never prosecuted.

I know PJ did want to Prosecute the McCanns, but due to interference by the British Government and someone who was believed to be Jose Socrates, the prosecution could not go ahead. However Socrates is no longer in the Portuguese Government and we have a different Government to the one we had in 2007.

I know the Portuguese are strapped for cash and maybe this is a reason why the PJ don't want the case to be reopened.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Mistakes Were Made Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mistakes Were Made Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Thu 26 Apr - 15:20

I am pretty sure he said much more, it was edited in that way.

There are mistakes made in most police cases, at least he admits them.

Kudos to him
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Thu 26 Apr - 15:23

yes, i think Dr. Amaral was "edited". Unfortunately I don't think Portugal has the money or the incentive to re-open the case. I wish they had.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 26 Apr - 15:26

I am sure that his comments were edited and probably quite severely. We wouldn't want all of his comments being aired, would we? Edit it so that it looks as though he is cirticising his own force but not the McCanns for leaving the children in the first place.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 26 Apr - 15:48

Yes, I agree. Mistakes were made. The first mistake was leaving three children, the eldest being merely three years old, alone in an unlocked apartment, whilst their parents went out on the piss. BIG mistake.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Apr - 16:01

@KathyBelle: Prosecution for Abandonment would only be on the cards (even in the absence of interference) if it actually happened.

Mind you, there's always "perverting the course of Justice" if, as many of us believe, it didn't happen and was all part of the charade.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 26 Apr - 16:21

The End Is Nigh wrote:@KathyBelle: Prosecution for Abandonment would only be on the cards (even in the absence of interference) if it actually happened.

Mind you, there's always "perverting the course of Justice" if, as many of us believe, it didn't happen and was all part of the charade.

Hello TEIN

Thank you for your reply. So even though the McCanns told the police, they left their children unsupervised, when they went out in the evenings and Madeleine disappeared when she was left unsupervised, the PJ couldn't couldn't prosecute them?

Do you know on what evidence the PJ did want to prosecute the McCanns, but were unable to? Thanks to the intervenement of the British and Portuguese Governments.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 26 Apr - 16:25

It makes no difference whether Dr Amaral admits that mistakes were made or not. Dr Amaral admitting that mistakes were made does not detract in any way from the outcome of the investigation. That outcome was that there is no evidence whatsoever that an abduction took place, but that there are serious grounds to suspect the parents' and their holiday friends of involvement. The British police have spent more than 3 million pounds sifting through everything to do with this case and have come up with ...... absolutely nothing. The logical and commonsense conclusion is that they have failed to find anything which would support the parents' insistence that an abduction took place, simply because there is nothing to find. In other words, one could go on forever spending millions, appearing in TV programmes, spinning stories about fake sightings, issuing e-fits of what Madeleine might look like now etc etc - nothing, but nothing will ever come of it. So faced with the knowledge that nobody (not even the elite of the British police ha ha ha) can come up with anything which would even remotely suggest that the child was abducted, one must carry the logic one step further and assume that the conclusion of the Portuguese investigation should be followed up with an investigation of the parents and their willing helpers. Given this latest turn of events though, we can safely assume that with the attitude displayed by a Scotland Yard patently biased in the parents' favour, a position which must obviously be supported by the British establishment, this is the last thing that is going to happen. The Portuguese standpoint that there is no point in reopening the investigation because there is nothing new to investigate is therefore entirely logical. Sorry parents and friends, no matter who tries and no matter how hard they try, to show that you are not involved but are victims of a dastardly abductor, they can't because there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that an abduction took place. If Detective Redwood was able to produce just one piece of evidence however tiny in support of an abduction then I, like millions of others I imagine, would be quite willing to change my point of view, but the fact is, he cannot. Spinning in the media is no substitute for solving a crime Detective Redwood and spending 3 million pounds of taxpayers money to turn a once admired institution into a laughingstock is frankly beneath contempt.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Apr - 16:27

@KathyBelle:

It depends upon whether it was true or not, surely? That's the point. Healy & McCann have said many, many things which are not believed - why should their apparent admissions over abandonment be any different?

It has been debated endlessly and repeatedly about whether the neglect really happened.

I don't know for sure whether the PJ wanted to prosecute for Abandonment or not - it was your good self who raised that, not I.

And there is also the question of the bigger picture - surely the main aim was to determine who was responsible for Madeleine's disappearance at the time?

Last edited by The End Is Nigh on Thu 26 Apr - 16:34; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Dyslexia kicked in.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 16:29

The only mistake that was made was treating them with bloody tweezers!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Apr - 16:31

kitti wrote:The only mistake that was made was treating them with bloody tweezers!!

Correct.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 26 Apr - 16:53

Anyone who has not made a mistake has not
learnt anything! And I'm sure the PJ has learnt
a lot. Mistakes happen, its the natural order of
things, but its what you do after recognising
such errors of judgement that matters.
I say, fair play to GA for admitting faults in the
investigation, but my only gripe would be if
mistakes were not made, maybe the Mccanns
would have been 'banged up abroad' and not
allowed to easyjet off as they did.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 26 Apr - 17:19

How long did it take the Brit police, to lock up the Yorkshire Ripper?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 26 Apr - 18:22

I am convinced it was edited. I dont think the McCs made a mistake, they knew and planned the leaving of their children allegedly without supervision whilst they went on the lash with their friends. No mistake there, that was deliberate. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 26 Apr - 20:08

tanszi wrote:I am convinced it was edited. I dont think the McCs made a mistake, they knew and planned the leaving of their children allegedly without supervision whilst they went on the lash with their friends. No mistake there, that was deliberate. jimo.

Hi tanszi, no not a mistake by the mccanns
in flying off, but a big mistake by the Pj for
allowing them to.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down