Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The worlds gone potty

4 posters

Go down

The worlds gone potty Empty The worlds gone potty

Post  kitti Tue 8 May - 11:47

POLICE chiefs have banned IT staff from using the word blacklist over fears it is RACIST.

289 comments

Related Stories
The Sun Says10 new racism crisis at MetCop suspended over 'n***** insult'150 cops work on hacking inquiryThe Sun Says
The computer term whitelist — used to denote a list of acceptable contacts — has also been outlawed.

In an email, Scotland Yard warned staff the words were no longer “appropriate”.

Security services chief Brian Douglas wrote: “IB (Information Board) are uncomfortable with the use of the term Whitelist (and I presume Blacklist).

“I am sure we can appreciate the sensitivity around the use of such terminology today so please ensure it is no longer used.” He suggested using green and red list instead.

Sources at the Met — where 20 officers are under investigation over alleged racism — branded the decision “bizarre”.

One said: “Do we really think these words are discriminatory? The truth is they’re nothing to do with race whatsoever and are very common IT terms. Banning them won’t solve any genuine problems the Met has with racism.”

Scotland Yard said: “This is not a change in policy.

“It is a change in internal Information Communications Technology terminology which reflects a more appropriate use of language.”

t.wells@the-sun.co.uk
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
The worlds gone potty Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The worlds gone potty Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

The worlds gone potty Empty Re: The worlds gone potty

Post  kitti Tue 8 May - 11:54

What next........'black' word being 'erased' altogether ...

Black paint being discontinued .

'in the black'...won't be able to say that anymore and worse still.....

BLACKPOOL being erased from the map....no more blackpool lol

'Can I have a pair off black shoes please ...can I try on those shoes in black please...'. Nope.....Cant say that...it's.....'may I try on the same shoes NOT in white, Red, brown or blue...please'
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
The worlds gone potty Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The worlds gone potty Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 8 May - 11:59

I was once subjected to a noisy tirade in a crowded pub by a very very PC woman, when I used the expression, "the pot calling the kettle black." Even when I tried to explain the origin of the expression, i.e., cooking things over a fire and everything gets black with soot, the woman just carried on being worked up about my being racist.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 8 May - 12:12

This country is a laughing stock to the rest off Europe......and I agree..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 8 May - 12:22

Do bear in mind that this "story" comes from The Sun - and, if I'm not mistaken, T Wells has co-written (I use that word loosely) some of Antonella Lazzeri's hilarious McCann stories.

Pass the salt please!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 8 May - 14:58

I once attended a meeting where we were told we must not ask for "black coffee" we must ask for "coffee without milk". Every week it was something new.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 11 May - 15:54

OK, let's list the different things we can't now say and the alternatives we are allowed to say. What about also the phrases which we can't now use and the alternatives which are ok.

Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Fri 11 May - 21:28

You can't refer to people as "dwarfs", even though their medical records may state they suffer from dwarfism. It is now (unless of course it's changed again) a person of restricted growth syndrome or a vertically challenged person.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down