Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know?

+2
AnnaEsse
Keela
6 posters

Go down

How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know? Empty How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know?

Post  Keela Fri 11 May - 14:13

Gerry seems to know a lot of people who could be considered "high up". He is said to have phoned the editor of New of the World to put across his side of the farce (sorry, story). So the question is, if you were in abit of a pickle, how many people in high offices do you have on speed dial and could call . Miss Manpilly had Sky News on speed dial. Who else has?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know? Empty Re: How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know?

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 11 May - 14:20

Keela wrote:Gerry seems to know a lot of people who could be considered "high up". He is said to have phoned the editor of New of the World to put across his side of the farce (sorry, story). So the question is, if you were in abit of a pickle, how many people in high offices do you have on speed dial and could call . Miss Manpilly had Sky News on speed dial. Who else has?

My answer is none and I wonder why Miss M would want Sky News on speed dial?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know? Empty Re: How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know?

Post  almostgothic Fri 11 May - 14:35

The people I phone regularly are just regular people. People I care about or have a genuine interest in.

The McCanns and their cronies seem to have 'contacts' - to be used and to call in favours from.

I'm not that kinda gal.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 May - 15:08

The answer is certainly zero for me. I have heard stories that the McCanns had phone numbers for people like Gordon Brown but is there anything to back that up or are they forum myths? I don't understand how anyone could possibly know who they had on speed dial.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Fri 11 May - 15:24

Well remember Kate's uncle Brian Kennedy (I think it was him) said they were calling in favours.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 May - 16:12

To me, all people are "ordinary" and all can be called to account.

Hierarchy may be necessary for organisational reasons, but nobody on this earth is better (or worse) than any other.

Excluding Simon Cowell, obviously.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 May - 16:16

Is Simon Cowell in the better or worse category?! Sadly it's much easier to think of people in the worse category than the better!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 May - 16:33

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Is Simon Cowell in the better or worse category?!

Yes How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know? 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 11 May - 16:38

Realistically do you need to know more than one well connected person? Surely if he/she is well connected then the floodgates of contacts open.

Personally I know one or two (or maybe even a few) professionally but I wouldn't rely on them if "I was in a pickle"

PS none of them is Simon Cowell.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know? Empty Poor Kerry Needham...

Post  comperedna Fri 11 May - 16:39

What chance was there for a 2 million pound review of the paperwork on her son's disappearance at the expense of the taxpayer... I doubt there was much paperwork anyway... Yet it seems that Mr Gerry was easily able to put pressure on Rebekah Brooks to help continue the 'search' for Madeline, wasn't he? He was able to dangle the serialization rights of Kate's bewk in front of her. How such stuff sells newspapers! Mrs Needham knew nobody influential... no friend of a friend... of a friend...

The charm and charisma of that man GM escapes me, but not the drive, the forcefulness, and the single-minded ambition... Think big! ... Keep bashing on! What is the alternative?... Why, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Rebekah is big buddies with Sarah Brown, wife of Gordon who.... sigh... well... I've been listening to the Leverson inquiry's questioning of Ms Brooks. One thing I learned was that it has been suggested (falsely of course) that Ms Brooks told the hapless Theresa May, or maybe it was (I forget) that she had told her good friend and May's boss, the PM, that Theresa was guaranteed to be on the front page of the Sun, every day, and most unflatteringly, until the review of the abduction of Madeleine was announced.

I'm now even more convinced that the review is going no-where. I even feel sorry for DCI Redwood's being charged with carrying it out... Information from dreamers and psychics, eh? So he flags up a load of 'leads' of this type which have already been considered and properly rejected by the PJ? He can nat be seerius! He's not serious... How embarrassing! The Attorney General's office will rightly say again...' A load of opinions, possibilities and hypotheses... Give me new facts and I might agree that the case could be re-opened'... Portugal too has sent a bank-load of money down the drain on this case. Why should they send some more down on the basis of other people's fanciful ideas?...
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down