Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition - one man dead

Go down

Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead Empty Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition - one man dead

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 14 Jun - 11:28

Ah, the Arab Spring in full flower. "Tunisia: Man dies in Salafite clashes over 'un-Islamic' art exhibit," from AKI, June 13 (thanks to C. Cantoni):

Tunis, 13 June (AKI) - A 22-year-old Tunisian man has died from the injuries he sustained during violent clashes in the east Tuesday between police and Salafites angered by an art exhibition they claim offends Muslims, local website al-Sabeel reported.

Al-Sabeel named the Tunisian as Fahmi al-Aouni and said he died in clashes in the coastal city of Sousse that left 10 people injured. Clashes also took place in the capital, Tunis.

The riots came a day after the Spring of Arts exhibition in Tunis's upscale La Marsa suburb sparked an outcry from some the puritanical Salafites who say it insulted Islam.

The work that appears to have caused most fury amongst hardliners spelt out the name of God using insects.

I guess Allah didn't create insects.

Police imposed a curfew late Tuesday after thousands of Salafites rampaged in through parts of Tunis, hurling rocks and petrol bombs at police stations, a court house and the offices of secular parties....

Posted by Robert on June 13, 2012 12:52 PM | 15 Comments

http://www.jihadwatch.org/

ETA: the image below! Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead 371436

Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead Islamophobia-thumb-400xauto-12621(2)
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead Empty Re: Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition - one man dead

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jun - 12:46

Nothing surprises me any more with the antics of religious head cases of all persuasions. They can't be very sure of themselves and their faith if they let such things bother them. I can see a parallel with the antics of the extreme McCann supporters.

The photo is great. I don't know if this is an urban myth or not but I did hear that, during the protests in England over the Danish cartoons a few years ago, there were people with placards that had words to the effect of "Behead anyone who says that Islam is a religion of violence".

Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead Empty Re: Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition - one man dead

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 14 Jun - 13:03

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Nothing surprises me any more with the antics of religious head cases of all persuasions. They can't be very sure of themselves and their faith if they let such things bother them. I can see a parallel with the antics of the extreme McCann supporters.

The photo is great. I don't know if this is an urban myth or not but I did hear that, during the protests in England over the Danish cartoons a few years ago, there were people with placards that had words to the effect of "Behead anyone who says that Islam is a religion of violence".

I don't recall that one, but wouldn't be surprised if some nutter had produced it. There's lots of good ones here:

Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead 0105muslim

Prophet Mohammed is the father of Civil Rights.

Tell that to all the gays who have been hanged, people who have been slaughtered for leaving Islam, little girls forced into marriage with older men, following the example of Mohammed, who married Aisha when she was 6 and consummated the marriage when she was 9.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Islamic riots over "un-Islamic" art exhibition  - one man dead Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jun - 13:11

It does seem as if the "behead anyone etc" poster was a hoax.

http://sciencenotes.wordpress.com/2007/12/01/behead-those-who-say-islam-is-violent

The trouble is that it's hard to tell the difference between a hoaxer and a genuine nutter!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 14 Jun - 13:14

Not Born Yesterday wrote:It does seem as if the "behead anyone etc" poster was a hoax.

http://sciencenotes.wordpress.com/2007/12/01/behead-those-who-say-islam-is-violent

The trouble is that it's hard to tell the difference between a hoaxer and a genuine nutter!

When the 'religion of peace,' has followers who would kill because of a few cartoons, it's very difficult to tell!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 14 Jun - 13:24

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down