Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press

+3
chrissie
Keela
mara thon
7 posters

Go down

Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press Empty Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jul - 12:59

I was just checking out info about the mobile phone calls made by the Tapas group on Truth for Madeleine ...nothing interesting , but reading the comments this one caught my attention. Can anyone remember if Gerry actually said that?

Sarah Says:
May 28th, 2010 at 9:50 am
I have often wondered whether anyone ever picked up on what Gerry Mccann said in his first ‘speech’ to the press. He said ‘we first must do what is best for oursleves and then for Madeleine’. I remember being shocked hearing this on sky news back in 2007. First that any father would do what is best for himself first and then consider his abducted daughter’s needs after and yet now I beleive that if they Gerry and Kate are involved in Madeleine’s disappearance and tried to cover it up with a fake abduction story it is because they believed they were going to lose it all – their other children, their careers, home etc if they were to admit that there was an accidental overdose of sedative. I also remember being shocked to see that despite Kate McCann’s ‘grief’ she still managed to change her earrings, necklace, bracelets and watch almost daily including a plethora of premeditated outfits all crisply ironed. If my little girl had disappeared under those circumstances I am not sure I could even have washed for weeks let alone actually thought about my ‘look’. I do not want to think ill of them but I do feel that even if they are not guilty of her death – they are a cold unemotional couple of many many levels.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press Empty Re: Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press

Post  mara thon Wed 11 Jul - 15:15

I have never been able to find that first televised press report but I do remember well when asked if Madeleine could have got out of bed and gone wandering Gerry Mccan replied "there was no way she could have got out". Now whether he meant out of bed or out of the apartment I don't know, but I recall quite clearly saying to my OH what a strange thing to say, Madeleine was almost 4 and I'm quite sure she could have got out of bed, so what did Gerry Mccan mean?
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :
Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press Empty Re: Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press

Post  Keela Wed 11 Jul - 15:18

I strongly suspect that he meant there was no way she could have got out of bed. difficult to do when you are full of sedatives.imo
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jul - 15:34

They are both incapable of showing raw emotion , any other Parents would be inconsolable never mind setting up a Fund within days. If Gerry really did say that at the Press Interview it really does beggar belief, as does the idea of including "financial assistance to the Family" included in the Fund.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 11 Jul - 15:43

We are hoping for the best possible outcome for us.... and Madeleine.

Not sure when Gerry said this but I got it from Joana's site, some memorable quotes on there (click on the arrows top right) :

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/

ETA: Found it here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id170.html - scroll down to 6th May.

He actually said this at the Mothers Day service on 6th May!! Unbelievable!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jul - 16:10

chrissie wrote:We are hoping for the best possible outcome for us.... and Madeleine.

Not sure when Gerry said this but I got it from Joana's site, some memorable quotes on there (click on the arrows top right) :

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/

ETA: Found it here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id170.html - scroll down to 6th May.

He actually said this at the Mothers Day service on 6th May!! Unbelievable!

Thanks chrissie when you read the comments you do have to wonder how this couple passed their exams????? I found and posted the Artice about the Mccanns Lawyer.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 11 Jul - 17:49

good one panda.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  meg Wed 11 Jul - 20:17

I remember this well and was actually looking for it recently because nobody ever mentions it
and I wanted to confirm to myself that I did hear it correctly.

To say this would only make any sense if you knew your child was dead, I feel that one sentence
sums up their thought process at the time.
meg
meg
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 75
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 11 Jul - 21:03

Madeleine appears to be an addition rather than part of the family. Dr. Roberts has commented on this as it appears in many interviews -
Such as 'The twins - and Maddie - seeing her playing with her, with her -- the twins' . In early June 07 when asked by a journalist how long they were planning to stay in Portugal - 'The kids don't start school for another three years.' But Maddie was supposed to start school that August, which is something I have always found significant.

The best outcome for us - and Madeleine eh? I will remember that. Gerry's comment in first speech to the Press 303636
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down