Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claiming Benefits could become human right

5 posters

Go down

Claiming Benefits could become human right Empty Claiming Benefits could become human right

Post  Panda Fri 13 Jul - 8:23

Daily Express 13/7/2012

CLAIMING benefits could become a human right under proposals put forward by a Government panel.

If the scroungers’ charter is put into law, workshy residents could be free to sue ministers for failing to provide them with a comfort­able standard of living.

The plans to extend the controversial Human Rights Act to cover so-called socio-economic rights sparked fury last night. Politicians and campaigners hit out at the hare-brained scheme that could cost hard- working taxpayers billions.

Judges could even have the power to declare British laws invalid if they clash with European human rights legislation under the suggestions made by the Commission on a Bill of Rights. Tory MP Dominic Raab said: “The commission risks being hijacked by the human rights lobby.

“It is supposed to be looking at how to scale back the compensation ­culture that has undermined law enforcement, democratic account­ability and personal responsibility.

Although these are just proposals the implications are absolutely horrific

Priti Patel

“Instead it has churned out proposals for even more human rights. Thatwould give judges enormous power to set social policy without proper democratic accountability and cost the taxpayer a fortune.”

Earlier this week a report suggested a family of four needed an income of almost £37,000 to have a satisfactory lifestyle. The Government has imposed a £26,000-a-year benefits cap. Making up that shortfall could cost billions.

Fellow backbench Conservative Priti Patel said: “Although these are just proposals the implications are absolutely horrific.

“It is incumbent on the Government and Parliament to make sure they are not enacted otherwise it could open the door for anyone to lay claim to the British welfare state. The cost would be unsupportable.

SEARCH UK NEWS for:

“David Cameron must stand firm against any move to bring this into law.”

The commission was set up last year after Mr Cameron pledged to scrap Labour’s Human Rights Act and replace it with a UK Bill of Rights.

Despite deliberating for 15 months, the panel this week said it had not decided whether to recommend any change to the Act. But it said that, if it did opt for a Bill of Rights, it wanted to consider suggestions on whether to add yet more “human rights” which would have precedence over British laws.

Currently, judges can rule a law is incompatible with the Human Rights Act but must leave it to politicians to decide what to do next.

In a consultation paper published this week, the commission asked for comments on adding extra rights to the Act, including “socio-economic rights”. It said: “Such rights, which are found in a number of other countries, can include rights to adequate health care and housing, education, a minimum standard of living and a range of other social security entitlements.”

It also proposed giving people a right to “social security, including, if they are unable to support themselves, appropriate social assistance”.

Yesterday a spokesman for the commission said: “We have not taken a decision on whether we need a UK Bill of Rights or what it should contain. This consultation is merely seeking further public opinion on the issue.”

OPINION: PAGE 16
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Claiming Benefits could become human right Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Claiming Benefits could become human right Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Claiming Benefits could become human right Empty Re: Claiming Benefits could become human right

Post  Badboy Fri 13 Jul - 14:53

I SAW THAT AND WONDERED HOW SPAIN,ITALY AND GREECE COULD IMPLEMENT BUDGET CUTS IF SOCIAL SECURITY BECOME A HUMAN RIGHT LIKE THEY ARE THINKING,SYSTEM COULD COLLAPSE,HAS ANYONE GOT THE WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS SO I CAN GET OFF SYSTEM BEFORE IT COLLAPSES
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Claiming Benefits could become human right Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Claiming Benefits could become human right Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Claiming Benefits could become human right Empty Re: Claiming Benefits could become human right

Post  cherry1 Fri 13 Jul - 15:54

Unfortunately in many cases the government are targetting the genuine people who
are being told they can work when they clearly are not well enough to do so. Some
have committed suicide as a result of this particularly those with mental health issues.
Many are having their condition made worse by the constant worry that they may
be forced back into work before they are ready to do so. Its very sad.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 13 Jul - 16:56

A Friend of mine works for the DHSS and was telling me a while ago that a family of Pakistanis were claiming Benefits, Husband, Wife and 3 children.

They were going to have a 3 Bedroom House , Child Benefit, Rent and Council Tax Paid , and Unemployment Benefit for the Father, benefits totalling
£800 odd a month. The Father said "You forgot my Mother", my friend asked where she was and he said ," she is coming over to live with us".....I kid
you not.!!!!!

My Dentist does occasional work at a Hospital and had to give an anaesthetic to an immigrant who could not speak English. A Translator was called in
and the Bill for this was £9 for my Dentist and £247 for the Translator.

I think there should be an immediate ban on immigation unless the person has a job , I know there are many who work and support themselves but there
are also many who think Britain is a soft touch.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 13 Jul - 17:17

Panda wrote:

A Friend of mine works for the DHSS and was telling me a while ago that a family of Pakistanis were claiming Benefits, Husband, Wife and 3 children.

They were going to have a 3 Bedroom House , Child Benefit, Rent and Council Tax Paid , and Unemployment Benefit for the Father, benefits totalling
£800 odd a month. The Father said "You forgot my Mother", my friend asked where she was and he said ," she is coming over to live with us".....I kid
you not.!!!!!

My Dentist does occasional work at a Hospital and had to give an anaesthetic to an immigrant who could not speak English. A Translator was called in

I think there should be an immediate ban on immigation unless the person has a job , I know there are many who work and support themselves but there

Panda

I see you made a significant error in your post - "are also many who think Britain is a soft touch."

Britain is a soft touch.

However, your tale is not the only one I have heard recently. I weary of this country. We are not fully signed up to all these conflicting rules so why do we feel we have to instigate them. Other Members of the EU don't they just ignore these Human Rights issues.

I agree with a ban on any more immigration unless they can support themselves by working or with their own income. Other countries insist that they have a job to take up when arriving so why we don't surprises me since our unemployment figures are rising. I wonder what our MP's do when in session. Worry about their expenses I expect, certainly not how we can accommodate all these benefit seekers!
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 13 Jul - 17:33

Angelique wrote:
Panda wrote:

you not.!!!!!

Hi Angelique, this Government is clueless and the coalition is just not working . It is tough on using money to train Youngsters for jobs when the turnaround comes in the economy , yet can spend millions bailing Banks out . I was told only today about a local Jeweller who has been trading for years,buys and sells quality jewellery etc. At 11am, two foreigners walked into the shop where the middle aged Woman assistant was on her own and at gunpoint ordered her into the back room ....she was terrified. !!! Britain is becoming a cess pit for all these illegals and where I live was a middle class area not so long ago , I'm glad I am not growing up today.

Panda

I see you made a significant error in your post - "are also many who think Britain is a soft touch."

Britain is a soft touch.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 13 Jul - 17:59

[quote="Panda"][quote="Angelique"]
Panda wrote:

you not.!!!!!

Hi Angelique, this Government is clueless and the coalition is just not working . It is tough on using money to train Youngsters for jobs when the turnaround comes in the economy , yet can spend millions bailing Banks out . I was told only today about a local Jeweller who has been trading for years,buys and sells quality jewellery etc. At 11am, two foreigners walked into the shop where the middle aged Woman assistant was on her own and at gunpoint ordered her into the back room ....she was terrified. !!! Britain is becoming a cess pit for all these illegals and where I live was a middle class area not so long ago , I'm glad I am not growing up today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panda

I have said the same thing myself, glad I am not growing up in this climate of crime. My eldest son has just returned from Berlin and he always used to say to me why am I so downhearted with Britain. It's ok, why do I always see the bad things and how our culture is going down the pan. He even suggested that it was the people I mix with!!!!! Well, he certainly changed his mind after visiting Berlin. So much better, polite, clean, observing the law he was very up about Berlin. He even asked his co-travellers to stop swearing whilst in a cafe, can you believe this! Not that he swears - but they were. He now wants to move from Britain the sooner the better. He's become a member of my club!

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 13 Jul - 18:16

Yes angelieque , there has been a mass exodus of the "middle class" over the past few years, they were the ones who paid their taxes...now we have
immigrants who don't pay tax and the very wealthy who don't pay either because they use tax loopholes.!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron is dropped by his Party because they know he will not win the next Election for them.Trouble is, who is there of calibre to lead the Country out of this decline?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 13 Jul - 22:02

MY BROTHER WHO IS STUDYING LAW SAYS THAT SUCH A CLAIM ON THE HUMAN RIGHTS ACT WOULDN'T SUCCEED BECAUSE OF INCOMPATILITY?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 13 Jul - 22:32

Panda wrote:

Yes angelieque , there has been a mass exodus of the "middle class" over the past few years, they were the ones who paid their taxes...now we have
immigrants who don't pay tax and the very wealthy who don't pay either because they use tax loopholes.!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron is dropped by his Party because they know he will not win the next Election for them.Trouble is, who is there of calibre to lead the Country out of this decline?
There is no one in any of the main parties with the personality and character to put the onus where it belongs, squarely on the shoulders of those who created our nation's problems, bring them into line and claw back the vast personal fortunes these thieves have created by their fraudulent practices.
Almost everyone in Westminster is tainted (by association at the very least) with the expenses scandal and all are very likely to be aware of the exposure of the Libor rate fixing scandal, (working on the premise that Bank of England head Sir Mervyn King and then US bank official Timothy Geithner discussed concerns about Libor as early as 2008). http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18825312
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 13 Jul - 22:55

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

There is no one in any of the main parties with the personality and character to put the onus where it belongs, squarely on the shoulders of those who created our nation's problems, bring them into line and claw back the vast personal fortunes these thieves have created by their fraudulent practices.
Almost everyone in Westminster is tainted (by association at the very least) with the expenses scandal and all are very likely to be aware of the exposure of the Libor rate fixing scandal, (working on the premise that Bank of England head Sir Mervyn King and then US bank official Timothy Geithner discussed concerns about Libor as early as 2008). http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18825312

There are now 12 Banks involved , including in Japan. I watched a dispatches program last night and the Investigator discovered 3 of the 8 HRM team
tax advisors from Public Companies have Companies of their own in Guernsey, Luxembourg and the Caymen Islands. They offer advice on how to avoid Tax and halve Stamp Duty on expensive properties etc but this is considered ethical because it is Tax avoidance , not evasion....I give up.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 13 Jul - 23:12

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

I AM THINKING,NOT SURE IF RIGHT THREAD TO POST ON,IF THE FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM WITH THE ECONOMIC SYSTEM IS THAT AS THE POOR SPEND MONEY SO THEY GET POORER,THIS MEANS LESS MONEY IN THE ECONOMY,PERHAPS QE MONEY SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE POOR SO THAT THEY CAN SPEND THE MONEY BOOSTING THE ECONOMY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 13 Jul - 23:30

Badboy wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

I AM THINKING,NOT SURE IF RIGHT THREAD TO POST ON,IF THE FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM WITH THE ECONOMIC SYSTEM IS THAT AS THE POOR SPEND MONEY SO THEY GET POORER,THIS MEANS LESS MONEY IN THE ECONOMY,PERHAPS QE MONEY SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE POOR SO THAT THEY CAN SPEND THE MONEY BOOSTING THE ECONOMY.

Nice theory Badboy, but off the mark.LOL The Bank of England is lending more money to the Banks, conditional that they lend to businesses to keep them going and maybe expand which they have been reluctant to do until now. Personally, I would have opened up a special Department and lent direct to Businesses because already it is estimated that Barclays could have claims over $7 million just in America.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down