Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now that's what I call Sportsmanship

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Now that's what I call Sportsmanship Empty Now that's what I call Sportsmanship

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jul - 22:45

Bradley Wiggins currently in the lead in the Tour de France and in a good position to win proved today that he is a true Sportsman. Someone had strewn tacks on the Road and punctured the tyre of one of the riders. Bradley, in the front, when he heard what had happened stopped cycling to
wait for the rider to catch up. I hope he wins , well done Bradley. Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 463742 Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 463742
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Now that's what I call Sportsmanship Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Now that's what I call Sportsmanship Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Now that's what I call Sportsmanship Empty Re: Now that's what I call Sportsmanship

Post  wjk Mon 16 Jul - 23:10

wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Now that's what I call Sportsmanship Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Now that's what I call Sportsmanship Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Now that's what I call Sportsmanship Empty Re: Now that's what I call Sportsmanship

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jul - 23:23

Thanks wjk.... on Channel 4 News they said Wiggins was not affected but stopped the race to allow the Rider to catch up. With so much cheating in
Sport it's great to have an honourable Sportsman on the brink of winning for Britain the most gruelling cycle race , the Tour de France.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Tue 17 Jul - 21:15

Panda wrote:

Bradley Wiggins currently in the lead in the Tour de France and in a good position to win proved today that he is a true Sportsman. Someone had strewn tacks on the Road and punctured the tyre of one of the riders. Bradley, in the front, when he heard what had happened stopped cycling to
wait for the rider to catch up. I hope he wins , well done Bradley. Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 463742 Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 463742

He has been excellent so far hasn't he and overall the TdF makes great viewing although what drove someone to pull such a stupid and dangerous stunt by throwing tacks on the road I have no idea.
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Now that's what I call Sportsmanship Empty Sporting !

Post  Lioned Tue 17 Jul - 21:24

I think i'd have chucked a few more tacks down and legged it !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 17 Jul - 21:35

Some attention-seeker Fern but too cowardly to show his face. Wiggins has a rest today and interviewed on T.V. said he needed the break. If he does win, and fingers crossed he will, he will be the only British winner in the 109 yr history of the Tour de France,
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 18 Jul - 16:40

Thomas Voelker has won the Mountain stage of the Tour de France but Wiggins still holds the lead.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Wed 18 Jul - 20:06

I really don't know how they manage to keep going day in day out with very little rest days.

Have you seen just how small their seats are to start with Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 29204
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 18 Jul - 20:18

Bit tough on the old farmers !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Wed 18 Jul - 20:35

Lioned wrote:Bit tough on the old farmers !

These days the riders have so much padding inside their shorts, it looks as if they're wearing nappies Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 294124

Fairplay to them though, they are amazing. Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 307691
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 18 Jul - 22:42

It really is a test of endurance and I would love Wiggins to win , can you imagine, the first British winner in 109 years. Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 873702
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 18 Jul - 22:54

Lioned wrote:I think i'd have chucked a few more tacks down and legged it !

so it was you who did it lioned! Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 23324
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jul - 17:24

Bradley Wiggins retained the yellow jersey for a 10th day in a row after seeing off the challenge of Vincenzo Nibali.

Wiggins was put under constant pressure from Nibali as the riders worked their way up into the Pyrenees mountains on stage 16.

The Liquigas-Cannondale rider accelerated away from Wiggins and his Team Sky team-mate Chris Froome on the Col de Peyresourde, the fourth and final climb of a gruelling 197 kilmetre route.

Thomas Voeckler won the stage but Wiggins is getting closer to overall victory. He retained a 2 minute 5 second lead over Froome and a 2 minute 23 second advantage over Nibali.

The Italian is now the only realistic challenger to a British victory after defending champion Cadel Evans struggled in the mountains and finished 8 minutes six seconds behind Wiggins.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 19 Jul - 18:08

Oooh! I think he may actually do it Panda! Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 849426
Come on Bradley Now that's what I call Sportsmanship 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jul - 18:26

I'm more excited about this than the Olympics.......2 minutes, can you imagine how he must be feeling inside???? Apparently there is a team of 4 and
one guy in particular is just as good a rider as Wiggins but agreed to help Wiggins win as long as he was given the Leadership at the next Olympics.
As far as I know the most gruelling part is over so maybe they can concentrate on extending the 2 mins.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 19 Jul - 22:09

Yes, I can't get excited about the Olympics yet. Hopefully i will once it starts.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jul - 22:26

wjk wrote:Yes, I can't get excited about the Olympics yet. Hopefully i will once it starts.

I think it's the sourness of all these problems which is jeopardising the feel good factor we should have . I admit I was one who moaned about the cost
etc but as the time got nearer took more interest. Now with all these problems surfacing and the games known as "The London Olympics" instead
of British Olympics dreading to think what the opening Ceremony will be like I really am not interested.

Whoever thought Danny Boyle , an Author, would be able to reflect Britain. They should have got an Historian, various choreographers to interpret
the History of Britain.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 19 Jul - 22:42

Its all becoming totally embarrassing now, Panda, what with the threat of strikes to top it off.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jul - 22:57

wjk wrote:Its all becoming totally embarrassing now, Panda, what with the threat of strikes to top it off.

What's happening in Britain is being Broadcast around the World , my Friend in America e-mailed me to say friends of hers were coming to Britain for
the games but with all the problems surfacing especially Security and traffic, what did I think. What could I say? Just that everything would be sorted.
Britain will be the laughing stock of the World , another 1,500 soldiers today being deployed. I would like a list of the Committee Members to see how
many like "Lord" Seb Coe, a former Runner, had any experience of organising such a mammoth event. They should have had the team which organises all Royal events, the Jubilee Celebrations went off without a hitch.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 20 Jul - 6:29

It appears Britain has finally become aware that Wiggins could win the most gruelling race in the World, and be the only Brit over 100 odd years to
acheive this. Many are going over to France to be at the final stage and cheer him on. Even the French are cheering him on shouting "Allez Wiggo" as
he passes ........2 more days to go !!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 20 Jul - 6:45

By Richard Johnson, Sports News Editor

An emotional Bradley Wiggins is finally allowing himself to dream of a history-making victory in this year's Tour de France.

The Team Sky rider is now just 72 hours from becoming the first ever Brit to win the race.

He consolidated his lead after the final mountain stage - the 89 miles through the Pyrenees from Bagneres-de-Luchon to Peyragudes.

He finished Stage 17 in third place, extending his lead by 18 seconds over his nearest rival Vincenzo Nibali.

Wiggins allowed himself a little smile as he crossed the line with teammate Chris Froome, his faithful lieutenant on the punishing climbs.

The triple Olympic champion said: "At that point, the first time in this whole Tour since I've led this race, I thought 'maybe I've just won the Tour'.

"It was an incredible feeling. It really was."

He was also full of praise for Froome, whose work has helped put Wiggins on the cusp of victory.

"He has been absolutely solid the whole Tour," said Wiggins.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out you'd rather have him in your camp than someone else's. He's an incredible climber.

"He can win the Tour one day."

The final hurdle for Wiggins will be Saturday's time trial.

But as the race against the clock is his strongest discipline he must be quietly confident of confirming his place in history.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 20 Jul - 19:19

If Wiggins wins it has already been considered by many of the British Olympic team to be considered the greatest achievement and nothing can compare to this, his victory will go down in History .Who would have tnought it.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 21 Jul - 10:56

They are keeping secret the person who will light the Torch to start the Games. Here's a thought.....if Wiggins wins tomorrow let him light it.!!!

His acheivement eclipses anything previously acheived by British Athletes, even Chris ,who won 3 Gold Medals in the cycle events admits that. His
life hasn't been easy either, his Father jailed for a serious crime.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 21 Jul - 15:32

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18654555

This is a live recording of the 53.2 k race , Bradley Wiggins just about to start.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 21 Jul - 15:56

20 July 2012 Last updated at 19:34

Media Player help
.Bradley Wiggins Tour win would be historic - Sir Chris Hoy
Use accessible player and disable flyout menusFour-time Olympic gold medallist Sir Chris Hoy says that if Bradley Wiggins wins the Tour de France it will be "the greatest achievement by any British sportsperson ever".

Hoy admits he has to pinch himself when he sees Wiggins "dishing out the pain" in the mountain stages.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next