Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE

+3
matthew
tigger
Annabel
7 posters

Go down

CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE Empty CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE

Post  Annabel Sun 26 Aug - 6:21

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/342018/Cash-fears-over-Madeleine-McCann-probe

CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE

Sunday August 26,2012

By James Fielding

KATE and Gerry McCann are facing the prospect of the inquiry into their daughter Madeleine’s disappearance being halted over funding, it has been reported.

The couple are being kept briefed about the future of Operation Grange, the investigative review set up by New Scotland Yard, after comments by Met Police Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe.

He is to ask David Cameron if he wants to continue paying for the investigation, prompting suggestions it could be wound down. Mr Hogan-Howe told a newspaper: “We are still reviewing a lot of material. It is a significant amount of money and we have quite a lot of officers tied up in this. There will be a point at which we and the Government will want to make a decision about what the likely outcome is.

“The Prime Minister agreed to fund this. We have not had any pressure to say, ‘You must stop spending more than x amount’, we have received a lot of support but by Christmas I would want a very clear view of what work is outstanding and what time line there is for that.”

Madeleine vanished from her parents’ holiday villa in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007 when she was three.

The official Portuguese inquiry ended in 2008 and authorities have no plans for another.

However, at the request of Mr Cameron, the Met launched Operation Grange to investigate the little girl’s disappearance.

A total of 28 murder detectives and seven civilian staff are said to have managed to plough through about a quarter of 40,000 pieces of information, both new and old.
So far, the inquiry has cost about £2.5million and the Government has provided an open cheque.

Much of the budget has gone on sending officers to Portugal and Spain to chase leads and on translating Portuguese police files and witness statements.

Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE Empty Re: CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE

Post  tigger Sun 26 Aug - 7:33

"Have your say' is blocked for this news item........

Same with DM - no comments....

Too many anti McCann ones? CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE 25346 that's my guess. They must have whooshed hundreds on previous occasions and still ended up with plenty of negative comments - not even just from the likes of us but average readers who believe the abduction but are fed up to the back teeth with Wallace and Grommit's endless demand for public cash.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :
CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE Empty Re: CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE

Post  tigger Sun 26 Aug - 7:37

"Have your say' is blocked for this news item........

Same with DM - no comments....

Too many anti McCann ones? CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE 25346 that's my guess. They must have whooshed hundreds on previous occasions and still ended up with plenty of negative comments - not even just from the likes of us but average readers who believe the abduction but are fed up to the back teeth with Wallace and Grommit's endless demand for public cash.

They're both qualified medics, how about getting a job Kate? A profession that's very short of staff? How hard can it be.
Forgot! She already has a highly paid job now as Ambassador for lost children. So there should be enough money coming into the household to live quite comfortably, surely the monies from the Fund and the bewk haven't yet been used up? No more detectives at the moment I believe, seeing that the latest one is in jail - does remind me, where exactly did that huge advance from Transworld go Kate? Because so far it hasn't shown up in the 'transparent' accounts.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mariang Sun 26 Aug - 9:00

I really dont think that this amount of money should have been spent on a 'review' of one child that is 'missing'. Not unless Cameron is willing to spend this amount on all 'missing' children.

The amount of money that was either donated or obtained by other means by the Mccanns should have been exhausted before public money was earmarked. After all, wasnt this money that was donated by public or other means was for.....the search for Madeleine?

I am of the opinion that the outcome of the review will be that nothing new has come to light.
OR someone somewhere is going to be a scapegoat for her disappearance......without real evidence - all in my opinion of course!
mariang
mariang
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 142
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 26 Aug - 9:14

I always thought that the verdict of the SY review was written in stone from Day One - "abducted by a stranger, no parental involvement" - which would allow the fund No Stone Unturned to remain open for ever and a day, allowing for the few bleeding hearts remaining who haven't realised it's a hoax to continue contributing towards it.

It's a surprise to hear that the review may end because of a lack of funding but the result of that would be the same as above - the McCanns' fund will continue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sun 26 Aug - 15:22

Well if the review has a chance of ending because of funding,surely the McCanns & co would have to offer SY monies from their own find Madeleine fund...Gerry says that with SY review...they feel the pressure is off & feel relaxed for the first time since Madeleines dissapearance.
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun 26 Aug - 15:40

matthew wrote:Well if the review has a chance of ending because of funding,surely the McCanns & co would have to offer SY monies from their own find Madeleine fund...Gerry says that with SY review...they feel the pressure is off & feel relaxed for the first time since Madeleines dissapearance.

Maybe they will just use the opportunity of the opportunity of the SY review ending due to lack of funding to redouble efforts to get money to their own fund.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mariang Sun 26 Aug - 16:12

Who is going to put any more money into that fund though? Even the folks I speak to who cant believe that the mccanns are innocent, have had enough of hearing about their missing child, let alone donating any more money to them..... so surely the coffers will run dry?

On a different note.....I noticed the bewk in the bookshop in Bangkok airport last week......only one hardback copy in the autobiographies/true stories section........ I did move it behind a lot of other books!!!!! CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE 294124
mariang
mariang
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 142
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 26 Aug - 17:29

mariang wrote:Who is going to put any more money into that fund though? Even the folks I speak to who cant believe that the mccanns are innocent, have had enough of hearing about their missing child, let alone donating any more money to them..... so surely the coffers will run dry?

On a different note.....I noticed the bewk in the bookshop in Bangkok airport last week......only one hardback copy in the autobiographies/true stories section........ I did move it behind a lot of other books!!!!! CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE 294124

Well done on moving the "bewk" Mariang CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE 944533 CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE 294124 This is something I would do, given the opportunity.

Regarding the fund, it's a pity newspaper groups who weren't controlled by Murdoch, didn't print the details of the fund, which showed how the fund was being spent. If they had done so, a lot of people including children and pensioners, would not have sent their hard earned money to the "Gruesome Twosome." CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE 157799
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 26 Aug - 18:46

mariang wrote:I really dont think that this amount of money should have been spent on a 'review' of one child that is 'missing'. Not unless Cameron is willing to spend this amount on all 'missing' children.

The amount of money that was either donated or obtained by other means by the Mccanns should have been exhausted before public money was earmarked. After all, wasnt this money that was donated by public or other means was for.....the search for Madeleine?

I am of the opinion that the outcome of the review will be that nothing new has come to light.
OR someone somewhere is going to be a scapegoat for her disappearance......without real evidence - all in my opinion of course!

This isn't just a review into 'one child that is missing. It runs deeper than that, it has the potential to show the corruption of the media and politician's by the dark forces that operate within this company (and by them I mean the likes of PR companies and solicitor's such as Carter Ruck).
This is about fraud, cover up and the obtaining of money by deception from the general public. This is about the abuse of the inference of 'charitable' status. This is about the interference by our state with the workings of another sovereign state's police system.

This is about so much more than one child, this is about enabling our nation to understand the corruption which hides just below the surface.
This is why the review should continue, and it as heck should not be tainted with any money that has run through the greasy palms of the 'Mccanns'.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon 27 Aug - 1:11

Loopdaloop wrote:
mariang wrote:I really dont think that this amount of money should have been spent on a 'review' of one child that is 'missing'. Not unless Cameron is willing to spend this amount on all 'missing' children.

This isn't just a review into 'one child that is missing. It runs deeper than that, it has the potential to show the corruption of the media and politician's by the dark forces that operate within this company (and by them I mean the likes of PR companies and solicitor's such as Carter Ruck).
This is about fraud, cover up and the obtaining of money by deception from the general public. This is about the abuse of the inference of 'charitable' status. This is about the interference by our state with the workings of another sovereign state's police system.

This is about so much more than one child, this is about enabling our nation to understand the corruption which hides just below the surface.
This is why the review should continue, and it as heck should not be tainted with any money that has run through the greasy palms of the 'Mccanns'.

Hear Hear loopdaloop. This is NOT just about one missing child. And that is why it has kept so many of us interesting, reading and writing years down the line.

However, we'll have to reserve judgement on the review, for now. If still remains to be seen if it's not just a prop for the politicians, police, PR companies and every other part of the establishment who have participated in the farce already.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down