Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S?

+13
mossman
AnnaEsse
matthew
Justiceforallkids
fedrules
dazedandconfused
Lillyofthevalley
marxman
Wintabells
ali1966
kathybelle
Panda
quickfingers
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S? - Page 2 Empty Re: IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S?

Post  cass Wed 3 Oct - 13:27

just commented on another thread -- poor poor aprils mum -- so distressing
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S? - Page 2 Empty Re: IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S?

Post  LJC Wed 3 Oct - 13:40

Whatever the association between the parents of missing April and Mark Bridger, it does sound so far that the family are being as open and honest with the police as they can be. They are not attempting to cover up their friendship with him (former friend I should now think). I do feel that there is more to come out about his association with the Jones family but it does look so far that no matter what, this family are determined to tell the police anything that will help find their missing daughter April.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Wed 3 Oct - 14:14

mossman wrote:April's poor Mum was just about able to walk. Kate and Gerry went jogging...

Kate tells us she was told not to cry - so she didn't. There, easy as that.

I was reduced to tears watching April's mum. Reduced to amazement at the McCanns lack of any emotion whatsoever when they made their appeal. Obviously doctors don't have them.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 3 Oct - 14:27

dazedandconfused wrote:
mossman wrote:April's poor Mum was just about able to walk. Kate and Gerry went jogging...

I was reduced to tears watching April's mum. Reduced to amazement at the McCanns lack of any emotion whatsoever when they made their appeal. Obviously doctors don't have them.

A mother is a mother......does not matter what her profession is or what she is used to seeing or dealing with on a daily basis. When it is your own child it changes everything. Of course, the same is true for fathers.

I struggle to remember any parent at any press conference appearing with their hair immaculately done and co-ordinating clothes etc. Even those who were subsequently found guilty had the decency to look somewhat dishevelled and of course some have shed crocodile tears.

Kate and Gerry's lack of tears during their time in PDL is one thing, unusual, but technically possible I suppose, but I will never forget their eyes. Nothing, no true fear, panic, sadness. Gerry was only defiant and Kate worryingly blank. That for me is the difference with the McCanns and anybody else I have seen in a similar situation.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 3 Oct - 14:34

mossman wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:

A mother is a mother......does not matter what her profession is or what she is used to seeing or dealing with on a daily basis. When it is your own child it changes everything. Of course, the same is true for fathers.

I struggle to remember any parent at any press conference appearing with their hair immaculately done and co-ordinating clothes etc. Even those who were subsequently found guilty had the decency to look somewhat dishevelled and of course some have shed crocodile tears.

Kate and Gerry's lack of tears during their time in PDL is one thing, unusual, but technically possible I suppose, but I will never forget their eyes. Nothing, no true fear, panic, sadness. Gerry was only defiant and Kate worryingly blank. That for me is the difference with the McCanns and anybody else I have seen in a similar situation.

moss kinda like naughty children being caught doing the wrong thing......
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 3 Oct - 14:42

Like others I was struck my the difference between Kate McCann and April's mother at the press conference. April's mum is obviously distraught to the point where she could hardly speak. To be honest, I'm always quite uncomfortable with these appeals which don't really achieve much for the search for the missing child imo, but which no doubt boost TV audiences.

I have read on another website that Bridgers was well known to local children and kids, April included, had been playing in his SUV a few days ago. Poor April probably felt she knew him... I hope so much that little April is found alive. It's heartbreaking to see her photo and imagine her family's distress.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 3 Oct - 19:37

Another glaring difference is that the Jones' family have produced numerous photos of April, one of her even wearing the coat she disappeared in. All very recent pictures that will help the public to recognise her. Now compare that with the McCanns, who despite being on holiday and despite having friends with them who had cameras also, they managed to produce an old photograph of her with a completely different hair style and looking much younger.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 3 Oct - 22:26

Missing April has cerebral palsy and needs constant medication, it is revealed as search enters its third night

i was also born with cerebal palsy and have chonic pain and yet was mocked by bonny and co i wonder if they will call april chucky april spell like they did me?? i wouldnt put it past them or i wodner if they will say april slid down out of her mother by the ugly tree like they said about me??? hypocrites much

MailOnline - news, sport, celebrity, science and health stories

Wednesday, Oct 03 2012 12AM 20°C 3AM 22°C 5-Day Forecast
Missing April has cerebral palsy and needs constant medication, it is revealed as search enters its third night

Mark Bridger was arrested walking along a road on the edge of the town
Police release image of his Land Rover Discovery and say he was wearing camouflage gear when he was detained
The 46-year-old lifeguard was known to her family - but isn't a relative
Officers urge public to leave the searching to 'trained and skilled teams'
Police reveal another attempted abduction took place in area last month
Police are 'in no way scaling back their operation' in search for April
Fears growing for welfare of April, who suffers from cerebral palsy, irritable bowel syndrome and needs daily medication

By Stephen Wright, Paul Bentley, Rebecca Evans and Emily Allen

PUBLISHED: 23:12 GMT, 1 October 2012 | UPDATED: 21:18 GMT, 3 October 2012

Missing five-year-old April Jones suffers from cerebral palsy and irritable bowel syndrome, which requires daily medication, it emerged today.

Fears are growing for the welfare of April, who was last seen getting into a vehicle just before 7pm on Monday.

A huge manhunt in the town of Machynlleth has seen hundreds of residents scour a large area in the search for April, who also suffers from irritable bowel syndrome and will require her daily medication.

Scroll down for video
April Jones's mother Coral

Tears: In a heart-breaking appeal to the nation's media, Coral Jones, the mother of missing five-year-old April Jones, broke down as she said: 'There must be someone out there who knows where she is'
April Jones's mother Coral, with step-grandfather Dai Smith

Press conference: Mrs Jones, with step-grandfather Dai Smith said she was 'desperate' for any news as police released details of a Land Rover Discovery belonging to Mark Bridger and appealed for information

A family friend said April’s mother Coral had pleaded with her not to stop searching for April.

She added that Coral, 40, and her father Paul, 43, have been giving her hourly updates on the inquiry.

April was born with mild cerebral palsy and was due to take her regular dose of painkillers for her bowel condition, which has led to her spending time in hospital.

In a heart-breaking appeal earlier today, Coral Jones was barely able to speak through her tears as she said: 'There must be someone out there who knows where she is. We are desperate for any news, please, please help find her.'

The news comes as police took the unusual step of officially naming the man suspected of abducting her, Mr Bridger.

More...

Missing Connecticut boy, 11, found in New York City after sneaking out of his home at midnight
Mystery of children police now say are 'missing' after first presumed dead in tragic house fire
By first light there were hundreds searching. She's one of our own, they said: How a community came together in hunt for missing April
April - a bubbly little girl who is always smiling and loves to wear party dresses

Today police issued a photograph of a Land Rover Discovery belonging to Mark Bridger who has been arrested on suspicion of abduction - although officers stressed that he is one of several lines of inquiry being pursued.

April was last seen by another child getting into a vehicle near her home in the Mid Wales town of Machynlleth at about 7pm on Monday.

Former soldier Bridger, 46, who is known to April's family, was arrested yesterday afternoon and is still being questioned over her whereabouts.

Officers revealed Bridger was wearing a green camouflage jacket and waterproof trousers and was walking down the A487 on the outskirts of Machynlleth when he was detained.

In a further bid to trace potential eyewitnesses police have released a picture of a blue Land Rover Discovery, registration L503 MEP.

The vehicle is believed to belong to Mr Bridger and was recovered from a repair shop in the town yesterday.
Mark Bridger
Little girl lost: April Jones, five, vanished while playing outside near her home in the Bryn Y Gog estate in Machynlleth, Wales, on Monday night

Custody: Former soldier Bridger, 46, left, who is known to April's family, was arrested yesterday afternoon and is still being questioned over her whereabouts. April has been missing since Monday evening
The home of Mark Bridger in the sleepy village of Ceinws that police are searching in relation to the alleged abduction

The home of Mark Bridger in the sleepy village of Ceinws that police are searching in relation to the alleged abduction
Coral Jones
Coral Jones

Desperate: A tearful Mrs Jones addresses the media this afternoon and said: 'Please, please help find her'

Officers have appealed to anyone who may have seen Mr Bridger or the vehicle between 5pm on Monday and 3.30pm yesterday.

Today, Mrs Jones, who was accompanied by her stepfather, April's step-grandfather, Dai Smith, sobbed as she said: 'It's been 36 hours since April was taken from us.

'There must be someone out there who knows where she is and can help the police find her. We are desperate for any news.

'April is only five years old. Please, please, help find her.'

In a press conference held this evening Dyfed Powys Police said they had interviewed Mr Bridger twice.

The focus of the interviews with Mr Bridger has been trying to find any information about where April is, Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan said.

The senior officer would not reveal what the 46-year-old had said, to avoid jeopardising the search.

He said: 'He has been interviewed twice. Clearly, our focus in those interviews, as it is in this whole inquiry, is to find April. That is primarily what we've been discussing with him.

'What I don't want to do is compromise the investigation or any chance of finding April, so unfortunately I can't divulge exactly what he's told us so far.'

Mr Bevan said information about Mr Bridger and his blue Land Rover Discovery remains important, but there are various other leads.

He said: 'While these are clearly a significant line of inquiry, I must emphasise that there are many other leads that we are actively pursuing in an effort to find April.'

Police are 'in no way scaling back their operation' in the search for April Jones and remain 'completely focused and committed' to finding the five-year-old, officers said.

The force has received more than 400 calls since making an appeal for information earlier today and is focusing on 20 scenes including houses, outbuildings, open areas and riverbanks around Machynlleth.
A hovercraft search and rescue team broke down 100metres from its start point after its skirt was ripped apart on the River Dovey estuary

A hovercraft search and rescue team broke down 100metres from its start point after its skirt was ripped apart on the River Dovey estuary
Scouring the area: An RNLI rescue boat passes fields close to where Bridger was arrested

Scouring the area: An RNLI rescue boat passes fields close to where Bridger was arrested
A police helicopter hovers above fields as the search intensifies to find April. Police said the search was continuing to grow at quite a pace

A police helicopter hovers above fields as the search intensifies to find April. Police said the search was continuing to grow at quite a pace
Canoeists search river banks in the hope of finding the girl before it gets dark

Canoeists search river banks in the hope of finding the girl before it gets dark

Superintendent Ian John said the search for April was 'continuing to grow and grow at quite a pace'.

'This is a growing operation and in no way are we scaling back our search and we remain completely focused and committed to finding April,' he said.

The force has 100 mountain rescue volunteers, more than 100 police-trained search officers, 20 dog handlers, two boats from the RNLI, a team of kayakers and the force's marine unit taking part in the search. Three UK experts have also been drafted in to help with the hunt.

Asked what he thought the likelihood is of finding April alive, Mr John said: 'Our efforts are completely focused on doing that and we will continue to do that. I don't want to speculate and put any kind of time limit on that.'

Mrs Jones' moving appeal earlier today follows a statement last night when her and her husband Paul said: ‘Last night our lives were shattered when our beautiful little girl April, who was playing with friends, was taken from us.

‘We are devastated and our lives have stopped. Please please if you have our little girl let her come home to us.’

Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan released a new picture of Bridger this morning and appealed to anyone who had seen him to come forward, adding: 'If you have the smallest information it could be crucial to this investigation.'
A rescue team rest before continuing their hunt for missing April Jones this afternoon

A rescue team rest before continuing their hunt for missing April Jones this afternoon
Police and other professional search teams continue their efforts in the search for missing 5-year-old April Jones

Police carefully comb fields near the river for clues as to what has happened to April Jones
An RNLI Inshore Coastguard boat searches the River Dovey estuary near Aberdovey

An RNLI Inshore Coastguard boat searches the River Dovey estuary near Aberdovey
River Dovey north of Machynlleth

Rescue workers on the River Dovey north of Machynlleth search for April who hasn't been seen since Monday

Mr Bevan added earlier today: 'We are in the process of piecing together his movements and that of the vehicle from around 5pm on Monday evening through to 3.30pm Tuesday afternoon when Mark Bridger was arrested,' he said.

'He was arrested on the A487 just north of the Dyfi Bridge, walking in the direction of Machynlleth, and he was wearing a camouflage green jacket, black waterproof overtrousers and camouflage trousers beneath those.

'The Land Rover Discovery was recovered from a repair garage in the Old Station Road area of Machynlleth on Tuesday afternoon.'

Bridger's arrest happened less than an hour before a scheduled 4.30pm press conference yesterday involving April’s parents. It was postponed as a result of the development.
Mark Bridger

Vehicle: Police released a picture of Bridger's blue Land Rover Discovery, registration L503 MEP this morning
April Jones

Number plate: The registration details of the Land Rover Discovery
April Jones

Located: Mr Bridger's Land Rover Discovery was discovered in this repair shop yesterday afternoon

Meanwhile, 40 officers, dog handlers and mountain rescue teams worked through the night to find April but to no avail.

Superintendent Ian John of Dyfed Powys Police warned of the 'challenging conditions' facing search and rescue teams and asked members of the public to leave today's search to 'members of our trained and skilled teams'.

Mr John said police and a mountain rescue team had carried out 'systematic and methodical' searches around Machynlleth throughout the night.

He said: 'I need people to know it is a rural environment, very challenging conditions out there. The weather yesterday wasn't great and I don't think the forecast is very good for today.
Siblings: April is pictured here on the right with her brother Harley, 10, (middle) and sister Jasmine, 16, (left)

Siblings: April is pictured here on the right with her brother Harley, 10, (middle) and sister Jasmine, 16, (left)
Appeal: Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan released a new picture of Bridger this morning and a picture of his blue Land Rover Discovery which was recovered from a repair shop in the town yesterday afternoon

Appeal: Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan released a new picture of Bridger this morning and a picture of his blue Land Rover Discovery which was recovered from a repair shop in the town yesterday afternoon

'The River Dyfi is in flood and we really do need to manage the risk of everybody there, not only the police officers, the mountain rescue team, but we are extremely concerned about large numbers of members of the public going into what I have said are very challenging conditions.

'So what I am asking really is, notwithstanding the great support and the commitment that people want to show in helping us to find April, can we please leave this now to the trained and skilled people that we have.

'I don't want those officers to be distracted by the well-intentioned and enthusiastic support,' he added.

Members of the RNLI from Aberdovey have been drafted in to help with the search for April

Members of the RNLI from Aberdovey have been drafted in to help with the search for April
Mark Bridger

Arrest: Mark Bridger, who is known to April's family, has been interviewed twice by police
Machynlleth viewed looking north
Machynlleth: April's home is on the terrace of houses to the centre left of the picture and the garages where she was last seen are believed to be on the bottom centre

Machynlleth: April's home is on the terrace of houses to the centre left of the picture and the garages where she was last seen are believed to be on the bottom centre
ANOTHER ATTEMPTED ABDUCTION IN AREA DURING LAST FORTNIGHT

Police today confirmed they were investigating another attempted abduction near Machynlleth in the last fortnight - but said it involved a ‘different coloured vehicle’ to the current case.

It is understood that a boy had been the victim of that incident, but had escaped unhurt.

Police Supt Ian John said: ‘Thankfully this a very rare case and we are still hopeful we can find April safe and bring her home.’

Mr John said experience suggested any breakthrough in the search for the missing five-year-old would be at a local level.

He said some of the key areas may be re-visited today and added that the search is still centred on the Machynlleth area. Efforts will concentrate on potentially dangerous areas of deep woodland and the River Dyfi around Machynlleth.

Mr John said the results of the forensic examination of Mr Bridger's vehicle had been 'fast-tracked'.

April was last seen by another child getting into a grey vehicle at about 7pm on Monday.
Police and other professional search teams continue their efforts in the search for missing 5-year-old

Police and other professional search teams continue their efforts in the search for missing five-year-old

Police and other professional search teams continue their efforts in the search for missing 5-year-old

Search teams in high visibility outfits look for any clues in fields which may lead to April's whereabouts

There was no evidence of a struggle, prompting speculation that April knew the driver.

Once April had been reported missing a 12-mile stretch of road was closed off outside the 2,000-strong market town as police scoured the countryside.

As the sun began to set yesterday there was growing pessimism that April would be found safe. Specialist family liaison officers were comforting her parents and elder sister and younger brother.
Possession: Pictured is what is believed to be April's bicycle outside her house. She was said to have been playing with her bicycle when abducted

Possession: Pictured is what is believed to be April's bicycle outside her house. She was said to have been playing with her bicycle when abducted
Searching far and wide: A digital billboard in Swiss Cottage, London, displays a public appeal for missing April

Searching far and wide: A digital billboard in Swiss Cottage, London, displays a public appeal for missing April

April’s godmother Mair Raftree, 41, from Aberystwyth, who has helped with the efforts to find her, added: ‘She’s a quiet girl, and an important member of her family. She would never go with anybody and ask for a lift. We just want her back safely.’

Neighbours on the quiet former council estate of Bryn-y-Gog, from where April was taken, were in shock.

They described 43-year-old Mr Jones and his 40-year-old wife as ‘stunned and devastated’. Mathew Harris, 22, who lives on the estate, said: ‘The general feeling is one of disbelief – nobody can take it on board.

Road blocks: Police are checking all vehicles moving in and out of the area

Road blocks: Police are checking all vehicles moving in and out of the area
Machynlleth,Powys, Mid Wales

A general view of the market town of Machynlleth, Powys, Mid Wales where the search for April is underway

‘I was born and grew up on this estate and remember what it was like as a kid. Everyone played with everyone else.’

Police said a seven-year-old female friend saw April ‘willingly’ get into a vehicle. At the time of her disappearance, April was wearing a purple knee-length coat with grey fur around the hood, her school white polo top and black trousers.
COMMUNITY SEARCHES TOGETHER

In wet and difficult conditions, hundreds of volunteers from Machynlleth yesterday pulled together to help with the huge search.

More than 200 locals with torches gathered within an hour of an appeal last night to begin, until that search was halted at midnight.

But the community has continued combing the town of Machynlleth and nearby fields since restarting the search at first light this morning.

They were split into groups for different areas consisting of 20 people and led by an expert.

Lori Raitt, 48, who has lived in the area for eight years, said: ‘This is my community. This is my village. You can't just sit at home watching it on the news. I had to come and help.’

The town's leisure centre was used as a base and bin men downed their tools for the day.

Petrol station owner Nerys Zjalic said she reopened her garage to help out.

April’s mother and father had been at a parents’ evening at her primary school on the evening she was snatched. They also have a ten-year-old son, Harley, at the school.

The couple were yesterday offered support by missing Madeleine McCann’s parents Kate and Gerry.

Locals said Bridger is a former swimming pool attendant who is well known in the area.

One neighbour said: 'Everyone around here knows Mark Bridger - he's a well-known face in the town.

'He used to work as a lifeguard but not at the leisure centre in the town. It is very worrying the police have [arrested] him but they are still searching for April.

'We've heard tyre marks were found on the river bank at a spot where vehicles don't normally go - especially this time of year.'

Yesterday April's parents were said to be 'beside themselves with worry'. A neighbour said: 'She is the apple of her parents' eyes - in Welsh we call her “cariad bach”, a little darling. They are lovely people.’

As details of April's abduction emerged on Monday, an entire community came together - with hundreds of volunteers pitching in to take part in a police search.

Roadblocks were set up and a 25-mile radius search was launched, while officers spoke to the friend of April’s who she had been playing with and who was the only witness to the alleged abduction.

The bid to trace the youngster also took to cyberspace - with thousands joining a group on Facebook and the issue becoming a trending topic on Twitter.
Terrible time: Officers were comforting the girl's distressed parents Coral, 40, and Paul, 43, who were said to be 'beside themselves with worry'

Terrible time: Officers were comforting the girl's distressed parents Coral, 40, and Paul, 43, who were said to be 'beside themselves with worry'

More than 200 local people with torches gathered at the town's leisure centre within an hour of an appeal on Monday night.

A search was stood down at midnight but people returned yesterday morning to resume.

Machynlleth is in the Dyfi Valley and sits on the southern outskirts of the mountainous Snowdonia National Park, making searches in the dark difficult.
Checking everything: Searches are conducted in the streets surrounding missing April Jones's home

Tuesday: Searches are conducted in the streets surrounding missing April Jones's home
Joining together: Reports said those taking part in the search were told not to pick up any piece of child's clothing they discovered, in case it yielded key forensic clues

Joining together: Reports said those taking part in the search were told not to pick up any piece of child's clothing they discovered, in case it yielded key forensic clues. This picture was taken yesterday

Members of the public taking part were told not to pick up any piece of child's clothing they discovered, in case it yielded key forensic clues.

Police led house to house enquiries as officers trawled through CCTV footage.

A neighbour, Gwyn Briwnant-Jones, 55, said April - who has a 16-year-old sister and a 10-year-old brother - comes from a loving home, and ‘most of the town’ has been looking for her.

Watching: Police at the scene on the Bryn-y-Gog Estate in Machynlleth, Wales, where the alleged abduction took place

Watching: Police at the scene on the Bryn-y-Gog Estate in Machynlleth, Wales, where the alleged abduction took place
5 year old April Jones from Machynlleth in Mid Wales.
APRIL JONES, 5 AND UNKNOWN FAMILY MEMBER

Disappeared: Police said that April was wearing a purple knee-length coat with grey fur around the hood (seen left), and a white polo shirt. She was said by family friends to be pictured (right) with her father, Paul, 43
Where is she? April was last seen by another child, getting into a grey or light-coloured van which drove off
Where is she? April was last seen by another child, getting into a grey or light-coloured van which drove off

Where is she? April was last seen by another child, getting into a grey or light-coloured vehicle

Tony Graham, 68, from Dolgellau, was wearing a wax jacket and carrying a long staff after a day spent in a team searching the surrounding hills and forests.

'I came down this morning after I heard what had happened on the radio. I just couldn't sit there. We did a fairly thorough search - there was more than 20 of us in my group and we were looking through bracken and forestry.

'It was very difficult. I know the area but I think everybody here today has become part of this community because of what is happening.'
Her house: April's home (far left with bicycle) in Machynlleth, Wales. She had been playing with a friend nearby

Her house: April's home (far left with bicycle) in Machynlleth, Wales. She had been playing with a friend nearby

Police were initially slow to co-ordinate the volunteers into search teams and that led to a feeling of frustration, Mr Graham said.

'I just feel for her parents,' he continued. 'I just cannot put myself in their shoes. It is a really strange thing to happen around here because this is a very close community and everybody knows everybody. Everybody looks out for everybody.'

David Rowlands, 30, from Carno, joined the search when his friend Marcus Canning, 42, put out an appeal on Facebook.

He spoke of the downbeat feeling of the volunteers after their fruitless searches. 'Everybody has been doing their bit and trying to help. We are all shocked and we just hope she is okay,' he said.

Yesterday's April's young friend gave police vital clues in the search for the missing girl.

Superintendent John said: ‘We are treating the witness with a great deal of sensitivity and specialist officers trained to deal with children are slowly and precisely interviewing the young girl.

‘They were playing in a small group of children originally but just two of them were there when April went into the van. They were playing very, very closely to the house at the time.’

Pictured: A large number of officers and specialist teams are investigating April's (centre) disappearance. The identities of the other two people in the photo are not known

Pictured: A large number of officers and specialist teams are investigating April's (centre) disappearance. The identities of the other two people in the photo are not known

Family friend and local businessman Phil Garrod said both of his young girls were at a birthday party with April at the weekend - less than 48 hours before she was allegedly abducted.

‘My youngest is in the same class at school. Where she lives is where all the children play together. It's a safe environment, all the properties look onto where the children play.

‘They are a normal family, lovely people. Her dad used to own a hardware shop in the town but that was a few years ago. One of the pictures we are using is of April on the shoulders of her father.

‘It’s terrible that we are using such a happy picture to help find a missing girl. There are hundreds of people waiting here to go out there. People have been up through the night and won't give up.’
Missing: April Jones, 5, was last seen getting into a stranger's van at about 7pm on Monday

Missing: April Jones, 5, was last seen getting into a stranger's van at about 7pm on Monday

Local resident Lynne Thomas, 39, said yesterday: ‘I've been up through the night. I only slept for an hour at 8am this morning.

'We went out looking as soon as we heard about it online.'

Mr Briwnant-Jones, the neighbour, added: ‘April’s mother knew she was playing with another little girl and when she didn’t come home she went to the other girl’s house to look for her.

‘That’s when the girl said April had been taken in a van. They’re a lovely family (and) haven’t had any problems that I know of.’

A Dyfed-Powys Police spokesman said: 'While the details of what happened are vague at the current time, it appears the suspect left the scene and drove off with April.

'At the time of her disappearance, April was wearing a purple knee-length coat with grey fur around the hood, her school white polo top and black trousers.

'Many police officers and specialist teams have worked through the night, with extensive searches taking place, and many lines of inquiry are being pursued.'

Restaurant owner Razul Islam said neighbours saw the youngster playing outside her doorstep before she vanished.

Petrol station owner Nerys Zjalic said she had reopened her garage to help with the search.

Mrs Zjalic, who knows the missing girl's family, said people had been coming from far and wide to help with the search, and ‘nothing will be the same again’ in the town, following the incident.
April Jones

Graphic maps the search for missing April Jones
Graphic locates Machynlleth in Wales where a girl is missing

County councillor Michael Williams, who also joined in the search efforts, said: 'People were co-ordinated by the police and as well as searching the town they went out into forested areas of the valley and wooded areas and out into hamlets and byroads.'

Speaking about April's relatives, he added: 'They are such a lovely, caring family and they are devastated.

'The community is shocked and stunned over what's happened.'

Councillor Williams said April's parents were 'a really nice young couple’ who recently helped to create a garden on their estate with fruit trees.

April's mother worked for Laura Ashley in nearby Aberystwyth.

‘This a really close knit community,' Councillor Williams added. 'The whole village is sad. Nothing like this has ever happened before.’

The way in which the town pulled together also saw refuse collections suspended and local binmen down tools yesterday, so they could help volunteers with the search effort.

Powys County Council said the town's leisure centre is still being used as a 'co-ordination centre' in the search operation and all planned school swimming sessions had been cancelled.

Council officials are also providing support for staff and classmates at April's school - Machynlleth Primary - though lessons were going ahead as usual.
SEARCH FOR APRIL GOES NATIONAL

A picture of April will be on digital billboards across the UK with a message urging anyone with information to call the Child Rescue Alert helpline on 0300 2000 333 or the charity Missing People in confidence on 116 000.

Martin Houghton-Brown, the charity's chief executive, said: 'Whilst abduction is very rare, when it happens, everyone must work together - the police, charities and the media.

'This digital billboard campaign is just one strand of that partnership. We sincerely hope that April is found safe and well very soon.'

Anyone with details on April's disappearance should contact the police on 0300 2000 333

Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 4 Oct - 13:09

One thing I have noticed, is that there seem to be lots of people who know the family speaking out, her head teacher, neighbours, friends, parents of children at April's school.

I don't recall this regarding the McCanns.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Oct - 13:12

Yes, I've noticed that. I commented elsewhere that the media can't have paid people enough to say how wonderful the McCanns are!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 4 Oct - 18:21

Theres a fund
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 4 Oct - 22:54

JFAK IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S? - Page 2 306321 - I really do not know what to say to you. Those people are truly not normal, I do not think they have ever written a single kind word about anybody, other than the McCanns. So you know what, if I were you, I would be more worried if they were being kind to you, then you know you are in very bad company. One thing I truly believe in is karma, so hang in there, you are guaranteed to have the last laugh.

Was interested to see David Cameron was able to speak for himself about April. No spokesperson for him. Not at the same level as my friends the McCanns.

The fund and the ribbons are starting to freak me out a little.

It is so hard to know what to think about this. I just hope to god they have the correct man in custody - for his sake.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 4 Oct - 23:00

chrissie wrote:One thing I have noticed, is that there seem to be lots of people who know the family speaking out, her head teacher, neighbours, friends, parents of children at April's school.

Yes, I thought that was odd: no parents of Madeleine's friends; no neighbours; no work colleagues.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 4 Oct - 23:08

AnnaEsse wrote:
chrissie wrote:One thing I have noticed, is that there seem to be lots of people who know the family speaking out, her head teacher, neighbours, friends, parents of children at April's school.

Yes, I thought that was odd: no parents of Madeleine's friends; no neighbours; no work colleagues.

They moved around a lot also, didn't they ? I would need to go back to the book to see what is said about where they went and how long they stayed in each place, but I seem to remember them spending short periods of time in different places. The people we know them to be friendly with - the tapas - were not local to their area, so who, if anybody, were they friendly with on a day to day basis.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 4 Oct - 23:30

matthew wrote:Theres a fund

I know! A fund is being set up for Aprils family. IS MADELEINE'S DISAPPEARANCE VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF APRIL'S? - Page 2 87849
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 5 Oct - 10:04

I was watching the news with my 16 year old last night and he immediately said 'What do they need a fund for?'
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 5 Oct - 10:26

chrissie wrote:I was watching the news with my 16 year old last night and he immediately said 'What do they need a fund for?'

The difference is the Council have set it up. This family will most certainly need a fund. I should think if they had jobs, they will be unable to go, if they have bills to pay they will need help, if their gas and electricity is on more now because they are at home waiting for news, they will need help to pay these types of bills. I do not know what their personal circumstances are but surely their lives have come to a standstill, which means their finances might have come to a standstill as well, depending on the types of jobs they do and whether or not they get sick pay. But even employers these days do not have bottomless pits either and they may find it a struggle to indefinitely keep paying out wages to a couple who do not turn up for work because they are simply unable to. They do not look like rich people, they look like normal working class parents who have to try hard to keep their children well clothed and ensure their children have the things other people's children have, like days out, holidays, books, etc.

And what of their extended family? They have probably missed loads of days away from work too.

However, if the fund goes out of all proportion I doubt even they would know what to do with so much money.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 5 Oct - 10:57

i agree that this fund run by the council is a good thing -- they might be self employed too -- no work no money --- no doubt the small village is running around doing the best they can to help in whatever way they can -- they wont be able to function i wouldnt amagine -- so things like looking after the other family members would be hard -- example other kids -- and when this is all over they might nt be well enough to return to work --- at the min my feelings on this fund is that its genuine and will be used for genuine needs -- not hair - nails trips away that kind of thing -- with this kind of fund people will be more inclined to give too -- folks have have been duped by other ongoing funds
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 5 Oct - 11:09

Breaking news is that Mark Bridger is being held on suspicion of murder and police are now looking for a body.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2