Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The affair is not going well with the McCanns

+5
Oldartform
marxman
Bobsy
Lioned
Lillyofthevalley
9 posters

Go down

The affair is not going well with the McCanns Empty The affair is not going well with the McCanns

Post  Panda Fri 19 Oct - 20:46

Great minds think alike......didn't I post a thread saying the McCanns have been notably absent lately?The affair is not going well with the McCanns 25346

Excellent ArticleThe affair is not going well with the McCanns 944533.

The Blacksmith Bureau

Wednesday, 19 September 2012

“The affair is not going well with the McCanns”

The affair is not going well with the McCanns Run1_thumb%25255B2%25255D
Running for their lives

Heard much from the parents lately? No, we haven't either.

Gosh, things have changed a bit since early 2011, haven’t they? That was when the McCanns were glorying in the reception of “the book” and the possibility that they might both eventually become national treasures, bathed in a glow of approbation that had last been reached in summer 2008. My, my.

Not that fame, private jets, the Pope’s personal blessing, and an overflowing fund on which they could draw for private expenditure whenever they wished,* had turned our Kate's head: you could tell she was still sweet Kate Healy from a paragraph on page 365 of Madeleine :

“It may be suggested that in criticizing individuals and organizations involved in the investigation we are merely seeking someone to blame because Madeleine hasn’t been found. This isn’t true. If we had allowed ourselves to be consumed by bitterness, we wouldn’t have survived this far. What’s done is done, and we are not interested in looking for scapegoats…”**

Do it – or else!

At that point Kate McCann felt secure and strong enough to issue this hardly-veiled threat to the British government:“If a review is declined, or indeed if no decision is ever made, we will be left with no alternative but to seek disclosure of all information possessed by the authorities relating to Madeleine’s disappearance. In the absence of any other active investigation, it must surely be in Madeleine’s best interests that we and our team are given access to records that will otherwise just sit there gathering dust.”

Anyway, as we know, nice Mr Cameron gave her everything she wanted. In fact he gave her more, because the terms of the remit included the right to further investigation as well as review, something the Yard itself acknowledged was very unusual.

And, since March, we've learned that the British and Portuguese police added even more gifts – a review squad in Portugal itself and close liaison between the teams, in other words a joint investigation. For some reason they didn't tell the McCanns about it, even though their spokesman had said that the couple, "were being kept fully informed" about the course of the review.

Goodness, what riches they’ve been granted!

The affair is not going well with the McCanns Wheezing%25255B18%25255D

Running out of breath

Running out of breath

But this complete acceptance of their demands and the extra cream on top hasn’t made them arrogant, any more than Kate’s experiences made her look for scapegoats. On the contrary, all that bossiness has been bleeding away now for about a year. Not only are they not making threats to politicians anymore, or claiming that they're in the loop, but the Team McCann PR initiatives, the ones that conquered the world as well as Lord Justice Leveson, have dwindled from about three a month since 2008 to almost zero today.

It's only been scraps for a year now, apart from the cold lunch in early March 2012 about the Oporto revelations—and that stemmed mainly from their defence lawyer, not Clarence and Gerry. Sad little items suggesting that the Yard were in Spain taking Metodo seriously in 2011; occasional left hooks in the Mirror against the libellous Amaral. Walk-on parts in the Holy Memorial Day celebrations; crumbs from the table in the shape of Kate’s appointment to a charity and photographs of the pair, most appropriately, running for their lives, one underweight, the other wheezing, in more charity events.

Why, with Andy Redwood making it absolutely clear that a “stranger” abducted the child and that 195 leads to that abductor are lined up like ducks in a gallery just waiting to be shot, isn't it time for triumphant Team McCann packaged media stories to appear all over the place announcing that “Kate and Gerry are finally cleared” by Scotland Yard? An appearance by stout, unaccompanied Philly McCann*** at the Notting Hill carnival, celebrating their vindication? Or for blanket coverage of the fact that the archiving summary conclusions have been “confirmed” by UK police? They could even give a special to Lori Campbell of the Mirror, reminding everyone that the review is achieving just what they hoped.

Granted most of their chums in the press who used to work with them so enthusiastically are now on bail or under arrest, like Lovely Lori's partner; granted also that their faithful News of the World is unavailable for package deals, by virtue of being dead. But they can't be the reasons, surely.
Beyond the Jeers

It’s not as though they’d be doing anything wrong in trumpeting their exoneration, even though the review is still in progress. And having had their “innocence demonstrated” at the end of April they having nothing to fear from anyone. And if, for some strange reason, none of this open celebration is appropriate, surely they could have got David Smith of the Times, who hasn't been arrested, to do one of his celebrated Gerry & Kate – Beyond the Fears routines, you know the sort of thing:

"For a year now Kate & Gerry have bitten their lips and stayed silent as the Scotland Yard review which they established has gone about its work. Of course wild and untrue rumours have circulated that the British and Portuguese police have been going through their evidence line by line and are almost ready to re-interview their seven friends. But, as Kier Simmons has already demonstrated for ITV, these scurrilous lies are like the last dregs of an ancient but undrinkable New Zealand white wine – full of wind and bitterness. Now, having had their innocence demonstrated, they have spoken.Much has to be withheld still to avoid alerting the abductors but the couple can finally give us an idea how the review is justifying all their efforts, all their agonies, all their heartbreak, all their suffering, all their loyalty to a still missing child, [Ed. Use whichever one of these you feel is right.DS] …"

Nope. Silence.

Dignified silence?

What sort of silence, do you think it is? Strong confident silence? Dignified – not a word one normally associates with the McCanns – silence? Stoic – another word that hardly springs to the lips about the couple—silence? Determined-not-to-interfere-with-the-course-of-justice silence?

Or is it the other sort of silence, the sort you might expect under different circumstances, perhaps when affairs aren’t going too well with you and you're frozen like a fucking rabbit in the headlights?

As Kate McCann famously said, who knows?

The affair is not going well with the McCanns Run3_thumb%25255B5%25255D

Running out of time

References

*3.13 of the articles of association, May 15 2007: "to provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family"

** As demonstrated by all her references to Goncalo Amaral (there were sixty of them), the “dishevelled” Neves, (27), the “out of their depth” GNR officers Twinkledee and Twinkledum of the GNR, the “staggering” and “interfering” PJ police interpreter (page 239) , the appalling PJ officers who walked past her as if she didn’t exist (page 89) the “terrifying” PJ officer with his “life-threatening” driving (page 92) .

His colleagues who “sent her on her way” after “ten minutes of torture” (page 92), the Portimao PJ, who after failing to put Kate through to an officer she wished to speak to, made her feel “caged and demented” , “screaming , swearing and lashing about” (page 96), PJ Inspector Encarnacao , who “had joined the PJ in 1973, a year before the dictatorship was overthrown” and made her “uncomfortable” as well as “insulting her intelligence” while his officers “wasted precious time” (pages 98 and 155).

The British family liaison police officers who were unwise enough to tell Kate that “they’d had a frustrating day” to which she responded by “raging” and the threat of an ultimatum (page 114), the staff at Lisbon airport whose fault was their failure to put up posters of the child, leaving her “dismayed” and in tears, the “incredibly insensitive” and “unfair” PJ officers who stated that the McCanns and their friends had contaminated the crime scene, leaving her “livid” and demanding redress via the British ambassador and others (page 185), all of the the UK police, for failing to speak out against the PJ, (page 302), Rebelo whose requests for a reconstruction turned “brusque” (page 303), Leicester police and their commanders, of course (page 316) who left the pair, once again, “staggered”, and the entire police and prosecution system in Portugal as revealed by her reading of the newly released files. No bitterness, no scapegoats there then.

***Nobody else could fit on the float.

at
17:18 The affair is not going well with the McCanns Icon18_edit_allbkg

Newer Post Older Post Home
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
The affair is not going well with the McCanns Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The affair is not going well with the McCanns Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

The affair is not going well with the McCanns Empty Re: The affair is not going well with the McCanns

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 19 Oct - 21:18

Good find Panda....well Ive said a couple of times over the last few weeks the silence is very odd, its as if something is about to happen The affair is not going well with the McCanns 29204
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
The affair is not going well with the McCanns Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The affair is not going well with the McCanns Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

The affair is not going well with the McCanns Empty Re: The affair is not going well with the McCanns

Post  Panda Fri 19 Oct - 21:43

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Good find Panda....well Ive said a couple of times over the last few weeks the silence is very odd, its as if something is about to happen The affair is not going well with the McCanns 29204

Hi Lillyofthevalley, it was actually on the same thread that Annabel posted, yes, I think it is very interesting, first time Iv'e known Blacksmith swear.The affair is not going well with the McCanns 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Fri 19 Oct - 23:47

I`m surprised not to see a certain fella amongst the runners smoking a large cigar.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Oct - 0:19

Oldartform wrote:I`m surprised not to see a certain fella amongst the runners smoking a large cigar.

Hi Oldartform.....your'e not thinking of the ghost of Jimmy are you.?The affair is not going well with the McCanns 294124He's the only one I can think of who smoked a large cigar.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Oct - 9:25

I like this bit.......Blacksmith captures everything about the McCanns in this article with humour.The affair is not going well with the McCanns 294124

"What sort of silence, do you think it is? Strong confident silence? Dignified – not a word one normally associates with the McCanns – silence? Stoic – another word that hardly springs to the lips about the couple—silence? Determined-not-to-interfere-with-the-course-of-justice silence?

Or is it the other sort of silence, the sort you might expect under different circumstances, perhaps when affairs aren’t going too well with you and you're frozen like a fucking rabbit in the headlights?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 20 Oct - 11:42

Got to get over this idea that the mccanns are supposed to be keeping us updated as to their whereabouts and that there must be something going on if they dont.
Personally if i never see them again it will be too soon,apart from the sight of them being dragged off in handcuffs that is.
I have to say that Scotland Yard should have come to some kind of conclusions by now.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sat 20 Oct - 11:50

Lioned wrote:Got to get over this idea that the mccanns are supposed to be keeping us updated as to their whereabouts and that there must be something going on if they dont.
Personally if i never see them again it will be too soon,apart from the sight of them being dragged off in handcuffs that is.
I have to say that Scotland Yard should have come to some kind of conclusions by now.

I just cannot wait for the Breaking News, that they are taken in for questioning after a dawn raid at Rothley Towers. Hmmmmm, in my dreams I know The affair is not going well with the McCanns 868596
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sat 20 Oct - 12:29

I know its an illusion but the photo of Gerry
running on his own looks like he has a walking
stick! The affair is not going well with the McCanns 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 20 Oct - 12:39

marxman wrote:I know its an illusion but the photo of Gerry
running on his own looks like he has a walking
stick! The affair is not going well with the McCanns 25346

Looks like a white stick to me.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 20 Oct - 12:42

Lucky for him that there were no police around to mistake it for a samurai sword.

The affair is not going well with the McCanns 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sat 20 Oct - 12:46

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Lucky for him that there were no police around to mistake it for a samurai sword.

The affair is not going well with the McCanns 23324

More like a Bic razor! (look closely at his hand)
and his white stick.
I like the fact that everyone has their backs to
him. The affair is not going well with the McCanns 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Oct - 12:56

I would like to see some kind of closure on this case and maybe this is why the silence is deafening??? I know it sounds heartless but all three disappearances , Madeleine, Ben and now April will give us plenty to chew on. My Son says he never checked out the info I sent , he thinks I am a Ghoul I'm sure and that I have nothing better to do with my time.

')" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">The affair is not going well with the McCanns 645452
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sat 20 Oct - 13:06

Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:I`m surprised not to see a certain fella amongst the runners smoking a large cigar.

Hi Oldartform.....your'e not thinking of the ghost of Jimmy are you.?The affair is not going well with the McCanns 294124He's the only one I can think of who smoked a large cigar.

yes ... not sure when the jogging photos were taken so can`t say whether JS was a ghost then or not The affair is not going well with the McCanns 294124
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 20 Oct - 14:10

SY prob have come to a conclusion, even before the review ....the conclusion the Mccanns tell them to come to.

Does anyone remember a video off the Mccanns just before they did a run and saw who was in the line up but as soon as the tape went up to start...he dodged out off the way.

It was uncle 'give us your money for legal fees' brian.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Oct - 14:12

Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:

yes ... not sure when the jogging photos were taken so can`t say whether JS was a ghost then or not The affair is not going well with the McCanns 294124

With that sagging mouth , our Gerry doesn't look very happy does heThe affair is not going well with the McCanns 23324

I never read Kate's first book or the add-on 29? pages which was a fraud for the second book, but it is apparent from Dr. Martin and Blacksmith we have a very good idea of Kate's petulance.

What do you reckon will be the subject for the 3rd Tome, due out in April?????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 20 Oct - 15:47

Lioned wrote:Got to get over this idea that the mccanns are supposed to be keeping us updated as to their whereabouts and that there must be something going on if they dont.

195 leads weren't there? Say one a week, they've still a 160 or so to go - then there's all those psychic leads as well!
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 20 Oct - 15:48

Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:

With that sagging mouth , our Gerry doesn't look very happy does heThe affair is not going well with the McCanns 23324

I never read Kate's first book or the add-on 29? pages which was a fraud for the second book, but it is apparent from Dr. Martin and Blacksmith we have a very good idea of Kate's petulance.

They announced as early as around May 2008 they were going to write a book about - wait for it! 'Their year of hell!' Not 'the situation Madeleine finds herself in' but all about these two poor babes in the woods.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Oct - 18:06

tigger wrote:
Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:

They announced as early as around May 2008 they were going to write a book about - wait for it! 'Their year of hell!' Not 'the situation Madeleine finds herself in' but all about these two poor babes in the woods.

KATE CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!! Who used to say that??The affair is not going well with the McCanns 294124 All I can say is the Woman has no shame, the second book was a con, just several new pages on the same theme added to Book !.....expect Book three to have a few more pages added to Book 2. Well the second Book didn't make the Top Sellers list and the price quickly discounted so I doubt it will win the Booker Prize.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 20 Oct - 18:22

Panda wrote:
tigger wrote:
Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:

KATE CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!! Who used to say that??The affair is not going well with the McCanns 294124 All I can say is the Woman has no shame, the second book was a con, just several new pages on the same theme added to Book !.....expect Book three to have a few more pages added to Book 2. Well the second Book didn't make the Top Sellers list and the price quickly discounted so I doubt it will win the Booker Prize.

The paperback wasn't on the supermarkets' shelves for very long, but those stores only stock the top sellers.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Oct - 18:33

I think Kate fancies herself as another JK Rowling , yes, I suppose her Books too deal with fantasy , but JK has a marvellous imagination and her books have so many different characters. Kate, with the help of Gerry , only manages 2 central characters and a tendency to be self absorbing.The affair is not going well with the McCanns 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 20 Oct - 18:40

Panda wrote:I think Kate fancies herself as another JK Rowling , yes, I suppose her Books too deal with fantasy , but JK has a marvellous imagination and her books have so many different characters. Kate, with the help of Gerry , only manages 2 central characters and a tendency to be self absorbing.The affair is not going well with the McCanns 23324

Giving a little too much information as well, apart from page 129 there is the bit of her sex life taking a dive, one simply doesn't like to go there......

Blacksmith called it the longest suicide note in history - it certainly reveals a lot more than Ms. Healy thinks.

After the big fanfare with Panorama and SY - a bunch of interviews and nothing. Even her ambassadorial role is hardly mentioned in the press. As early as January 2008 the press reported Healy was to give up work permanently and would be looking for an ambassadorial job to do with lost children.
Took her nearly five years to get it and it's nothing to write home about either.

No, the silence is deafening.

If she's writing a third book it may be the one about their year of hell and she can safely dispense with having to mention any children at all. We could have lots of photographs - can't imagine what she might be writing about.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Oct - 19:21

Nor I tigger.........it is due out in April , can't say i am waiting with bated breath. I do think that the Police Officer (can't think of his name, who publicly asked Cameron what he intended to do when the money runs out about Christmas time.

I thought that was quite extraordinary and perhaps was meant to show his contempt for Cameron and the McCanns because obviously nothing has been found to suggest the PJ were negligent and this review has taken 30 Officers and 5 Clerical staff almost a Year .

We shall see. I'm starving, catch you later.The affair is not going well with the McCanns 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down