Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article

+14
tigger
kathybelle
cass
James
marxman
dutchclogs
chrissie1
matthew
interested
almostgothic
Loopdaloop
malena stool
kitti
Justiceforallkids
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article - Page 2 Empty Re: MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article

Post  James Mon 29 Oct - 21:03

is the 'hotline' still manned? That is a cost.

there is the Fund administrator's salary (whoever that is).

That person has an important job - to ensure the highest standards of transparency or some such waffle; in addition to counting the stock of good quality wristbands etc and seeing orders are sent out efficiently, lodging the money for them, and the other money coming in. Also putting up financial info on the website - oops, must be too busy with the tasks listed to have time for that.
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :
MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article - Page 2 Empty Re: MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article

Post  cass Mon 29 Oct - 22:20

mossman wrote:
tigger wrote:
mossman wrote:“Additionally money continues to be spent on the wider ‘Awareness Campaign’, reminding people that Madeleine is still missing and to remain vigilant.”

I like that quote. Just what is the wider awareness campaign these days ?

You can order posters, wristbands and more such delights, but you have to pay. The website and facebook can be the only costs to the Fund, Facebook is free unless they pay someone to run it.
It is quite possible that the detectives haven't done anything since SY took over, since they handed them their homework. ("How I lived in a lawless village in wildest Portugal disguised as a fruitpicker and other things we did on our holidays....').
Since the taxpayer is funding the SY search which by now must have gone past the 3 million (April it stood at 2.5 million I believe) and we hear sotto voce that SY will carry on regardless, taking into the account the thousands of psychic sightings as well as the very slowly diminishing 195 leads - how is the Fund helping the search? How are the McCanns searching even as we speak?
Selling posters in order to have others 'search' for Madeleine does not drain the Fund. Or is time spent writing messages for the website and answering phonecalls charged to the Fund?

I think this is a change in tactic by the McCanns. There is no search by them (not that there was to begin with). They can no longer ask for money from the public for a search, SY are involved. They are still money hungry so now the begging bowl is out for an awareness campaign. Perhaps there will be a new product range also.

I have no doubt time spent writing messages for the website are charged to the fund, as is rent on an "office" in Rothley Towers. There are lots of expenses a company can legally have, and the fund is after all a company.

So we are now at the point where:-

The parents have not yet started searching and are not showing any immediate signs of doing so, unless they think she is in Donegal;
There are no private detectives involved in looking for Madeleine;
SY are sitting in an office reading files for more than a year now with nothing concrete to report as far as we know;
The file in Portugal is sitting on a shelf gathering dust

and they continue to look for money from whoever is foolish enough to part with it.

The only awareness campaign that is needed is one to warn the unsuspecting public of what is going on in this sorry story. So much for leaving no stone un-turned. It is a downright utter disgrace that this can happen.

sickening isnt it -- new start -- selfish pigs -- but we have known this all along havent we ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 29 Oct - 22:31

I've been looking at the McCanns website to see if I could find any information regarding them no longer using private detectives. I had a look at the fund and the objectives of the fund. In my opinion, there is no way the objectives of the fund can be fulfilled.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/support/index.html

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 29 Oct - 23:19

So if there are no longer any private dicks on the case, then NO-ONE is looking for Madeleine. SY certainly aren't. They are merely conducting a review into a previous search. Their spokesperson said so, and I quote -
“We have no plans to end the funding and the review into the search for Madeleine will continue.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Tue 30 Oct - 7:33

James wrote:is the 'hotline' still manned? That is a cost.

there is the Fund administrator's salary (whoever that is).

That person has an important job - to ensure the highest standards of transparency or some such waffle; in addition to counting the stock of good quality wristbands etc and seeing orders are sent out efficiently, lodging the money for them, and the other money coming in. Also putting up financial info on the website - oops, must be too busy with the tasks listed to have time for that.

Which begs the question 'Why did Esther McVey' leave the Fund so suddenly in January 08?' In January 08 there was a lot of activity:
negotiations for a one million pound fee with Oprah Winfrey or Barara Walters (according to the press a bidding war was going on)
negotiations - I AM NOT KIDDING! - for the film rights for an undisclosed sum said to be a million as well.
talk of taking part in a documentary - for a fee

As they were still arguidos they could not actually do the interviews I understand, until that status was lifted, which didn't happen until august 08.

By the way - they had a Gala evening stocked with celebrities for the 1000th anniversary of Maddie's disappearance. The good and great were there and charged 150 a head.
I did a bit of counting and by my reckoning the 2000th anniversary went without a whisper, on the 26th October 2012....
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 30 Oct - 8:25

I think Esther McVey left because of the dispute about the Fund being used for Legal Fees. There is a video of her making an announcement that a Directors Meeting had voted that the Fund could not be used for Legal Fees. There was also disquiet that 2 months Mortgage payments had been taken so Gerry said it would be returned to the Fund. With the accounting information so sparse we don't know if it ever was.

Kate is writing her 3rd book, due for release next April, with all the money the McCanns have made with books, T.V. Interviews etc they should not take one single penny from the Fund.MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article - Page 2 157799

If they really are in Donegal it means the twins took time off school.......see how selfish this couple are, couldn't they go to Ireland during school holidays?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 30 Oct - 8:32

Panda wrote:I think Esther McVey left because of the dispute about the Fund being used for Legal Fees. There is a video of her making an announcement that a Directors Meeting had voted that the Fund could not be used for Legal Fees. There was also disquiet that 2 months Mortgage payments had been taken so Gerry said it would be returned to the Fund. With the accounting information so sparse we don't know if it ever was.

Kate is writing her 3rd book, due for release next April, with all the money the McCanns have made with books, T.V. Interviews etc they should not take one single penny from the Fund.MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF new article - Page 2 157799

If they really are in Donegal it means the twins took time off school.......see how selfish this couple are, couldn't they go to Ireland during school holidays?
I don't know about where they live, Panda but one of my grandsons was on school hols last week and this week for half term, so they could well of been?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 30 Oct - 8:43

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:I think Esther McVey left because of the dispute about the Fund being used for Legal Fees. There is a video of her making an announcement that a Directors Meeting had voted that the Fund could not be used for Legal Fees. There was also disquiet that 2 months Mortgage payments had been taken so Gerry said it would be returned to the Fund. With the accounting information so sparse we don't know if it ever was.

I don't know about where they live, Panda but one of my grandsons was on school hols last week and this week for half term, so they could well of been?

Leicester half term is often different from half term in my part of the country. It's this week here, but I think it was last week in Leicester because my son-in-law, who teaches in Leicester was off.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 30 Oct - 8:56

AnnaEsse wrote:
wjk wrote:

Leicester half term is often different from half term in my part of the country. It's this week here, but I think it was last week in Leicester because my son-in-law, who teaches in Leicester was off.

Yes, it was 22nd to 26th October in Leicester. They won't have spent much time with their cousins in Donegal, their half term only commenced on 26th.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 30 Oct - 9:27

What cousins in Donegal?! Unless they dragged Uncle John's son and daughter with them from Scotland, there aren't any! Other than the grown-up son of Aunt Trish.

As I've said before, I'll eat my hat if proof ever comes that the McCanns were in Donegal either last week or in April 2007.

Pure hokum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2