Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the review be called off sooon?

+13
wjk
ann_chovey
tigger
matthew
weissnicht
chrissie
Bobsy
almostgothic
MaryB
pennylane
Lioned
cass
maebee
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will the review be called off sooon? Empty Will the review be called off sooon?

Post  Panda Fri 9 Nov - 10:23

The Chief Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police has suggested that the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine is exhausted.

Bernard Hogan-Howe, chief commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, also known as Scotland Yard, will question the British Prime Minister, David Cameron, if he is going to continue to fund the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

For over a year, Scotland Yard has been re-investigating the case at the request of Cameron. According to British newspaper "The Telegraph", the operation involved 28 homicide detectives and seven civilians. And so far, the new investigation has cost the state 2.5 million pounds (3.1 million euros).

Now, Hogan-Howe prepares to ask for a new commitment on investigation funding, in comments that suggest there may be a limit on how much time the police are willing to spend on the case.

"We are still reviewing all of the material. It is a significant amount of money and we have several employees attached in this case", he said, noting that "there will be a time when the government will have to make a decision" - that is, whether or not it wants to continue with the operation.

"The prime minister agreed to fund this investigation. We have not had any kind of limit on the money that we spend, we have received a lot of support," said Hogan-Howe, quoted by British newspaper "London Evening Standard". However, the chief commissioner of police states that "until Christmas I would like to see very clearly what work is needed and how long we will have to do it."

In April this year, Andy Redwood, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Division at Scotland Yard, said he believed Madeleine McCann was abducted by a stranger and could be alive. "We sincerely believe that there is a possibility of her being alive", he stated.

Madeleine McCann disappeared five years ago in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, when sleeping alone with her younger twin siblings, while their parents dined at a restaurant near the apartment they had rented.

The case was investigated for 14 months by the Portuguese Judicial Police, having been filed without results.

In May last year, the English executive decided to fund all the steps of a new investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine. "The government hopes that Scotland Yard can bring a new perspective to the case and will provide the necessary financial support for this", an official State communication stated.

At the time, David Cameron wrote a letter to Kate and Gerry McCann, parents of Madeleine, promising them that he would try to help find her.

The McCann couple, who were made arguidos by the Portuguese judicial authorities in July 2007, continues to blame the Portuguese police for not solving the case.

in: ionline, 25.08.2012
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Will the review be called off sooon? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will the review be called off sooon? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Will the review be called off sooon? Empty Re: Will the review be called off sooon?

Post  almostgothic Fri 9 Nov - 11:01

Sunday October 28,2012

In August, Met Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe appeared to cast doubt on the review’s future when he said he would ask David Cameron how long he would fund it for.

However, there was good news last week when the Home Office said there was no deadline on the work being conducted in secrecy by detectives.

A spokesperson said: “We have no plans to end the funding and the review into the search for Madeleine will continue.” It is thought it will have cost £2.5million by the end of the year.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/354861/Maddie-McCann-private-eyes-called-of
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Will the review be called off sooon? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will the review be called off sooon? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Will the review be called off sooon? Empty Re: Will the review be called off sooon?

Post  tigger Fri 9 Nov - 11:28

It's not going to look good as they are having to sell the SY building - if the review goes on for a few more years the sale price will just about cover it? Will the review be called off sooon? 25346

What next: sell Rothley Towers?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 9 Nov - 18:58

I doubt Cameron will make any more money available because he will risk the wrath of Tory Backbenchers and the Press.

If the Review Team have not found any new evidence after 18 months and the PJ have not announced a re-opening of the case, let the McCanns accept this fact .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sat 10 Nov - 1:18

The McCann couple, who were made arguidos by the Portuguese judicial authorities in July 2007, continues to blame the Portuguese police for not solving the case.

The cheek of them! Even after their toddlers cried and asked "Where were you?" they continued to leave them alone. Nobody but the McCanns are to blame for the disappearance of their daughter.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 10 Nov - 7:55

hope that when they call it off and theres no more money to be spnt -- we dont have lord and lady muck in our papers ay in day out -- with their begging bowls --- what can they tell us from the review ? nothing that we dont already know -- they wont say anything imo -- case closed move on joe public
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Nov - 13:32

cass wrote:hope that when they call it off and theres no more money to be spnt -- we dont have lord and lady muck in our papers ay in day out -- with their begging bowls --- what can they tell us from the review ? nothing that we dont already know -- they wont say anything imo -- case closed move on joe public

Hi cass, since it is taxpayers money paying for the Review, the SY Report should be published. I doubt Cameron will agree because he is going to come out of this with egg on his face.!!!! However, I think maybe since it would be Theresa May as Home Secretary who would be making the decision , I think she would take great delight in informing the Press that nothing material to the case was found to prove the PJ negligent and the Portugese see no need to re-open the case.Will the review be called off sooon? 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 10 Nov - 14:55

Will there be an 'Inquest' into what happened to Madeleine?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 10 Nov - 16:21

There will probably be a review of the review Will the review be called off sooon? 294124
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 10 Nov - 16:44

wjk wrote:There will probably be a review of the review Will the review be called off sooon? 294124

.....and eventually 'An Urgent Inquiry' into The Inquest, The Review, and The Review of the Review Will the review be called off sooon? 680495
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sat 10 Nov - 17:43

pennylane wrote:
wjk wrote:There will probably be a review of the review Will the review be called off sooon? 294124

.....and eventually 'An Urgent Inquiry' into The Inquest, The Review, and The Review of the Review Will the review be called off sooon? 680495

And 'Lessons will be Learned' Will the review be called off sooon? 944533
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 10 Nov - 17:46

Bobsy wrote:
pennylane wrote:

I hope they 'leave no stone unturned' whilst doing these reviews, inquests, inquiries and reviews of the reviews!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 10 Nov - 17:57

Can we actually be sure there is an 'ongoing' review ?

I guess in about 4 years time they may have to print up something but that shouldn't take too long !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 10 Nov - 22:43

wjk wrote:
Bobsy wrote:
pennylane wrote:

I hope they 'leave no stone unturned' whilst doing these reviews, inquests, inquiries and reviews of the reviews!

Bobsy has a crystal ball for sure! Will the review be called off sooon? 173510
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Nov - 23:12

I don't remember the McCanns having their usual documentary this year to commemorate the date of Madeleine's

disappearance , only the NBC interview.

We have remarked on how quiet they have been for months , wondering if they know something we don't . I think if there is any attempt by Cameron to withhold the report from the public, there will be a public and press backlash .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 10 Nov - 23:29

I'd say it's more or less already called off. I wonder if there will be any sort of report or conclusion made public. I think the powers that be have enough to worry about with all the other things going on at the moment and would be quite glad to see this review quietly sink below the horizon.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Nov - 23:40

MaryB wrote:I'd say it's more or less already called off. I wonder if there will be any sort of report or conclusion made public. I think the powers that be have enough to worry about with all the other things going on at the moment and would be quite glad to see this review quietly sink below the horizon.

Yes I'm sure Cameron would because if no evidence of negligence by the PJ is found he will be villified by the Press for spending £3 million of taxpayers money because his friend Rebekah Brooks persuaded him a review was necessary. The McCanns will have to keep their heads down because their insistance that the PJ had been lax and closed the case too soon will have been proved groundless.

MaryB, thinking about it, how can he possibly slap a D Notice on any reporting?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sun 11 Nov - 0:38

I read somewhere that some D notices were so secret that nobody even knew there was a D notice. So if they did this, that is put a D notice on it all, then we would just assume no report had been made. Not that a report had been made that was secret. Isn't it confusing.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 11 Nov - 7:11

Panda wrote:I don't remember the McCanns having their usual documentary this year to commemorate the date of Madeleine's

We have remarked on how quiet they have been for months , wondering if they know something we don't . I think if there is any attempt by Cameron to withhold the report from the public, there will be a public and press backlash .
I think mccanns are preparing their "xmas speech" (fake queen) or was it called begging for money (lawyers and PR-persons are not free) ... or...will it be "5th xmas without Maddie party on the rooftops" with chinese lantern, new T-shirt launch or maybe this time a "Good quality xmas jumper with 3 year old Maddie" in xmas wrapping and all... or Will the review be called off sooon? 303636
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Nov - 7:42

weissnicht wrote:
Panda wrote:I don't remember the McCanns having their usual documentary this year to commemorate the date of Madeleine's

I think mccanns are preparing their "xmas speech" (fake queen) or was it called begging for money (lawyers and PR-persons are not free) ... or...will it be "5th xmas without Maddie party on the rooftops" with chinese lantern, new T-shirt launch or maybe this time a "Good quality xmas jumper with 3 year old Maddie" in xmas wrapping and all... or Will the review be called off sooon? 303636

morning weissnicht.....nah, they don't need the begging bowl anymore, they are loaded.Will the review be called off sooon? 294124Don't forget , they have Kate's third attempt at writing a book due out next April. I think the McCanns are deliberately keeping a low profile because they must be nervous about what the review will reveal. Either it will contain information detrimental to the McCanns or that the PJ investigation was thorough and all possible leads were followed up. Either verdict will harm the McCanns and I'm sure the Fund will be wound up and NSU used for other purposes.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 11 Nov - 8:49

The review will NEVER come to light....national security remember .

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Nov - 9:14

kitti wrote:The review will NEVER come to light....national security remember .

Morning kitti.....if Cameron tried to pull that stunt, the Press would be on him like a ton of bricks.Will the review be called off sooon? 294124

This is a case of a child who went missing over 5 years ago, vanished without trace. Her Parents, having spent these years, with the help of a Fund donated by the Public, hired various Detective Agencies, the Press obligingly published numerous photos of the child, also purported sightings of her around the World, all to no avail.

The parents then suggested that the Portugese Police had not done their job properly and not chased up potential leads. By using a National newspaper to publish an appeal to the Prime Minister , they succeeded in getting a Review and £3 million was found to be available from Home Office funds . This resulted in 28 Officers and 7 clerical Staff being assigned to the Review and after 18 months there is no indication on whether the Review has been completed and a Report in the hands of the Home Office, or the Review has still not been completed.

There is no way this Report warrants a D Notice and since public money has been used, the Public has a right to know the result. Why should the McCanns be protected when they were so vocal in their criticism.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 11 Nov - 10:06

So how much is left in the "fund" at the moment, anybody know?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Nov - 11:03

Iris wrote:So how much is left in the "fund" at the moment, anybody know?

Morning Iris, the Accounts to 31st March 2012 should be published next month and will include the Royalties from Kates Book, no doubt hidden under" Income ".!!! I don't think the c/f figure to 2011 is very high , I think I have the 2011 accounts so will wade through all the bumph. I was just looking through some of the stuff and came across a writ against Halligen by a Company called Ryecroft Consultants S.A. , amount demanded $1,400.000, filed April 2009.!!!!! Don't tell me that the fund never checked this guy out before handing over £300,000...... he is also experienced in money laundering.

Why is is that the McCanns can demand a review of the PJ case because they say the PJ closed it too early , yet Joe Public, who donated to the Fund and have witnessed all these dubious payments to "detectives", squandered more fund money on legal fees can't get redress.???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 11 Nov - 11:18

I found the accounts to 31/3/11 tried to copy and paste but it doesn't work so I just noted the closing figures.

Profit and Loss Acccount.......(£344.859) that is some deficit, I presume it includes the £300,000 "paid" to Halligen.

Capital and Reserves............£125,175
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next