Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt

4 posters

Go down

Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt Empty Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt

Post  Susan Sat 10 Jan - 18:28

Danny Platt is a certifiable, Grade A, Government Inspected, 4 out of 5 dentists agree, asshole. Why Max, you may ask, why such a harsh opinion of Mr. Platt? Let Me elaborate.

About 11:30am New Orleans Police activated their Amber Alert system after Danny reported that three men armed with AK-47’s kidnapped his 2-1/2 year old son Ja’ Shawn Powell. According to investigators, Platt said a dark-colored sport utility vehicle stopped next to him and his son near the intersection and three men got out of the vehicle armed with assault rifles.

Platt said the men forced him to the ground at gunpoint, took his son and fled the area in the SUV.

Well anyways, this was the story he settled on. The child’s Mother, Daniella Powell, tells a much more interesting tale.

“First he said that a white lady came by and snatched him out of his arms,” she said. “Then he told the police that it was some guys that came up to him and said that they was looking for a guy named Johnny.”

“We went through child support court on December 4,” said Daniella Powell, mother of Ja Shawn. “First his dad was ordered to pay $446 in regular child support, and he was ordered to pay me $4,000 in back child support.”

She said Platt never picked up the child before, but suddenly Friday evening, around 8:30 p.m., he called, saying he wanted Ja’ Shawn to spend the weekend with him.

Powell has not seen Ja’ Shawn since, saying she had to give the child to the father because he had visitation rights to see Ja’ Shawn.

“Then he called me back at 11 p.m.,” she said. “And he was like,‘Your son was kidnapped, bye.’ He didn’t even say anything after.”

“I called him back and said, ‘How do you let a two-year-old get kidnapped? What was you doing that he got kidnapped?’” she said. “He said, ‘Why you blaming this on me? Why you blaming this on me? I ain’t got time for this, bye.’”

Powell called Platt back a third time and asked if he called police. “He said, “Yeah, I called the police. As a matter of fact, they’re here right now and I’m about to flag them down.” But Daniella said when she talked to police, they told her the father had not called them.

Because Powell had called police, officers flagged the father down, she said. Powell said that she saw the father last night in the back of a police car, but he would not look at her.

In addition to telling the police different stories, according to Powell, the father deleted calls from his phone, trying to hide that he had called and talked to Powell

As you can see, Danny Platt is not a master criminal, and it wasn’t very long before he confessed to killing little Ja’ Shawn Powell, his son. His reason for taking the life of his own flesh and blood? Apparently he was unhappy about having to pay child support after going over 2 years with contributing a dime to the kids upbringing, and had made several statements that either his wife or Ja’ Shawn would be dead before he paid it.

It’s unusual when a police spokesman loses his temper, it’s even more unusual when the spokesman in question is Police Superintendent Warren Riley, a very high ranking official of the New Orleans Police Department. I’ll just let his words have their intended effect.

“How does an individual — because he’s ordered to pay child support to take care of a kid … believe that this is so much pressure that he would face — he would do this hideous act to his own child, or to any child, and think that is a remedy to paying child support?” Riley said. “I mean there are some sick individuals in this society, and this gentleman is clearly one.”

The best Danny Platt could come up with was “I’m sorry about killing my baby, and I’m sorry for the family that I caused trouble with.”

Platt did man up enough to take the cops to where he had hidden Ja’ Shawn’s body, although Police are reserving formal identification until after the autopsy. Danny Platt has been charged with First Degree Murder and is being held without bail.

This story has gotten to me more than any other I can remember. All I can think of is that little boy’s picture. He was probably overjoyed that his Daddy came to take him out after so many months of no contact. I’m sure in his little mind he was planning all the fun thing he would do with his dad, all those things he dreamed of doing the day HIS DADDY came for him. Instead, he wound up on a slab in a medical examiners office, because his son of a bitch sperm donor didn’t want to do want most men are proud to do. Some men, like cops, prison guards, fireman & soldiers risk their lives every fucking day to support their kids. This one is going to haunt me for a long , long time.

Last edited by Ambersuz on Mon 4 Jan - 16:25; edited 2 times in total
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt Empty Re: Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt

Post  Susan Sat 10 Jan - 18:29

Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt Right_bar_bleue

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt Empty Re: Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt

Post  pm Sat 10 Jan - 19:48

another one Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt 371436 Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt 389741

RIP little boy
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Sat 10 Jan - 19:49

So many little children unloved.
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  lubelle Mon 12 Jan - 10:45

You are so right Amber..it's disgusting.!! Poor little sole...so much to looked forward to, but snatched away from him by the the person he should've been able to look upto.

RIP little one.
lubelle
lubelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1405
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jan - 18:30

The horror that poor child must have faced and now the mother....all because some deadbeat sc*mbag wouldnt be a man and face up to his responsibility towards his beautiful child.

RIP little one.

I have searched the internet for what sentence his "father!" got and cannot see anything..does anyone know what happened next pls? I have to say this particular story has really got me so mad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jan - 19:21

Thanks Eddie. Had read what this poor excuse of a human had said in interview, but written version. To hear him mumble those same words was ten times worse. Im truly outraged.

I just hope that he suffers before he enters hell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jan - 20:40

eddie wrote:
vengefulangel wrote:Thanks Eddie. Had read what this poor excuse of a human had said in interview, but written version. To hear him mumble those same words was ten times worse. Im truly outraged.

I just hope that he suffers before he enters hell.

Hi Vengeful, I must admit I was brought to tears posting all that and wished fiercely that Danny Platt would meet a really bad bad death.

Ja’ Shawn Powell - killed by his father Danny Platt 306321

I have been scouring the net for information to say that this animal has got his comeuppance and there is nothing at all apart from the aftermath where he mumbled his guilt and was led to prison. How strange. I shall keep searching though. Yes absolutely, here is hoping to a very scary painful drawn out death...one worse than the one he inflicted on his poor boy by slashing his throat.

Not much moves me to tears but I am afraid this story did. The more I searched the worse it got. I read that on that fateful night the little one had woken and ran to the door excitedly shouting "Daddys here"...the worst thing is that his love whilst unconditional was not deserved. It seems that this tw*t had never been a part of his life, yet this beautiful child still adored him. The mother has tried to commit suicide since and has had to move away. Its just overwhelmingly sad but all too common, what is the matter with people nowadays!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jan - 22:40

r.i.p.little man
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 13 May - 22:32

Go here for an interesting and insightful read into this case. Also see the bastard "apologise" for killing that beautiful baby boy....

http://blog.nola.com/notesonneworleans/2009/01/danny_platt_apologizes_for_kil.html

Danny Platt Apologizes for Killing Son, Ja'Shawn Powell

Taken from "Whose shoes are these anyway?" website:
The above video of Danny Platt, the New Orleans man who killed his 2-year-old son, Ja'Shawn Powell, because he didn't want to pay child support comes from The Times Picayune site, NOLA.com, but I became aware of the story when it broke yesterday via WWL TV.

I wrote the first post about Ja Shawn Powell when I heard he was missing and the fishy story his father, Danny Platt, 22, told to the police. The focus of the post was 1.) I hoped the child would be found alive but doubted it, 2.) I didn't believe the father's story about three black gunmen taking his son and figured it was a domestic violence issue, and 3.) Stories of missing or murdered black children generally don't get the same news coverage as stories of missing or murdered white children. See first post here.

I and many others believed immediately that Platt, about whom we nothing other than his bizarre kidnapping tale, had killed his son, a child that he'd not bothered to visit in two years. Consequently, I wasn't surprised when the mother, Daniella Powell, told a reporter that Platt had been angry about paying child support, but when he called her up Friday night and said he wanted to get to know the child and take him out, she let Ja Shawn go with his father anyway because the courts ordered visitation.

This is the story of a mother's nightmare. You don't trust the father, but you're trying to live by court order and not be accused of stopping a man from seeing his child.

She (Daniella Powell) said Platt never picked up the child before, but suddenly Friday evening, around 8:30 p.m., he called, saying he wanted Ja Shawn to spend the weekend with him.

Powell has not seen Ja Shawn since, saying she had to give the child to the father because he had visitation rights to see Ja Shawn.

“Then he called me back at 11 p.m.,” she said. “And he was like,‘Your son was kidnapped, bye.’ He didn’t even say anything after.”

“I called him back and said, 'How do you let a two-year-old get kidnapped? What was you doing that he got kidnapped?'” she said. “He said, ‘Why you blaming this on me? Why you blaming this on me? I ain’t got time for this, bye.’”

Powell called Platt back a third time and asked if he called police. “He said, “Yeah, I called the police. As a matter of fact, they’re here right now and I’m about to flag them down.” But Daniella said when she talked to police, they told her the father had not called them.

Because Powell had called police, officers flagged the father down, she said.

Powell said that she saw the father last night in the back of a police car, but he would not look at her. (WWL)
Finally, Platt led police to the child's body and confessed to the murder. However, the coroner has not officially identified the body as Ja Shawn's, and neither has the NOPD revealed how the 2-year-old died.

WWL TV reports that NOPD Superintendent said the following:
“There was an issue, believe it or not, with him (Danny Platt) recently being ordered to pay child support, and he had made some comments that he would he kill either the wife or the child before he paid child support,” said Superintendent Warren Riley at a press conference. “He was recently ordered to pay child support. Our understanding is he, for the first time in two years, picked up his son, who he had visitation rights for. (Source)
Powell told reporters the court ordered Platt to pay $4000 in back child support and $446 in "regular" child support monthly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down