Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus

3 posters

Go down

Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus Empty Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus

Post  Panda Tue 12 Mar - 13:20

Calls to DNA test 'Madeleine McCann' in Cyprus

A BRITISH girl who sparked an inquiry in Cyprus because she looks like Madeleine McCann should be DNA tested, police say.

By: James MurrayPublished: Sun, March 10, 2013

0Comments
Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus 383133_1A Madeleine McCann lookalike has been spotted in Cyprus
Cypriot police chief Paris Paraskeva said it is unlikely the girl is Madeleine but the simple check should be done just in case.
Today the Sunday Express can disclose the mysterious circumstances which triggered the ­inquiry, now involving Scotland Yard detectives reviewing the Maddie files.
In October last year a British couple and three children, the Madeleine lookalike and two boys aged two and seven, rented an apartment in Ayia Napa, a place popular with British tourists on the south-eastern tip of Cyprus.
I think the girl living next door to me was Madeleine McCann.
A Greek Cypriot tipster
The family rented the property from a British man and appeared to settle in well, enrolling the girl in a junior school. All was well ­until February, when the couple suddenly ­decided to leave.
After they left the supervisor of the property noticed some items were missing, including a kettle, and told the owner, who made a complaint to local police.
They issued an arrest warrant for the couple and alerted airports and ports. The day before the arrest warrant was issued, February 7, it appears the family flew to Britain.
Then, quite separately, on February 20 a man who had been ­living next to the family in Ayia Napa read a magazine article about Madeleine, who was snatched from an apartment in the Algarve in Portugal in May 2007, aged three.
The Greek Cypriot man thought a picture with the article showing how Madeleine would look now looked remarkably like the girl who had been his neighbour.
He begged police to investigate, telling officers: “I think the girl living next door to me was Madeleine McCann.”
Inspector Paraskeva told the Sunday Express: “We took the ­report very seriously and then realised the address was the same as for the couple we were looking for. It was quite a ­coincidence.
“I asked my officers to do checks with schools to see if the girl was registered anywhere and we were lucky because she had been at a school in Ayia Napa. We got a photograph of the girl and her birth certificate which showed she was 12, several years older than Madeleine would be now.
“We knew the family had left the island, so we informed Interpol and I sent them the picture of the girl and her birth certificate.
“I had the name of the girl and an address where the family were staying in England and that has all been given to Interpol, so I ­assume that the police in England will have checked it out.
“They have not contacted me back, so I do not know what is happening.
“We also showed the picture of the girl to the Greek Cypriot man and he confirmed it was the child who had been living next door. When he compared the picture with the one in the magazine he was not so sure it was definitely Madeleine but we all felt it was still worth investigating.
“If the couple had been on the island and we had arrested them and then received this report, we would have asked the girl to provide a DNA sample for testing. We have the DNA profile of Madeleine so we could have done it quite quickly. I would think that Interpol or British police would do this when they speak to the family just to rule it out.”
Last week Scotland Yard said it would not give a “running commentary” on the lines of ­inquiry in the Operation Grange investigative review of all known ­evidence relating to Madeleine’s disappearance.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus Empty Re: Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus

Post  Panda Tue 12 Mar - 13:26

They issued an arrest warrant for the couple and alerted airports and ports. The day before the arrest warrant was issued, February 7, it appears the family flew to Britain"

Theyv'e got to be extracting the urine.......alerting Airports and Ports over a kettle?????Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus Empty Re: Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus

Post  chrissie Tue 12 Mar - 13:40

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 12 Mar - 13:42

well that's 6 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Mar - 13:48

Hi chrissie, yes I read Anorak 7th March, this is the 10th March Express , thought it might be embellished.Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 12 Mar - 13:55

Panda wrote:
Hi chrissie, yes I read Anorak 7th March, this is the 10th March Express , thought it might be embellished.Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus 25346

This article was posted on that thread too, I wasn't sure if you'd missed it Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus Icon_flower
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Mar - 15:44

chrissie wrote:
Panda wrote:

This article was posted on that thread too, I wasn't sure if you'd missed it Calls to DNA test "Madeleine McCann in Cyprus Icon_flower

OOPS....I had!!! tghanks, I will ask one of the Mods to dlete this thread.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Mar - 15:45

Mods, can you delete this thread...thanks.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down