Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health

+3
Lillyofthevalley
AnnaEsse
wjk
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health Empty SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health

Post  Badboy Sun 30 Jun - 0:19

Studies suggest that 6 hours of tv a day can reduce lifespan by about years.
also glucose levels increase in blood.
basically sitting at a desk or on a couch for long periods affect health.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health Empty Re: SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health

Post  Lioned Sun 30 Jun - 0:26

Yes you would get unfit and overweight and plus all the crisps and snacks you eat whilst sitting around watching telly when you should be out jogging or working out in the gym etc.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health Empty Re: SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health

Post  wjk Sun 30 Jun - 9:28

What about sitting at your pc for hours reading and posting on MM?
I think I'm a lost cause SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 389741 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 30 Jun - 10:56

Me too! My only defence m'lud is that I don't snack between meals.

Since I retired 3 years ago I have been content to vegetate in a darkened room!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 30 Jun - 13:17

I snack all the time and drink loads of beer but i still work hard and sweat it off,i think i have hyper active disorder as i cant sit still for five minutes unless i am drunk off course.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 30 Jun - 15:07

Ah, you're both better behaved than me. I don't drink beer but I do snack! I'm eating crisps as I type this SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 424625 
I think I've put on about 2 stone in the last six years!!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 30 Jun - 15:19

Lioned wrote:I snack all the time and drink loads of beer but i still work hard and sweat it off,i think i have hyper active disorder as i cant sit still for five minutes unless i am drunk off course.

Hey! You like beer? Aldi has lots of good beers, like Old Speckled Hen, at 99p a bottle!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 30 Jun - 19:38

Speckled Hen is good but i was buying box's of 18 buds for 10 quid at Tesco's last week,should have bought more as they sold out this week and all my Daughter and her boyfriends mates have just been round for a big barbie and cleaned me out !
Talk about exersize clearing up the garden after that lot.

Personally i am not convinced that being a couch potato takes years off your life,but overeating probably does.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 30 Jun - 20:03

I agree Lioned, we need to rest and relax and this is hat I do from about 6.30 till 10pm most nights, how re we supposed to rest, nibbles and drink I agree we have to be responsible for! But there us nothing like a nibble on a night SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 25346 

Homemade pork pie, DELISH!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 1 Jul - 19:57

Yes i do like to have a nibble in the evenings.

And it is good to relax,you must stretch out and have your feet level with your heart to make it easy for your blood to circulate.

Also a power nap during the day helps.

Being a fat slob and smoking fags is bad though.

Drink a half bottle of red wine a day is good for the bladder as i can testify.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 2 Jul - 22:03

Going for a daily walk as part of your routine helps as well, especially if you have somewhere nice to walk.SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 25346 
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 3 Jul - 0:18

Oh yes,i walk to the pub. SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 25346 
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 3 Jul - 11:20

and I imagine your arm gets a good work out lifting the pints! SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 956518 SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 294124 
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 30 Mar - 23:14

I NEED TO SPEND LESS TIME AT THE COMPUTER,METHINKS
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 30 Mar - 23:37

Badboy wrote:I NEED TO SPEND LESS TIME AT THE COMPUTER,METHINKS

Why.Are you putting on weight ?

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 30 Mar - 23:49

NOT EXACTLY,BUT ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD FOR YOU BEING SEDENTARY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 5 Jun - 21:58

Badboy wrote:Studies suggest that 6 hours of tv a day can reduce lifespan by about  years.

In other words if you are a lazy fat lump of lard you will likely die early !

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 24 Jun - 2:04

THEY ARE NOW SAYING SITTTING DOWN INSTEAD OF STANDING CAN INCREASE YOUR CANCES OF A HEART ATTACK.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jul - 20:02

Try and go for a walk every day, run up and down the stairs a few times, do a bit of skipping, dancing, and a bit of the other  SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 192282 and you should be fine!  SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 25346 
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 5 Jul - 20:24

Sitting around is also bad for the prostate.

A bit of the 'other' is very good for the prostate.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jul - 20:49

a bit of the other good for heart as well!  SITTING AROUND CAN AFFECT lifespan as well as health 192282 
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 20 Sep - 23:05

I HAVE READ AN ARTICLE IN NEW SCIENTIST THAT EXERCISE ETC FIRES UP THE MITOCHONDRIAL ENERGY CELLS IN THE CELLS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 31 Aug - 23:02

Lioned wrote:
Badboy wrote:Studies suggest that 6 hours of tv a day can reduce lifespan by about  years.

In other words if you are a lazy fat lump of lard you will likely die early !

THERE HAS BEEN ANOTHER PIECE OF RESEARCH WHICH HAS SAID THAT WATCHING TOO MUCH TV CAN LEAD TO BLOOD CLOTS AND DEATH AS A RESULT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 12 Sep - 16:35

What the bloody hell can we do...don't sit down, don't drink, don't eat, don't smoke, don't go out after dark yet a few months ago, a young man dropped dead due to running 5 miles!!!

Perhaps we should just stay in bed with the curtains closed and wait for Armageddon ...we can lie down I presume?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 12 Sep - 18:05

EVEN THAT IS BAD FOR YOU,MIGHT LEAD TO BLOOD CLOTS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next