Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for GA's Book!

+13
kitti
mara thon
MaryB
Carolina
margaret
pennylane
dazedandconfused
Keela
fred
almostgothic
frencheuropean
kathybelle
wjk
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Request for GA's Book! Empty Request for GA's Book!

Post  Keela Thu 12 Sep - 13:05

i have just had a lady come into my shop asking if I had a copy of The truth of the Lie! I told her I hadn't but would happily print off a copy of the translated book from here for a donation to charity. She is coming back tomorrow for it! She also said that friends of hers were at the next table to the McCanns group on the night in question but have never been questioned by the PJ. Her husband used to be a Police Officer for 26 years before moving out here 7 years ago and both of them are firmly of the opinion that it was Gerry seen carrying M and that both of them are responsible.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
Request for GA's Book! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Request for GA's Book! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Request for GA's Book! Empty Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  wjk Thu 12 Sep - 13:06

Request for GA's Book! 307691  keela.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Request for GA's Book! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Request for GA's Book! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 12 Sep - 13:10

Good for you keela!

When they come back ask them why they haven't been in touch with SY themselves!!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 12 Sep - 13:11

Keela wrote:i have just had a lady come into my shop asking if I had a copy of The truth of the Lie! I told her I hadn't but would happily print off a copy of the translated book from here for a donation to charity. She is coming back tomorrow for it! She also said that friends of hers were at the next table to the McCanns group on the night in question but have never been questioned by the PJ. Her husband used to be a Police Officer for 26 years before moving out here 7 years ago and both of them are firmly of the opinion that it was Gerry seen carrying M and that both of them are responsible.
Very well done Keela Request for GA's Book! 307691 Request for GA's Book! Icon_flower 
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 12 Sep - 14:22

kathybelle wrote:
Keela wrote:i have just had a lady come into my shop asking if I had a copy of The truth of the Lie! I told her I hadn't but would happily print off a copy of the translated book from here for a donation to charity. She is coming back tomorrow for it! She also said that friends of hers were at the next table to the McCanns group on the night in question but have never been questioned by the PJ. Her husband used to be a Police Officer for 26 years before moving out here 7 years ago and both of them are firmly of the opinion that it was Gerry seen carrying M and that both of them are responsible.
Very well done Keela Request for GA's Book! 307691 Request for GA's Book! Icon_flower 
Wow, well done, Keela.  Request for GA's Book! 944533 

I absolutely agree with that lady 100%!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 12 Sep - 14:34

OMG!!! They are all coming out of the woodwork now Request for GA's Book! 306321 
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Thu 12 Sep - 14:39

Be careful Keela. Strange that they know people close to the McCann this evening and came just to you. Isn't it a trap? It could prove that it's easy to have the Amaral's book in translation in the UK and used against Amaral and , may be you.
But I am probably too suspicious.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 12 Sep - 14:41

Well done Keela! Request for GA's Book! 307691
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 12 Sep - 14:44

frencheuropean wrote:Be careful Keela. Strange that they know people close to the McCann this evening and came just to you. Isn't it a trap? It could prove that it's easy to have the Amaral's book in translation in the UK and used against Amaral and , may be you.
You are quite right, frenchy.  Having seen how chillingly underhanded the tactics are of the McCanns and their entourage.... it certainly doesn't hurt to be cautious.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 12 Sep - 14:45

Point her to the hundreds off online translations .....that should keep the mccanns busy for a couple off years..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 12 Sep - 15:26

pennylane wrote:
frencheuropean wrote:Be careful Keela. Strange that they know people close to the McCann this evening and came just to you. Isn't it a trap? It could prove that it's easy to have the Amaral's book in translation in the UK and used against Amaral and , may be you.
You are quite right, frenchy.  Having seen how chillingly underhanded the tactics are of the McCanns and their entourage.... it certainly doesn't hurt to be cautious.
The book ban was overturned, but I suppose if Keela is printing stuff off, they could have her done for copyright? Nothing would suprise me now!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 12 Sep - 15:34

Anyone else think I have been lead into some kind of trap? The woman was genuine enough and quite forceful in her assertations of the Mccanns guilt. I personally think that because her husband was a police officer and thinks that they are guilty and wants to read the book which cannot be found in English, then I will be OK.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 12 Sep - 15:40

Keela wrote:Anyone else think I have been lead into some kind of trap? The woman was genuine enough and quite forceful in her assertations of the Mccanns guilt. I personally think that because her husband was a police officer and thinks that they are guilty and wants to read the book which cannot be found in English, then I will be OK.
I felt concern when she said that friends of theirs were at the next table an weren't questioned by the PJ. That infers that the PJ weren't doing their job properly, did she go on to say that SY have now put things right and questioned them? I would tread cautiously on this one.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Sep - 16:04

The couple may be completely genuine but, thinking of the incident where an unsavoury team McCann member conned Tony Bennett into supplying a copy of his 60 reasons booklet, we know that they are totally unscrupulous.

If it were me, I'd invent some excuse as to why I couldn't copy the book but refer her instead to where she can find it on the Internet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 12 Sep - 16:14

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The couple may be completely genuine but, thinking of the incident where an unsavoury team McCann member  conned Tony Bennett into supplying a copy of his 60 reasons booklet, we know that they are totally unscrupulous.  

If it were me, I'd invent some excuse as to why I couldn't copy the book but refer her instead to where she can find it on the Internet.  
Yes NBY, that's a win, win!   If she's genuine, she won't mind at all.Request for GA's Book! 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Sep - 16:31

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The couple may be completely genuine but, thinking of the incident where an unsavoury team McCann member  conned Tony Bennett into supplying a copy of his 60 reasons booklet, we know that they are totally unscrupulous.  

Yes, that's very true. Good advice NBY!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 12 Sep - 17:06

Keela wrote:Anyone else think I have been lead into some kind of trap? The woman was genuine enough and quite forceful in her assertations of the Mccanns guilt. I personally think that because her husband was a police officer and thinks that they are guilty and wants to read the book which cannot be found in English, then I will be OK.
Well l smell a rat too keela, what sort of ex-policeman is he if he hasn't guided their friends to talk to SY!

I'm not sure Snr.Amaral would wish to sue you for copyright issues though.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 12 Sep - 17:07

Iris wrote:

Yes, that's very true.  Good advice NBY!
Yes, Keela, I think that you should follow this advice and just make up an excuse, such as your printer is on the blink, and refer her to any links on the internet. Better safe than sorry, especially now with the trial.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 14 Sep - 13:52

Keela. that's quite devastating news, Can't Claudia let Amaral know? He might want to interview the guy. When the lady comes back, ask for her address and say why.

This is nothing like Tony's book which he had undertaken not to sell. Amaral's book is on sale because the injunction was lifted and the books have been returned to the Publisher. You go ahead and print it for her Keela and ask for her address as i suggested.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 14 Sep - 14:20

What a coincidence. Don't believe this for an instance. No. It's a ploy.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sat 14 Sep - 14:36

I find it very strange that the friends of these people who were sat next to the McCanns have never gone to the police with what they know, or what they suspect. I would be very careful, the McCann supporters don't appear to have any scruples at all and are more than willing to play dirty.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 14 Sep - 14:41

Keela, did the woman ever turn up again?

I presume that you aren't known locally are you as someone who doesn't believe the McCanns?

The story about having friends at the next table to the McCanns sounds extremely unlikely. Perhaps the woman just wanted to make herself sound important.

I'd certainly take interest if I met someone with first hand knowledge of the case.

Mara Thon: there's no doubt that McCann supporters have no scruples!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 14 Sep - 14:53

mara thon wrote:I find it very strange that the friends of these people who were sat next to the McCanns have never gone to the police with what they know, or what they suspect.  I would be very careful, the McCann supporters don't appear to have any scruples at all and are more than willing to play dirty.
With the chaos that evening when Kate rushed into the restaurant, these people might already have left which is why they weren't interviewed. Maybe they held no opinion of the McCanns until they read the reports, , just ask them Keela for their address,do you live in PDL by the way.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 14 Sep - 15:26

Everybody who ate in the tapas that night and the nights before were interviewed....everyone staying their were interviewed.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 14 Sep - 15:38

It just seems strange to me that she has chosen this point in time to try and get the book. If she has all this second hand knowledge and is completely against the McCanns and always thought them guilty. How come she has never tried to find the book on the internet before. Plus, as has been said before, why did her policeman husband not tell potential witnesses to go to the police? She may be genuine but one never knows!
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next