Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Request for GA's Book!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Request for GA's Book!

Post  Keela on Thu 12 Sep - 13:05

i have just had a lady come into my shop asking if I had a copy of The truth of the Lie! I told her I hadn't but would happily print off a copy of the translated book from here for a donation to charity. She is coming back tomorrow for it! She also said that friends of hers were at the next table to the McCanns group on the night in question but have never been questioned by the PJ. Her husband used to be a Police Officer for 26 years before moving out here 7 years ago and both of them are firmly of the opinion that it was Gerry seen carrying M and that both of them are responsible.

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  wjk on Thu 12 Sep - 13:06

á keela.

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  margaret on Thu 12 Sep - 13:10

Good for you keela!

When they come back ask them why they haven't been in touch with SY themselves!!

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  kathybelle on Thu 12 Sep - 13:11

Keela wrote:i have just had a lady come into my shop asking if I had a copy of The truth of the Lie! I told her I hadn't but would happily print off a copy of the translated book from here for a donation to charity. She is coming back tomorrow for it! She also said that friends of hers were at the next table to the McCanns group on the night in question but have never been questioned by the PJ. Her husband used to be a Police Officer for 26 years before moving out here 7 years ago and both of them are firmly of the opinion that it was Gerry seen carrying M and that both of them are responsible.
Very well done Keela áá

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  pennylane on Thu 12 Sep - 14:22

kathybelle wrote:
Keela wrote:i have just had a lady come into my shop asking if I had a copy of The truth of the Lie! I told her I hadn't but would happily print off a copy of the translated book from here for a donation to charity. She is coming back tomorrow for it! She also said that friends of hers were at the next table to the McCanns group on the night in question but have never been questioned by the PJ. Her husband used to be a Police Officer for 26 years before moving out here 7 years ago and both of them are firmly of the opinion that it was Gerry seen carrying M and that both of them are responsible.
Very well done Keela áá
Wow, well done, Keela. áá

I absolutely agree with that lady 100%!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  fred on Thu 12 Sep - 14:34

OMG!!! They are all coming out of the woodwork now á

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4830
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  frencheuropean on Thu 12 Sep - 14:39

Be careful Keela. Strange that they know people close to the McCann this evening and came just to you. Isn't it a trap? It could prove that it's easy to have the Amaral's book in translation in the UK and used against Amaral and , may be you.
But I am probably too suspicious.

frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1186
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  almostgothic on Thu 12 Sep - 14:41

Well done Keela!

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  pennylane on Thu 12 Sep - 14:44

frencheuropean wrote:Be careful Keela. Strange that they know people close to the McCann this evening and came just to you. Isn't it a trap? It could prove that it's easy to have the Amaral's book in translation in the UK and used against Amaral and , may be you.
But I am probably too suspicious.
You are quite right, frenchy. áHaving seen how chillingly underhanded the tactics are of the McCanns and their entourage.... it certainly doesn't hurt to be cautious.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  kitti on Thu 12 Sep - 14:45

Point her to the hundreds off online translations .....that should keep the mccanns busy for a couple off years..

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  fred on Thu 12 Sep - 15:26

pennylane wrote:
frencheuropean wrote:Be careful Keela. Strange that they know people close to the McCann this evening and came just to you. Isn't it a trap? It could prove that it's easy to have the Amaral's book in translation in the UK and used against Amaral and , may be you.
But I am probably too suspicious.
You are quite right, frenchy. áHaving seen how chillingly underhanded the tactics are of the McCanns and their entourage.... it certainly doesn't hurt to be cautious.
The book ban was overturned, but I suppose if Keela is printing stuff off, they could have her done for copyright? Nothing would suprise me now!

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4830
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  Keela on Thu 12 Sep - 15:34

Anyone else think I have been lead into some kind of trap? The woman was genuine enough and quite forceful in her assertations of the Mccanns guilt. I personally think that because her husband was a police officer and thinks that they are guilty and wants to read the book which cannot be found in English, then I will be OK.

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  dazedandconfused on Thu 12 Sep - 15:40

Keela wrote:Anyone else think I have been lead into some kind of trap? The woman was genuine enough and quite forceful in her assertations of the Mccanns guilt. I personally think that because her husband was a police officer and thinks that they are guilty and wants to read the book which cannot be found in English, then I will be OK.
I felt concern when she said that friends of theirs were at the next table an weren't questioned by the PJ. That infers that the PJ weren't doing their job properly, did she go on to say that SY have now put things right and questioned them? I would tread cautiously on this one.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Thu 12 Sep - 16:04

The couple may be completely genuine but, thinking of the incident where an unsavoury team McCann member conned Tony Bennett into supplying a copy of his 60 reasons booklet, we know that they are totally unscrupulous.

If it were me, I'd invent some excuse as to why I couldn't copy the book but refer her instead to where she can find it on the Internet.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  pennylane on Thu 12 Sep - 16:14

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The couple may be completely genuine but, thinking of the incident where an unsavoury team McCann member áconned Tony Bennett into supplying a copy of his 60 reasons booklet, we know that they are totally unscrupulous. á

If it were me, I'd invent some excuse as to why I couldn't copy the book but refer her instead to where she can find it on the Internet. á
Yes NBY, that's a win, win! á If she's genuine, she won't mind at all.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  Guest on Thu 12 Sep - 16:31

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The couple may be completely genuine but, thinking of the incident where an unsavoury team McCann member áconned Tony Bennett into supplying a copy of his 60 reasons booklet, we know that they are totally unscrupulous. á

If it were me, I'd invent some excuse as to why I couldn't copy the book but refer her instead to where she can find it on the Internet. á
Yes, that's very true. Good advice NBY!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  margaret on Thu 12 Sep - 17:06

Keela wrote:Anyone else think I have been lead into some kind of trap? The woman was genuine enough and quite forceful in her assertations of the Mccanns guilt. I personally think that because her husband was a police officer and thinks that they are guilty and wants to read the book which cannot be found in English, then I will be OK.
Well l smell a rat too keela, what sort of ex-policeman is he if he hasn't guided their friends to talk to SY!

I'm not sure Snr.Amaral would wish to sue you for copyright issues though.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  Carolina on Thu 12 Sep - 17:07

Iris wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:The couple may be completely genuine but, thinking of the incident where an unsavoury team McCann member áconned Tony Bennett into supplying a copy of his 60 reasons booklet, we know that they are totally unscrupulous. á

If it were me, I'd invent some excuse as to why I couldn't copy the book but refer her instead to where she can find it on the Internet. á
Yes, that's very true. áGood advice NBY!
Yes, Keela, I think that you should follow this advice and just make up an excuse, such as your printer is on the blink, and refer her to any links on the internet. Better safe than sorry, especially now with the trial.

Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Age : 70
Location : Algarve, Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  Panda on Sat 14 Sep - 13:52

Keela wrote:i have just had a lady come into my shop asking if I had a copy of The truth of the Lie! I told her I hadn't but would happily print off a copy of the translated book from here for a donation to charity. She is coming back tomorrow for it! She also said that friends of hers were at the next table to the McCanns group on the night in question but have never been questioned by the PJ. Her husband used to be a Police Officer for 26 years before moving out here 7 years ago and both of them are firmly of the opinion that it was Gerry seen carrying M and that both of them are responsible.
Keela. that's quite devastating news, Can't Claudia let Amaral know? He might want to interview the guy. When the lady comes back, ask for her address and say why.

This is nothing like Tony's book which he had undertaken not to sell. Amaral's book is on sale because the injunction was lifted and the books have been returned to the Publisher. You go ahead and print it for her Keela and ask for her address as i suggested.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  MaryB on Sat 14 Sep - 14:20

What a coincidence. Don't believe this for an instance. No. It's a ploy.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  mara thon on Sat 14 Sep - 14:36

I find it very strange that the friends of these people who were sat next to the McCanns have never gone to the police with what they know, or what they suspect. I would be very careful, the McCann supporters don't appear to have any scruples at all and are more than willing to play dirty.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sat 14 Sep - 14:41

Keela, did the woman ever turn up again?
á
I presume that you aren't known locally are you as someone who doesn't believe the McCanns?
á
The story about having friends at the next table to the McCanns sounds extremely unlikely. Perhaps the woman just wanted to make herself sound important.
á
I'd certainly take interest if I met someone with first hand knowledge of the case.

Mara Thon: there's no doubt that McCann supporters have no scruples!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  Panda on Sat 14 Sep - 14:53

mara thon wrote:I find it very strange that the friends of these people who were sat next to the McCanns have never gone to the police with what they know, or what they suspect. áI would be very careful, the McCann supporters don't appear to have any scruples at all and are more than willing to play dirty.
With the chaos that evening when Kate rushed into the restaurant, these people might already have left which is why they weren't interviewed. Maybe they held no opinion of the McCanns until they read the reports, , just ask them Keela for their address,do you live in PDL by the way.?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  kitti on Sat 14 Sep - 15:26

Everybody who ate in the tapas that night and the nights before were interviewed....everyone staying their were interviewed.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  fuzeta on Sat 14 Sep - 15:38

It just seems strange to me that she has chosen this point in time to try and get the book. If she has all this second hand knowledge and is completely against the McCanns and always thought them guilty. How come she has never tried to find the book on the internet before. Plus, as has been said before, why did her policeman husband not tell potential witnesses to go to the police? She may be genuine but one never knows!

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4156
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Request for GA's Book!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:12


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum