Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013

+4
tanszi
tigger
interested
frencheuropean
8 posters

Go down

Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013 Empty Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013

Post  frencheuropean Sun 13 Oct - 19:10

EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

By Dr Martin Roberts
13 October 2013

ANYONE FOR TENNIS?

Is it really any wonder that the Tapas 7 showed no enthusiasm for a reconstruction of events on the night of May 3, 2007, or that the McCanns just shrugged their shoulders, rather than encouraging their friends to assist in the 'search' for Madeleine? Hardly, when one considers that the written record since includes three significantly different accounts of a single event, given by three people all claiming to have been there at the time!

In the days when photography was a game of intuition played with wonderfully engineered machines and light-sensitive film, professionals would 'bracket' their exposures of an important subject (in a - 0 + fashion), so as to improve the chance of a perfect outcome. That's three exposures of the same subject at a given time. But trust an amateur to misconstrue the principle. For Kate McCann, Rachael Oldfield and Jane Tanner, the route to success is clearly for two different 'sharpshooters' to capture the same subject, on three separate occasions! The result is a photograph, taken on a tennis court, that's a load of balls.

Rachael Oldfield (Rogatory interview):

1578 "The third of May, are you able to summarise the days activities"?
Reply "Yeah, ...I think Diane might have been there as well, remember chatting to Kate cos we were talking about schools and that sort of thing, erm and holidays, erm and then I think it must have been at about ten thirty, Madeleine and Ella and their sort of group came to have a tennis lesson as part of their crèche activities, erm and Kate didn't have her camera and Jane was there then as well and Jane took some photos of both Madeleine and Ella, that's one, that poster of Madeleine with the tennis balls, that sort of pictures".
1578 "That was taken on the"?
Reply "Yeah that was that morning."
1578 "Thursday"?
Reply "Yeah, erm so we sort of watched them have their tennis lesson, erm and there were a few other parents there, sort of taking photos and that sort of thing."

Jane Tanner (Rogatory interview):

4078 "Okay. And can you remember what happened then for the rest of the day from your point of view?"
Reply "No. Err the Wednesday, err again I think it would have just been a, Evie would have had a sleep and just round the pool or in the, each other apartments, until, until high tea but I think Ella, and Ella would have, Ella went to err, Ella went to the err the kids club. Actually that morning was the morning Ella and Madeleine had the tennis lesson I think on the Wednesday. You've got the picture of..."
4078 "Yeah."
Reply "Err so after the, would it be the Wednesday, after our tennis lesson they all came down so we did stay and watch them for a bit, so that makes me wonder if it was actually the sailing that day. No, yeah because the sailing started, sorry, the sailing started at half eleven so between half ten and half eleven that day we would have stood and, we stood and watched, I stood with Kate and probably Rachael we watched them having their, the kids having their tennis lesson."

And later:

"On the Wednesday me, Rachael and Kate watched Ella and Madeleine having their tennis lesson."
4078 "Yeah."
Reply "But then on the Thursday another group of children came down for their tennis lesson and that's when Russell and this other person was there with the video camera. Because just going backwards, I'm thinking Russell dropped Ella off and then came to watch us finishing our tennis lesson with Evie, because Evie didn't go to the Kids Club. And after our tennis lesson that day another group of children came down for their tennis lesson, so."
4078 "Not Madeleine?"
Reply "Not Madeleine and Ella, no, another group. And we sort of just watched them starting and that's when the conversation with this other person with the video camera, because he was taking pictures of his daughter."

Kate McCann (in 'Madeleine'):

'Our apartment was cleaned on the Monday and Wednesday (another perk) by a middle-aged Portuguese lady. On Tuesday 1 May, after my tennis lesson, two maintenance workers came to have a look at our washing machine, which I couldn't get to operate. Gerry had also managed to break the window shutter mechanism in our bedroom shortly after we'd arrived, in spite of the sign asking guests to be gentle with it. What can I say? It's the Gerry touch . . . The two men looked at the washing machine first. Once they'd established that the problem was something simple – not quite as simple as me not having pressed the 'on' button, but not much more complicated than that – I went to meet Gerry, whose lesson had started at ten-fifteen, leaving them to fix the shutter.

'During Gerry's tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat's instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls.'

In short, Rachael describes how Jane took the photograph on Thursday, Jane describes the event taking place on Wednesday and Kate describes how she (Kate) took it on Tuesday. Imagine. 'Just hold that pose, dear!' 'How long for?' 'Er...tomorrow.'

And yet the photograph cannot have been taken during a mini-tennis session on the Tuesday either, because there wasn't one. Mini-tennis took place, according to the 'kids' club' schedule, on the Monday morning. If, this photograph is construed as representing Madeleine McCann's 'last hours' therefore (as a recent Sunday Telegraph report would suggest), then these will have been spent on the morning of Monday April 30th, not the early evening of May 3."
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013 Empty Re: Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 13 Oct - 19:52

frencheuropean wrote:EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

By Dr Martin Roberts
13 October 2013

ANYONE FOR TENNIS?

Is it really any wonder that the Tapas 7 showed no enthusiasm for a reconstruction of events on the night of May 3, 2007, or that the McCanns just shrugged their shoulders, rather than encouraging their friends to assist in the 'search' for Madeleine? Hardly, when one considers that the written record since includes three significantly different accounts of a single event, given by three people all claiming to have been there at the time!

In the days when photography was a game of intuition played with wonderfully engineered machines and light-sensitive film, professionals would 'bracket' their exposures of an important subject (in a - 0 + fashion), so as to improve the chance of a perfect outcome. That's three exposures of the same subject at a given time. But trust an amateur to misconstrue the principle. For Kate McCann, Rachael Oldfield and Jane Tanner, the route to success is clearly for two different 'sharpshooters' to capture the same subject, on three separate occasions! The result is a photograph, taken on a tennis court, that's a load of balls.

Rachael Oldfield (Rogatory interview):

1578 "The third of May, are you able to summarise the days activities"?
Reply "Yeah, ...I think Diane might have been there as well, remember chatting to Kate cos we were talking about schools and that sort of thing, erm and holidays, erm and then I think it must have been at about ten thirty, Madeleine and Ella and their sort of group came to have a tennis lesson as part of their crèche activities, erm and Kate didn't have her camera and Jane was there then as well and Jane took some photos of both Madeleine and Ella, that's one, that poster of Madeleine with the tennis balls, that sort of pictures".
1578 "That was taken on the"?
Reply "Yeah that was that morning."
1578 "Thursday"?
Reply "Yeah, erm so we sort of watched them have their tennis lesson, erm and there were a few other parents there, sort of taking photos and that sort of thing."

Jane Tanner (Rogatory interview):

4078 "Okay. And can you remember what happened then for the rest of the day from your point of view?"
Reply "No. Err the Wednesday, err again I think it would have just been a, Evie would have had a sleep and just round the pool or in the, each other apartments, until, until high tea but I think Ella, and Ella would have, Ella went to err, Ella went to the err the kids club. Actually that morning was the morning Ella and Madeleine had the tennis lesson I think on the Wednesday. You've got the picture of..."
4078 "Yeah."
Reply "Err so after the, would it be the Wednesday, after our tennis lesson they all came down so we did stay and watch them for a bit, so that makes me wonder if it was actually the sailing that day. No, yeah because the sailing started, sorry, the sailing started at half eleven so between half ten and half eleven that day we would have stood and, we stood and watched, I stood with Kate and probably Rachael we watched them having their, the kids having their tennis lesson."

And later:

"On the Wednesday me, Rachael and Kate watched Ella and Madeleine having their tennis lesson."
4078 "Yeah."
Reply "But then on the Thursday another group of children came down for their tennis lesson and that's when Russell and this other person was there with the video camera. Because just going backwards, I'm thinking Russell dropped Ella off and then came to watch us finishing our tennis lesson with Evie, because Evie didn't go to the Kids Club. And after our tennis lesson that day another group of children came down for their tennis lesson, so."
4078 "Not Madeleine?"
Reply "Not Madeleine and Ella, no, another group. And we sort of just watched them starting and that's when the conversation with this other person with the video camera, because he was taking pictures of his daughter."

Kate McCann (in 'Madeleine'):

'Our apartment was cleaned on the Monday and Wednesday (another perk) by a middle-aged Portuguese lady. On Tuesday 1 May, after my tennis lesson, two maintenance workers came to have a look at our washing machine, which I couldn't get to operate. Gerry had also managed to break the window shutter mechanism in our bedroom shortly after we'd arrived, in spite of the sign asking guests to be gentle with it. What can I say? It's the Gerry touch . . . The two men looked at the washing machine first. Once they'd established that the problem was something simple – not quite as simple as me not having pressed the 'on' button, but not much more complicated than that – I went to meet Gerry, whose lesson had started at ten-fifteen, leaving them to fix the shutter.

'During Gerry's tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat's instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls.'

In short, Rachael describes how Jane took the photograph on Thursday, Jane describes the event taking place on Wednesday and Kate describes how she (Kate) took it on Tuesday. Imagine. 'Just hold that pose, dear!' 'How long for?' 'Er...tomorrow.'

And yet the photograph cannot have been taken during a mini-tennis session on the Tuesday either, because there wasn't one. Mini-tennis took place, according to the 'kids' club' schedule, on the Monday morning. If, this photograph is construed as representing Madeleine McCann's 'last hours' therefore (as a recent Sunday Telegraph report would suggest), then these will have been spent on the morning of Monday April 30th, not the early evening of May 3."
Another fine posting by Dr Roberts. Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013 307691 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013 Empty Re: Dr.Martin Roberts: "Anyone for tennis?" mccannfiles.13/10/2013

Post  interested Sun 13 Oct - 20:03

So who actually took the picture and more importantly when?

Dr. Roberts' deduction is Madeleine's "last hours" were Monday, April 30th NOT MAY 3rd.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sun 13 Oct - 20:09

How will S.Y solve these contradictions? The most impartial witness should be the Ocean club and its timetable. May be it was cancelled on monday and put another day. But not in 3 different days!
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 13 Oct - 20:54

With all the contradictions/discrepancies there is one picture I saw that I can't get out of my mind, and that is the picture of Gerry McCann and another man (Michael Wright ?) standing at the shoreline looking into what appears to be a cave. I saw the picture before I ever heard of the Smiths' sighting of a man carrying a child and walking towards the beach.

There is also that missing blue sports bag which, if I remember correctly, was mentioned after the picture mentioned above was published. I don't remember if this was before the truck with the inflatable sign returned to the U.K. or not but I have often wondered about the possibility that may have been the hearse.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Mon 14 Oct - 18:53

interested wrote:So who actually took the picture and more importantly when?

Dr. Roberts' deduction is Madeleine's "last hours" were Monday, April 30th NOT MAY 3rd.
Many things wrong with the tennisphoto.  Mainly Maddie's head pasted onto possibly her own body which isn't  the same scale. So she is way too tall in that picture. About 115 cm.  In the original  she is facing left, this is the one published in a Dutch paper.  The mark mentioned in the description on her left leg is there.
If she faced right it's on her right leg so that's wrong.

If you look carefully at the white strip of T-shirt on her far shoulder it's a lot clearer that the head is too far forward.

Then we have the pink hat. Most unlikely imo that she shared that hat with Amelie. In the video where she sits between the twins on the stair she says 'My shoes!'.  Children tend to be possessive.

I've also enlarged the face and found a very clear indication that there was another tennis all which was erased but there are enough yellow pixels left to indicate a 'ghost' ball over part of her face.

Someone quite sometime ago analysed the surface and concluded it is not the same as in OC.

Sorry, can't post photographs from iPad, they comeup sideways....

Re. That snap of Gerry and MW - it's possible they were texting in order to find a thrown away phone amongst the rocks?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 14 Oct - 19:03

well they were looking for something, and I guess it was something quite small.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 14 Oct - 19:21

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 15 Oct - 1:27

I know this is significant, but I'm too dumb to understand..... please explain it someone?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Tue 15 Oct - 5:16

Wintabells wrote:
I know this is significant, but I'm too dumb to understand..... please explain it someone?
I think what the picture is saying is that the borders of the two pictured tennis courts (though they look similar in photos due to the same coloring) are made of completely different materials (gravel vs tarmac). Same goes for the court material, but the one in the tennis ball photo doesn't look like grass to me, looks more like tarmac as well.

I think they are implying that the tennis ball photo was not taken in Portugal at all, and was taken somewhere else before the holiday.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 15 Oct - 7:31

jinvta wrote:
Wintabells wrote:
I think what the picture is saying is that the borders of the two pictured tennis courts (though they look similar in photos due to the same coloring) are made of completely different materials (gravel vs tarmac). Same goes for the court material, but the one in the tennis ball photo doesn't look like grass to me, looks more like tarmac as well.

I think they are implying that the tennis ball photo was not taken in Portugal at all, and was taken somewhere else before the holiday.
In the little picture of Madeleine, there are no white lines on the tennis court. I can't think of any area of the court that is as wide as that area looks that has no white lines.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 15 Oct - 7:53

It also says that the light in that picture doesn't seem right.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down